Sign in to follow this  
WaaX

Depression

Asides from seeking trained professional help, what are some of the ways you people cope with depression? What do you do to get your mind off shit when you're really fucking down.. I'm going through some serious shit right now with an ex girlfriend and I'm pretty destroyed over it, I can't seem to find anything to cheer me up.

sometimes i go think in a pool, just lay there and think , it helps me :D

By the way, cannabis isn't a depressant. I believe THC is, but there's way more than one active ingredient in weed.

It is a depressant. Depressant drugs do not necessarily make you feel depressed.

It is a depressant. Depressant drugs do not necessarily make you feel depressed.

*sigh*

Despressant aren't called " depressants" b/c they make you "feel" depressed. They "depress" your normal fuctions. Even though alcohol is a depressant, ppl might feel happy but it "depresses" someones natural functions (breathing, thinking, etc)

BTW this thread is becoming full of fail from every angle.

Guest Horny©at
Do you currently feel that you want to hurt yourself or someone else?

Imagine how a UFC fighter feels 24/7 :D

But for real though, I think the depression he is talking about is the "fuck life, I feel like shit right now" feeling. Where you just don't have any energy whatsoever and just give up on life. Not the depression disorder or whatever it is you guys are talking about. Just some good o' fashioned hard times.

These two things work for me when I feel down:

I don't really know if this works but It's worth a shot. Breaking stuff. Just find a sledge hammer and go ape shit inside a junkyard full of cars or something. Kinda like in zombieland where there in the store breaking everything. Sounds crazy but actually quite relieving to most people. I also seem to find burning paper soothing, just watching it burn into nothing, but I'm not a pyromaniac hehe.

Another thing you could do is one of the easiest too, LAUGHING! :D. It's one of the best medicines out there if you don't believe me, helps the immune system,increases oxygen intake and makes blood circulate more fluently around the body, and it's just makes you feel good. Watch some stand up comedy or the funny shows you use to watch when you were a kid.

*sigh*

Despressant aren't called " depressants" b/c they make you "feel" depressed. They "depress" your normal fuctions. Even though alcohol is a depressant, ppl might feel happy but it "depresses" someones natural functions (breathing, thinking, etc)

BTW this thread is becoming full of fail from every angle.

Did you not read my post or something?

By the way, cannabis isn't a depressant. I believe THC is, but there's way more than one active ingredient in weed.

About 66 actually. Cannabinoids <3

Right.

So.

THC is not a depressant, it's a reality distortional drug, or a psychoactive drug, more or less a mild hallucinogen.

The other ingredients, primarily THCV and CBD account for the narcotic stoney feeling of being high.

o.o I dunno where the "Depressant" part comes in, as it does not inhibit any bodily functions o.o

But... yeah,

tis useful stuff for depression <3

I unfortunately know a bit about depression's. I have to care for my father who is a sufferer of bipolar disorder (which isn’t a nice form of depression at all).

Well there seems to be a link between depression and anger. Both are as a result of immense distress but at the opposite extremes. If you feel you are at the stage that you cannot control your own emotions over a long period of time, its time to see a professional. If you can retain rational thought within conversations with others without overly aggressive or submissive reactions your not depressed your just down. Go for a walk, go on a short holiday if you can or vary your activities so you don’t get into a rut.

Hope this helps? If you need more advice just ask… I’m sure someone here has an experience directly or indirectly too every problem.

I unfortunately know a bit about depression's. I have to care for my father who is a sufferer of bipolar disorder (which isn’t a nice form of depression at all).

Well there seems to be a link between depression and anger. Both are as a result of immense distress but at the opposite extremes. If you feel you are at the stage that you cannot control your own emotions over a long period of time, its time to see a professional. If you can retain rational thought within conversations with others without overly aggressive or submissive reactions your not depressed your just down. Go for a walk, go on a short holiday if you can or vary your activities so you don’t get into a rut.

Hope this helps? If you need more advice just ask… I’m sure someone here has an experience directly or indirectly too every problem.

Depression's?

Right.

So.

THC is not a depressant, it's a reality distortional drug, or a psychoactive drug, more or less a mild hallucinogen.

The other ingredients, primarily THCV and CBD account for the narcotic stoney feeling of being high.

o.o I dunno where the "Depressant" part comes in, as it does not inhibit any bodily functions o.o

But... yeah,

Or smoking weed could totally backfire and you get all paranoid and shit and start to look at yourself critically. You know, because people in general do sketch out when they're high.

Or smoking weed could totally backfire and you get all paranoid and shit and start to look at yourself critically. You know, because people in general do sketch out when they're high.

I smoke almost every day, I just feel relaxed.

It depends on the person.

You know, fun part about this was I didn't really expect to have to deal with it. Last night, friend with serious OCD and anxiety had a little too much :/

There are things you can do to calm down though, and I am by no means saying weed is a cure for depression, it just helps me out in my down moods.

Also, Yalkara, <3

Right.

So.

But... yeah,

glad someone agreed with me, it's about time. Guess I'm not the only person who is aware cannabis (thc) is not a depressant

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

Cannabis slows down the central nervous system. It is a depressant. Quit being silly.

Also, cannabis and THC are not synonymous.

Cannabis being the plant, THC being the primary psychoactive agent, yes?

And as far as I can tell, THC is in a category of it's own, not necessarily a depressant or stimulant.

It doesn't specifically slow the central nervous system, it just... interferes.

Either way, the shit makes me feel good for a bit .___.

Depression's?

Sorry Mary Jane and Lopez for my slip in my grammar I meant depressions… It’s a broad subject with a wide variety of labels doctors give patents to tell them their sick. I was making a sarcastic joke about doctors but never mind.