Sign in to follow this  
Psycho

Communism sG?

Please tell me you mean 1 adv watches two servers.

We dont want 19 advisors.

that would work to but doubt it would happen

I'm sorry, why do you keep derailing and crying about this thread? Does its length directly affect you in some way I'm not aware of?

The fact we went from syko's infraction to electing 19 advisors means this thread was derailed a long time ago.

Keep up.....

I'm always willing to listen to anyone I'm willing to have a conversation with, which is pretty much anyone, so yes, I would.

Could this have been the case for Jason? could he have been drug into a conversation with someone he would not care to talk to. as it is he is busy doing all the server side shit to do a reinstall. He could have been told before hand that Psycho was comparing sG to a communist government, and had already figured his mind was made up. If I came to you and accused you of this or that. you had already heard it from someone else. would you be so willing to listen to me say it again to you?

Orc doesn't sit in vent, Yiyas doesn't sit in vent. its not like Hobo has a voice.. the fucker never talks anyway. so you can say he doesn't talk to staff in vent. there are very few people who are staff who are in vent.most of them aren't even in it long. so saying its a ventrillo thing isn't fair.

Orc was just an exception to the rule in a way because of the way he was so active in organizing the JB server. Also the way he handled himself on the forums (at least why I voted him into staff). One of the best staff imo and he came from the server! Maybe we should get more ppl that are involved with the servers and spend time playing.

Yiyas is also different because (even though he also plays on the servers and is a good server admin, never really see him on the forums aside from new for the server) we had to get someone to fill the wcs eng spot that knew what they were doing and were good at it. We had a small pick, if any really, who could do the job (serious compliment to Yiyas for being able to handle the wc server). That requires qualifications for the position, which the current forum/server staff doesn't. ex: You don't need to be a college grad, or even a high school grad to apply for staff. You don't even need to know any forum scripting knowledge or whatever.

I think community decisions are pretty much vent community made rather (currently) than forum community made. I think forum community should have a bigger voice in the way it's community is run rather than the people who use vent. I mean I know it's easier to talk about things in vent because its instantaneous, but speed =\= better in most cases. Sometimes its better to use a month process of forum discussion to (for ex) remove something like FFA to get the input and make a better informed decision. You don't have to rely on what the community voted, but say it weighs in at 50% of the voting process. So staff gets 50% and community gets 50%. This way if its 30/70% community vote and 20/80% staff vote, the final result would be 25/75% so you would go with the 75% favor. Just talking about it with the same ppl in vent doesn't mean its the best for the community. I think the community has a better idea of what that would be (as complicated and contradicting as we may be). The process would take longer but the result would be better. At least in theory...

Please tell me you mean 1 adv watches two servers.

We dont want 19 advisors.

it wouldn't be bad to have that many advisors if all they do is handle stuff with that server. Nothing to do with giving infractions or anthing. Or maybe just the complaints that are for their server. Something like that. Maybe more ppl to watch over, but at least it would have staff that is involved with the community which might make people more willing to come back if they can talk to a staff member on the server. I know for the long time I didnt use the forums but played on the servers for a long time.

it wouldn't be bad to have that many advisors if all they do is handle stuff with that server. Nothing to do with giving infractions or anthing. Or maybe just the complaints that are for their server. Something like that. Maybe more ppl to watch over, but at least it would have staff that is involved with the community which might make people more willing to come back if they can talk to a staff member on the server. I know for the long time I didnt use the forums but played on the servers for a long time.

since jb gets the most complaints have like 4 adv assign to jb to deal with only jb

1 for zombie, army guy take cares of things

1-2 mg which can also look out for bhop

1-2 for dr,surf,office

Could this have been the case for Jason?
I'm always willing to listen to anyone I'm willing to have a conversation with, which is pretty much anyone, so yes, I would.

Apparently not.

If I came to you and accused you of this or that. you had already heard it from someone else. would you be so willing to listen to me say it again to you?

HAHA of course. I find it a little crazy that you would even pose such a question. Why take stock in what others are saying about you rather than hear it from the person directly.

You all know as well as I do that there isnt that many good candidates for staff.

I would still like to see clan members being involved in some important issues, even if we don’t get a vote, we should at least be able to voice of our feelings on the matter. Then staff can vote or whatever after taking our thoughts into consideration, instead of just doing and telling us to deal with it.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHA

that is all.

i applaud the community for giving me something to laugh at.

I would still like to see clan members being involved in some important issues, even if we don’t get a vote, we should at least be able to voice of our feelings on the matter. Then staff can vote or whatever after taking our thoughts into consideration, instead of just doing and telling us to deal with it.

You can voice whatever you like, but like Howard said 9001 posts back, we appreciate it when its done maturely and with no hint of trolling, otherwise we tend not to listen.

ill still say 1-2 adv per server!

Yeah, because we need 18 advisors.

Part of the recruitment system reform is looking at bringing ROs back, at least 1 from each server. Updates will come when a final proposal gets put up for feedback from staff.

Part of the recruitment system reform is looking at bringing ROs back, at least 1 from each server. Updates will come when a final proposal gets put up for feedback from staff.

ro can also do what adv does but less

Guest Fohacidal

I call RO Captain :D

You can voice whatever you like, but like Howard said 9001 posts back, we appreciate it when its done maturely and with no hint of trolling, otherwise we tend not to listen.

Just saying it would be more benificial if there were a public community vote to see how the community feels about an issue (ex: Removal of FFA)

Staff doesn't have to make their decision soley based on the community vote, but maybe take it into consideration (much like the community = 50% of the voting power, Staff = 50% of the voting power)

That way even if the change doesn't go in our way, we can at least feel like we contributed to it a little. THe people who complain later, you can also check if they voted. If they didn't, they really have no reason to bitch.

Guest Fohacidal
RO's need to be active in servers.

I can start being active. I just want to do something with all the time I spend on the forums.

its gonna be tough getting RO for jailbreak since so many people play it

or they just pick the two more qualified active players for it...

I'd have to say already having admin should be a qualification. That way we already know they won't abuse their powers. Plus it sees how they do in a position of authority.

SO everyone should buy an admin subscription now so they can show staff how mature they are at being the authoritive figure on the server before they pick the ROs

or they just pick the two more qualified active players for it...

I'd have to say already having admin should be a qualification. That way we already know they won't abuse their powers. Plus it sees how they do in a position of authority.

SO everyone should buy an admin subscription now so they can show staff how mature they are at being the authoritive figure on the server before they pick the ROs

i dont think you you need admin to prove how mature you are

Junzou, you shouldn't be trolling these people with your lies about RO

I said it was a possibility, and that nothing was certain yet, but that it was being discussed and that's what's on the table for discussion right now. They're only setting themselves up for disappointment if they want to read more into that than I actually said.