Sign in to follow this  
Sharkmage

Borderlands

"You can never be too rich, too beautiful, or too well armed!"

My brother got it for his birthday and I'm addicted. It's an interesting mix of old-school RPGs and the Unreal-style insane sci fi. Anybody here play online?

I have it on xbox, level 28 siren so far, I got it a week ago.

I found it to be really, really addictive. In less than ten hours of playing I got thirty levels and completed every quest through Dahl Headlands.

It's just sad that there are really only three bosses in the game worth looting, because the boss fights are so epic.

I found it to be really, really addictive. In less than ten hours of playing I got thirty levels and completed every quest through Dahl Headlands.

It's just sad that there are really only three bosses in the game worth looting, because the boss fights are so epic.

SLEDGE! P.S You guys aren't friends

Sledge is only good for his shotgun - and all the money on Pandora means nothing if Marcus won't sell you any goddamn Hyperion rifles. >.<

It turns out Moe and Marley actually drop really good loot, and so does the Rakk Hive. The one Lance commander does have a guaranteed alien rifle drop, but the Eridean guns suck really hard.

"Is shooting bullets just not cool enough for you? Get a Maliwan and light some people on fire!"

hahah, love this game. Was obsessed with it a few months ago, but after doing nearly everything multiple times, I've cooled down a bit. It's a shame that it's horribly optimized and very buggy, though. Hopefully there'll be a sequel that fixes the issues.

It turns out Moe and Marley actually drop really good loot, and so does the Rakk Hive. The one Lance commander does have a guaranteed alien rifle drop, but the Eridean guns suck really hard.

I know. I leveled up Eridian proficiency early in the game thinking it would be really useful later, but man do they suck hard. Really disappointing.

As for loot, there's a chest in the early part of the game that, for some reason, always has ~lv 20 req weapons. Great for making money in the early game.

"Is shooting bullets just not cool enough for you? Get a Maliwan and light some people on fire!"

hahah, love this game. Was obsessed with it a few months ago, but after doing nearly everything multiple times, I've cooled down a bit. It's a shame that it's horribly optimized and very buggy, though. Hopefully there'll be a sequel that fixes the issues.

I know. I leveled up Eridian proficiency early in the game thinking it would be really useful later, but man do they suck hard. Really disappointing.

As for loot, there's a chest in the early part of the game that, for some reason, always has ~lv 20 req weapons. Great for making money in the early game.

Eridian shotgun is decent if you're close. Other than that once you get high leveled if you have the real good legendary (?) weapons then they aren't so good.

Weird. I was just thinking about this game today. Got a soldier to level 50.

Alls I remember is getting a lot of my good loot from the chests in that one town.

Eridian shotgun is decent if you're close. Other than that once you get high leveled if you have the real good legendary (?) weapons then they aren't so good.

Got a purple fire Tediore shotty, purple corrosive Torgue shotty, and legendary Hyperion rifle. Can't seem to find a single rare sniper rifle though.

Maliwan Sniper rifles are wirn

The Volcano its great

along with the Orion(I forget who makes this)

Other than snipers, I only used revolvers, like the Chimera.

I have a 50 Hunter, Sniper and Gunslinger spec.

Got a purple fire Tediore shotty, purple corrosive Torgue shotty, and legendary Hyperion rifle. Can't seem to find a single rare sniper rifle though.

I got this insane orange shotgun near the end of my first game when I hadn't been using shotguns ever. Needless to say, in the last few hrs of the game I got like 11 shotgun proficiency levels because of it, haha.

Corrosive is best for later levels. Especially when the military guys (can't remember they're actual names) are introduced. Just burns through that armor. If it's on a shotgun this especially applies.

Crimson Lance, and yeah, corrosive is the best of shock and therm. Explosive is fun to have on the berserker's special, though.

Explosive is best for Hunter and Berserker, Corrosive for Siren and Soldier. Siren gets a wide enough effect radius that she doesn't need explosive, and explosive bullets on the Scorpio seem to have very little effect. The single, high damage ultimates absolutely need explosive though.

In terms of guns, fire seems to be best at the beginning, shock is better a little later, and corrosive is best starting at New Haven. Explosive bullets seem to be almost completely worthless.