Sign in to follow this  
Chaos

Need Help.

Since this update for css I have been still lagging in jailbreak. I was wondering if there are certain rates i have to type into console to remove this lag im getting. Or what? It really annoying with the lag im getting and it prevents me from play on the JB server. Is anyone else still getting lag in the JB server also?

This was what I found on the UKCS forum about lerp, it MIGHT help your lag issue.

This is what valve say in lerp

Code: Select allThe Source netgraph now includes "lerp" indicator which shows the actual interpolation amount (usually 100 msec unless the server or user is forcing non-default settings). The indicator will turn yellow if the server's framerate (actual framerate on the remote machine) drops below this interval. This can be used to figure out why all of the objects in the world are no longer moving smoothly. In addition, the indicator will turn orange if the user or server has tuned the ConVars such that the interpolation amount is less than 2 / updaterate. This indicates that if there is any packet loss (or possibly choke if the choke is occurring for long periods of time due to large packets being sent over a low bandwidth rate setting) that the player will likely see sluggishness in the game.

Now the best way to set your lerp up is, First make sure that you enable net graph in the console.

Next - for this bit there is no complex math just an easy setting.

Set cl_interp to 0 and cl_interp_ratio to 1 and that will auto set up cl_interp to the correct value based on your cl_updaterate

So if you if your updaterate setting is 66 it will give you a value of 0.0151. if the colour you see for lerp in net graph is yellow, orange or red then that is a bad thing and means your hit reg can/could be effected so you need to make sure its white. If it is yellow, orange or red then change cl_interp_ratio to 2 and see how it goes as this will set your interp to 0.03 ( or 30ms for the lerp setting ).

For advanced uses its best to set interp_ratio to 1 and play with the interp setting until it goes white.

As you can see there is a few reasons that valve have stated what the colours mean so when setting your rates, keep the lerp as low as possible while keeping it in the white icon_smile.gif

Now to move on to threads. This is an easy one but i need to enable Hyper Threading on my cpu to test it more but in the launch options for css add this to it -threads n

n = the amount of threads your cpu can handle, an example would be, an i7 920 can run 8 threads where a c2d can run 2 threads, a c2 quad would be 4.

This new launch option allows you to configure how many threads you want the game to use and possible fine tune it a little to get more performance from your cpu and game.

With this new update i must say that i have yet to have issues as my pc is more tuned for another game that is 3 times more demanding and as a result i don't have issues like those that have been reported on server and the steam forums, on maps like lost temple in the water on a full server ( #1 around 60 people ) i get 100+ fps. I might link to the pc tune i did at a later date.

I have been using elmo's pc to try and clear the lag/ping issues and i have only managed to remove most of the lag she had and i do plan to work on the ping as mine will say 35ms but hers will be reporting 70 to 90ms icon_sad.gif but when im done and sorted it all i will post about it.

One test you can do is to check the steam server list when in game and make sure its not updating, if it is then hit the stop refresh button as some people have found that when they have joined a server that the server list is trying to do an update icon_confused.gif

Anyway happy gaming and hope you all get lots of frags and you dont let the current css issues put you off to much.

gandy icon_smile.gif

Either post something help on this thread or don't post at all dumbass.

Sorry for bumping your thread with good music as a means to provide the little assistance I could.

Don't be a Ringo, bro.

Sign in to follow this