Sign in to follow this  
Oreo

New Problem

Ok before you read the paragraph that follows let me just say that i have nothing against kids. Anyway over the past 2 weeks ive notice an increasing amount of 8 year olds who will come on and not read motd and then scream on there mic that there warden and end up freekilling(ex. Wolf). Im not saying we should ban these little kids. just not allow them to be ct. ive been freekilled numerous times by a ct then when a admin asks why i was killed ill hear this little squeeky voice say "i dont know". its getting annoying. If they cant abide by the motd and learn how to play ct correctly then admin should be able to kick them or restrict them instead of just watching as they continue doing it. This go's for other people to. Ive had numerous people (sargent Sweeper, nath, wolf,EvalCookiethingy Etc) come in and ask "how do i play ct?" after 5 rounds of being ct and Eval cookiethingy even argues that hes able to go into vents if someone says were in armory. Im pretty sure alot of people who always play t would be releived if something were to be done about this.

well if they are being restricted over and over, why not !ct -1 them?

It just does the restriction for 1 round and stops, we should really have a perm restrict button, or something more then 20

A permanent mute and/or a permanent restriction button will make admins way OP thus leading to more abuse. I'm pretty sure this discussion has been had before, multiple times.

Maybe a restriction up to 40/50 rounds or same for the mute would be sensible (mute for a map , or 20 rounds something like that).

I know your a good admin wind, and you wouldn't abuse these commands, but just imagine the n00b admins coming in and abusing like that.

Guest rw.Sentenced

There are no rules limiting age on a mic, as much as most people wish there were, and a permanent restrict list wouldn't be feasible. It'd be a bitch to keep updating, would end up putting a bit of strain on the server, no doubt cause abuse and wouldn't allow for the fact some people actually DO read the motd after their 20 round restrict.

tl;dr No rule against having a high voice, and the admins on jb are shit

well like lopez said it would help if admins gave 50 round restrictions or a mute for a whole map. I do have to agree that a permanent restrict or mute button would OP admins so that idea is kind of shot down.

Guest rw.Sentenced

Klark made it so restrictions cannot be longer than 20 rounds, and, you cannot MUTE a CT, how are they meant to do their job if they cant use the mic

Guest rw.Sentenced

As far as im aware. Klark fixed that

There are no rules limiting age on a mic, as much as most people wish there were, and a permanent restrict list wouldn't be feasible. It'd be a bitch to keep updating, would end up putting a bit of strain on the server, no doubt cause abuse and wouldn't allow for the fact some people actually DO read the motd after their 20 round restrict.

tl;dr No rule against having a high voice, and the admins on jb are shit

When was the last time you played with like the morning/early afternoon admins? lol

Nope, it works now, i tried it.

And as for the admins, MOST are shit, not all.

What works? i cant be fucked to try atm so if I done !ct -1 Im restricted forever till server crashes right?

It just does the restriction for 1 round and stops, we should really have a perm restrict button, or something more then 20

[sM] sG | Zachmanman [L5|VAG] restricted sG | wind.exe from being CT for -999999 rounds

Guest rw.Sentenced

I stopped playing JB. Unless 99% of the admins suddenly decided to actually do their job, its still a shit show

i have to agree with sentenced... i still play jb but most of the admins are to lazy sometimes to do shit and actually deal with the freekillers vent campers and etc. Jb is still fun though :D warden monkeh always makes it fun xD. And was the ct neap tide who played jb yesterday oracion?

i have to agree with sentenced... i still play jb but most of the admins are to lazy sometimes to do shit and actually deal with the freekillers vent campers and etc. Jb is still fun though :D warden monkeh always makes it fun xD. And was the ct neap tide who played jb yesterday oracion?

Yes

I can hide in the server until I see something excessively retarded and I have to do something about it.

Jason was the one who originally made the CT Restriction plugin, and I don't see a reason to change it. 20 rounds is enough for any normal person to learn the main ideas and rules of Jailbreak, and if an admin needs to restrict more than 20 rounds, they aren't doing their job (whatever it might be) correctly.

I can hide in the server until I see something excessively retarded and I have to do something about it.

Jason was the one who originally made the CT Restriction plugin, and I don't see a reason to change it. 20 rounds is enough for any normal person to learn the main ideas and rules of Jailbreak, and if an admin needs to restrict more than 20 rounds, they aren't doing their job (whatever it might be) correctly.

Only problem with this is that the server crashes alot therefore restrictions that may have just been issued are lifted and admins don't notice. But there's not much we can do about this.

Can ct's no longer be muted?

Also 20 round restrict is more than enough, and about the lazy admins, how about you get admin and you will see the stupid amount of whine you get aimed at you, you can only punish those you see which means alot of people get unpunished then the admin gets whined at for being shit/lazy, nothing shit/lazy about not seeing the entire server at once and seeing every rulebreaker and punishing them for it, while i agree some admins are worse than others but you also need to remember if an admin punishes wrongly after being whined at to do so the admin is the one who can get punished/lose admin for a certain time which dosn't help anyone.

yeah, although i haven't been freekilled by a little kid or maybe i have bene i dunno, I can confirm this has been happening... the warden would ask

WARDEN:"why did you freekill <insert name here>"

Little kids voice (sounds like cluster's voice) : "I don't know"

ADMIN : !ct <little kid>

... 20 rounds later....

WARDEN:"why did you freekill <insert name here>"

Little kids voice (sounds like cluster's voice) : "I don't know"

ADMIN : !ct <little kid>

also, on the side of this problem, admins could also try to resolve a problem although it probably won't get resolved. but it won't hurt trying. I get lots of thanks for doing this. sometimes it gets resolved even though i don't see it happening, but if you just talk it out with the people involved, things tend to just untangle themselves out. :D

Word of advice for the admins, if you atleast talk to the people involved, they won't say you're slacking off or anything .. (even though you wern't) but if you just talk to them and see what happened they'll atleast understand you're doing your best.

Personally, I'm all for muting CT's that have bad mics, and if they can't fix it, they have to go T cause it's unbearable. That's what happened last night with a player because EVERYTHING had reverb when he had his mic key on.

As to kids, it all depends on the circumstances. I've noticed quite a few stay quiet recently on CT, but if they aren't getting anywhere, mute them for the time until they learn how to warden better.

oracion, mutes are reset every round. but if a kid/a person with a bad mic isn't being a hassle, leave them be. we should treat all players with respect and not make a big deal about it unless they are breaking the rules.

noire, nope ;p