Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

The upcoming CS:S update and its impact on our servers

I figured I would inform the community on the impact of this upcoming CS:S update to our community's servers. After some testing and tweaking, I have figured out what will work/won't work. Luckily, metamod and sourcemod (as well as all sourcemod plugins) will continue to work just fine after a quick update.

• Jailbreak will continue to work fine.
  • Zombie Escape will break. The ZombieMod plugin does not work with the new update. I must switch the server over to a Zombie:Reloaded sourcemod plugin which should behave similar to zombiemod.
  • Minigame will continue to work fine.
  • Bunnyhop will continue to work fine.
  • Surf will partially break. CSSRPG will break and must be converted to SourceRPG (the old level database should be converted over so no levels are lost)
  • Deathrun should MOSTLY work (the rtd plugin may stop functioning)
  • Warcraft Source #1 and #2 will cease to function correctly. These servers will not be running until a replacement for es_tools is released. Currently es_tools does not work on the orangebox engine.
  • Zombie Mod will break. Just like ZE, I will have to switch the plugin to Zombie:Reloaded
  • Zombie Riot may or may not work. Since it is a sourcemod plugin, it should continue to work, but I cannot be certain

According to Valve, CS:S for Mac should be released this week. That means they will have to push the orange box update out to all clients. If this does happen this week, expect to see some servers break. I hope everyone will be patient with me as I try to fix everything again. Hopefully Yiyas returns soon to help with WCS (or Kai).

With CS:S being released on the Mac, we should see a great influx of kids in the jailbreak server.

ZM should be fine with the new plugin. The mechanics of the game can be tweaked to be closely similar to Zombie Mod. It really shouldn't effect the ZE/ZM server much.

Guest Waffle

So... WCS 1 and 2 will be down until a replacement comes by or will they just be broken a little bit?

Guest Waffle

Which part is correct? D:

This is why we love you klark your doing Good work :P just remember to make a Cal rotation server! (if you can and its okay with everyone) [Or just me]

This is why we love you klark your doing Good work :P just remember to make a Cal rotation server! (if you can and its okay with everyone) [Or just me]

NO GO BRO

Doesnt Valve learn from TF2 and DoD, some people will just go on servers specifically made for achievement farming. The mac update is welcomed though, no more need to boot up windows through boot camp just to play CSS.

:( to ZM being down. With JB being the only server up everybody will be going to that.

Hey man if you need any help or want another place to host your servers i have a t3 connection and i have 4 mega servers we can put the counterstrike stuff on just fyi...

Hey man if you need any help or want another place to host your servers i have a t3 connection and i have 4 mega servers we can put the counterstrike stuff on just fyi...

No Thanks.

YES we need a cal rotational server quick lol cause WCS is down :/ and JB is gonna be full forever

Is anybody else unable to join servers? Every server I click on is either passworded or says it isn't responding.

Look at the homepage and scroll down so you see the servers, if you see a green light its up and running if its red not responding/not playable just like wat klark said, you need to read lol

Hey guys I had to leave for work after I got jailbreak up. I'll get home at 9:00 CST and will continue to workon bringing our servers up. Please be patient while we do the best we can.

Sign in to follow this