Sign in to follow this  
Guitar Guy

RIP CSS

The thing is, most of the lag won't go away. Yes, some of the server's lag will. But the OB engine introduces new lag that most CSS players never experienced since CSS ran on a lower quality engine.

Idk what it is really, but I lag on maps that I NEVER lagged on before.

The thing is, most of the lag won't go away. Yes, some of the server's lag will. But the OB engine introduces new lag that most CSS players never experienced since CSS ran on a lower quality engine.

The OB engine was always super-broken until Valve released game specific fixes. TF2 has been updated about a million times.

Guest Fohacidal
this new update can eat my nut sack, tis stupid as george bush...

I think you are several years late to the "insulting george bush is cool" party. but thanks for playing anyway!

haha, did you make that?

Yes; it's literally the first time that my Bachelor's in English has ever come in handy.

Yes; it's literally the first time that my Bachelor's in English has ever come in handy.

haha, nicely done. Explains your uncommonly good grammar and punctuation.

unfortunately this update also caused a large number of people to quit and now our precious jb no longer has that fun feel to as it used to. We now have a bunch of changes in the atmosphere and it just doesnt feel like the jb ive come to love.

Hey, there is another update. It doesn't fix the fact that the main update broke a whole bunch of server mods but at least they are keeping on top of the obvious problems.

unfortunately this update also caused a large number of people to quit and now our precious jb no longer has that fun feel to as it used to. We now have a bunch of changes in the atmosphere and it just doesnt feel like the jb ive come to love.

This.

Hey, there is another update. It doesn't fix the fact that the main update broke a whole bunch of server mods but at least they are keeping on top of the obvious problems.

It didn't really do anything.

LETS ALL SING NOW!

"MY, MY MISS CS:S GAME, I DL'D YOUR NEW UPDATE, BUT THE UPDATE WAS LAME. THEM GOOD OLE'DAYS OF PLAYING THE GAME. NOW MY COMPUTER CRASHES WHEN I PLAY ZM. NOW MY COMPUTER CRASHES WHEN I PLAY! BRING THE BANHAMMER ON VALVE, FOR KILLING THE OLE'SOURCE, THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO, TO LET MAC PLAYERS PLAY, THIS IS THE DAY THAT VALVE IS GAY, THIS IS THE DAY THAT CS:S DIED...."

:(

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Why are the ragdolls different for some peoples games but not others? Some people in the VG server had them kneeling down and putting their hands on their head while mine was the regular 'ol spray of blood and flying bodies.

Mine has the kneeling down, when they die. sucks balls, IDK why they put it in tthere. kinda lame, takes the fun outa CS.

"LETS ALL SING LOLOLOLOOL"

At the very least they added "Very High" settings for textures Detail, motion blur, and multi-core render.

4cores anyone?

only benefits I see. but the negatives far outweigh the benefits. oh well.

The small negatives caused by the update are minimal compared to the giant improvements. Counter-Strike: Source was far overdue for an engine update. Achievements don't mean anything, neither do player stats. The most important thing about this update are all the tweaks corrected by the update to the newest engine.

I think you are several years late to the "insulting george bush is cool" party. but thanks for playing anyway!

It's still relevant!

imo the update was pretty good. CS:S was pretty damn old and needed *some* improvements. While we could do without the Achiments and Player stats, generally the good outweighs the bad. You have an Engine upgrade, higher graphical settings, all your valve multiplayer games now run on the same engine, etc. While some things got worse, I'm sure Valve will pull through for us(especially now that the player base has expanded with the Macs) to release updates that fix any new bugs that have arisen due to the update. I think the only problem with the update was a number of mods and plugins being broken.

tl;dr: Update was generally good with a few flaws

Better than some people who get a censored version of CSS or crash every time their flashlight switches on haha.