Sign in to follow this  
projectmayhem9

Processors

Macs suck. Especially for gaming.

He has a point. Macs are majorly overpriced. I could build a Alienware for the same price thats better in every single way(Its the truth).

He has a point. Macs are majorly overpriced. I could build a Alienware for the same price thats better in every single way(Its the truth).

Quit elaborating on this idea

You're comparing apples and oranges, axes and razor blades, convertibles and vans, hookers and...

You get the idea.

A gaming pc and a mac are created for very different purposes. Macs aren't great for hard core pc games because they aren't meant for that. Steam is just now coming out with Mac support for a game that's 6 years old.

However, if I wanted to get a family member who has no interests in games a very user friendly and reliable computer for music playing, internet use, webcam chatting, movie making, etc, in some ways Macs have Windows based computers beat and may be a better option.

Saying macs suck because they can't play games is like saying Porsches suck because they can't haul dishwashers.

That's is why I went with a gaming laptop. It offers better performance, equal build quality, and is cheaper as well. One thing that I always found odd though is that on a lot Macbooks(or at least the older gen) there is literally not a single vent/exposed area for cooling on the underside.

True with desktops, but because Apple controls the entire product, Mac laptops are generally worth the premium price.

I don't see how it's worth it to pay the apple tax for any product but a handheld device where they clearly reign. You can buy a laptop with better specs for a lower price that will last longer and has a better OS than an apple laptop. Why would you not want to do this?

One thing that I always found odd though is that on a lot Macbooks(or at least the older gen) there is literally not a single vent/exposed area for cooling on the underside.

Apple values appearance over performance.

Quit elaborating on this idea

You're comparing apples and oranges, axes and razor blades, convertibles and vans, hookers and...

You get the idea.

A gaming pc and a mac are created for very different purposes. Macs aren't great for hard core pc games because they aren't meant for that. Steam is just now coming out with Mac support for a game that's 6 years old.

However, if I wanted to get a family member who has no interests in games a very user friendly and reliable computer for music playing, internet use, webcam chatting, movie making, etc, in some ways Macs have Windows based computers beat and may be a better option.

Saying macs suck because they can't play games is like saying Porsches suck because they can't haul dishwashers.

When comparing PCs to Apple products I find referring to them as motorcycles and smart cars respectively to be a pretty good analogy.

I don't see how it's worth it to pay the apple tax for any product but a handheld device where they clearly reign. You can buy a laptop with better specs for a lower price that will last longer and has a better OS than an apple laptop. Why would you not want to do this?

I prefer the more simplistic MacOS for laptops, and the build quality of Apple laptops is better than any laptop I've personally used.

As for the handheld market, I hate Apple's offerings there. There're much, much better options.

I prefer the more simplistic MacOS for laptops, and the build quality of Apple laptops is better than any laptop I've personally used.

As for the handheld market, I hate Apple's offerings there. There're much, much better options.

Ubuntu or Arch would be my choice for a laptop as they take up almost no resources to run which is great when you're as limited as you are with laptops.

What better offerings are there in the handheld market than the iPhone? I'm not talking about gaming by the way.

When I said clearly reign I meant they have the most sales in that area, especially in comparison to how much they sell against PCs. I'm sure there are better products than the iPhone but they do have decent products in this area; more so in this area than any other in my opinion.