Sign in to follow this  
Psycho

Communism sG?

You really don't know Psycho then.

I'm not saying they handled him correctly. What I am saying is he would have made this whole topic with or with out that convo.

Nah I wouldn't. I said I'd post the conversation with 2 of the ADVs, with their permission. I say that because they were genuinely courteous to me. They tried to help, as far as my knowledge goes, and they did. When I got into the conversation with Jason, I was surprised how fast he came at me with insults at my age. Ok, I'm 14, big fucking whoo. I wasn't running at him with 'DUDE WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BAN ME!??! YOU'RE NOT DOING YOUR JOB RIGHT!' like some people do. I tried, to the absolute best of my ability, to explain to him why I didn't think that infraction was just, and wanted a legitimate reason why is was given.

Besides the point, the infraction's been reversed. That's not what this topic is about. Its about how Staff has been handling things latetely, and things that will get you in trouble even if its not posted that you can't do that.

Also, @ Dojima, so far you've hit every nail I laid out on the head.

Don't really get the relevance.

To sum up what I am saying is that people will fight back especially on these forums. For example, while it may not be a physical fight, such things can proceed and go further such as posting things on 4chan, PIP (address or more serious things), and more along those lines. If someone gets "called out" by a person, 9 times out of 10 they are going to fight back at least on these forums. Now, this may entail them to do more harmful things not necessarily physically, but mentally. While we may get a good laugh out of some things or not, it only causes this community to suffer more.

TLl;DR I do not disagree with punishing those who troll, but I do not agree with which the way it is being dealt with.

now i know why i keep coming back... ahh the drama

what a good read :D

but seriously, It's a private server that is funded by public donations. The staff can make it's 'stupid' rules, but the donators should agree with them because they really are the ones who 'own' the servers. We lose the donations, we lose the servers. Simple as that. People's arguments about "Private server = no freedom of speech" is correct, but again, it's not a fully private server.

now i know why i keep coming back... ahh the drama

what a good read :D

but seriously, It's a private server that is funded by public donations. The staff can make it's 'stupid' rules, but the donators should agree with them because they really are the ones who 'own' the servers. We lose the donations, we lose the servers. Simple as that. People's arguments about "Private server = no freedom of speech" is correct, but again, it's not a fully private server.

That last part, by far, has made the most sense to me. Donators should AGREE to the rules since they support them. This doesn't mean that "Oh, I paid 20 bucks, I wanna be racist" But new rules institued should be in agreeance of all the community, not just the staff that keeps it in ship-shape.

On a side note, this is becoming my new sig.

sG | Jason (ajayx): none of us want to listen to you

I seem to remember a bunch of people complain to us a bunch about them there trolls.

And now that the staff cracks down on any sort of trolling to try and pull the community out of a death spiral, people get mad?

Also, Id like to think that most of our donators donate because they enjoy playing our servers and having fun with their e-freinds. Im pretty sure nobody donates towards the forums here and the forums rules. These are here for members and active community members, and since this is where most of our communications take place, this is where most arguments start. We try to control these feuds with rules and infractions so nothing gets to serious as Howard mentioned with PiP and 4Chaning and make these forums a less dramatastic.

tl;dr = Make up your minds, trolls or no trolls, as Psycho said, "There is no BOTH..."

inb4JasoniscomparedtoCC90andilaugh

............ This is ridiculous. Staff is cracking down on the wrong things, we have WAY bigger problems then someone disagreeing with you guys for taking FFa away from us. I don’t understand what the fuck you guys where thinking was going to happen? Did you think we would rejoice and dance because FFA is gone? You push more and more rules down our throat because you guys don’t know how to manage. Personally I think if staff paid this much attention to the servers as they do the forums we would have the #1 servers on CSS. How about you guys start playing CSS and cracking down on hackers/people who cause problems on the servers. And stop getting butt hurt over things you guys caused on the forums in the first place. Everything’s so ass backwards, we might as well just turn this clan into a fucking high school drama team, forget about css.

I think people enjoyed what it was said in the Guidelines. "The Staff recognize that everyone has a little troll in them."

We don't need EXCESSIVE trolling, but mild trolling should be acceptable.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

............ This is ridiculous. Staff is cracking down on the wrong things, we have WAY bigger problems then someone disagreeing with you guys for taking FFa away from us. I don’t understand what the fuck you guys where thinking was going to happen? Did you think we would rejoice and dance because FFA is gone? You push more and more rules down our throat because you guys don’t know how to manage. Personally I think if staff paid this much attention to the servers as they do the forums we would have the #1 servers on CSS. How about you guys start playing CSS and cracking down on hackers/people who cause problems on the servers. And stop getting butt hurt over things you guys caused on the forums in the first place. Everything’s so ass backwards, we might as well just turn this clan into a fucking high school drama team, forget about css.

SO MUCH THIS!

Many good points.

I can see where you come from in some ways, but a few of us DO play. I suggest you get on those that don't play as much.

FYI, we have been working on servers, if you're wondering.

haha, it's always someone else's fault.

Didn't say it was someone else's fault. Just saying if he wants to call attention to those that don't play, he should talk to those that don't play about what he feels. I know a few staff that play and we're more than happy to help out, but from what I've seen, people will bitch about hackers and stuff, but never report it/get evidence so it can be punished.

And I have my info in my sig to get to me on steam if someone needs me. Not like I'm hiding from people who want to report something.

Lmao, Jason/Mario got owned by a 14 year old in a political debate.

+rep for the ironic truth.

@ Oracion, whatever happened to your round trip through the servers? I remember when you spent 2 hours admining the ZE server, then when you got accepted to sG, you'd make 30 minute to 1 hour trips through all our servers making sure everything was OK. Now, I only see you on forums or in JB :(

Sounds like we are only allowed to voice our opinion if it isn't negative.

Well, Howard does bring a point up. I'm more than likely to actually look into something if someone comes to me maturely and asking about something, or telling me what's going on. It's kind of the same concept in JB: I really won't bother dealing with your issue if you're just going to yell and call names. If you were going to debate something at a job with your boss, you don't go up to him and start the convo with "What the fuck are you doing, you dumbshit?", you ask about it maturely and see if you can work it out.

And yes, I used RL examples, so sue me.

As to the negativity, there isn't anything wrong with constructive criticism, but it seems supposed 'fine lines' were apparently crossed for some with debating what's happened.

@Syko - Spring semester = murder. Didn't have much time to really check in but I've been doing some rounds now and then a bit more.

Junezou, you forgot something I think. Look back on your other post's, you know what must be done.

Ermm hmm.

On topic, I really do not know what this thread has become now. Is it a thread for discussion on troll's? Or a thread for Physco to complain to the community about his unjust infraction's and/or ban?

Junezou, you forgot something I think. Look back on your other post's, you know what must be done.

Ermm hmm.

On topic, I really do not know what this thread has become now. Is it a thread for discussion on troll's? Or a thread for Physco to complain to the community about his unjust infraction's and/or ban?

All I did was quote the conversation so people had a point of reference without going back to the first page. Totally on-topic.

Trolling is a particular use of commenting on blogs: commenting intended to stop the ongoing conversation or to turn it into a fight. A troll is someone who has no real desire to engage in the conversation but a considerable desire to stifle it or to make it into something troll-centered. Trolls apply several methods to achieve this, ranging from the posting of unrelated material, spam or repetitive strings of words and/or symbols to personal insults and the adoption of regular participants' identities. All types of blogs and websites can suffer from trolling, including sG. When you take away the trolls living area, you bring them into important topics. Not a good idea, I say leave them be in FFA.

Ermm hmm.

Its more about what the staff has become. And the end result, what the community's becoming. My infraction was reversed, so I'm not complaining. If I wanted to complain, this would go in the CD. We're here to debate what's going to happen to community, where it is at this point, and how staff handles overall problems.

But its what you personally make of it, don't let me create boundaries for your throughts.

@Oracion. Alright, I knew you'd have a legitimate reason ^_^

What the fuck is this shit.

Why are you guys all drama hungry.

Just play the fucking game and troll ppl respectfully.

We're not a government, we're a gaming community.

Its more about what the staff has become. And the end result, what the community's becoming. My infraction was reversed, so I'm not complaining. If I wanted to complain, this would go in the CD. We're here to debate what's going to happen to community, where it is at this point, and how staff handles overall problems.

But its what you personally make of it, don't let me create boundaries for your throughts.

@Oracion. Alright, I knew you'd have a legitimate reason ^_^

I do see.

The only real issue I have atm is the staff being a tad slower then they need to be, I.E. having a complaint thread open for about 2 week's. Or someone's recruitment thread stopped for ages becouse there is no more staff vote's available becouse the rest are AFK.

In my ex-profession (Ex-British Army) If you have to shout at someone, your not in control. If they are having to "raise" there voice too get people to do thing's, then they (Staff) are not in control of the "situation" and/or "area's" that need to be controlled.

Well when staff is banning for stating opinions against something stupid they did, then we have a problem. Maybe if staff actually asked our opinion instead of just doing things and then trying to find a reason later why, we wouldnt rage so hard.