Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fohacidal

19th Birthday

Guest Fohacidal

What should I get for it? Nothing too crazy, Im thinking the Logitech G35 to compliment my g9 and g19 but eh. Im suffering a lack of imagination right now.

What should I get for it? Nothing too crazy, Im thinking the Logitech G35 to compliment my g9 and g19 but eh. Im suffering a lack of imagination right now.

I have that exact setup, I have to say, it's pretty awesome.

Guest Fohacidal
Yo foh when is yo birthday

J00n sekawnd

also just bought a mousepad off of razers website. I like how they even have more options then stores at cheaper prices, like Iv never seen that before

Guest Fohacidal
you should get yourself laid or something. honduran hookers can't be too pricey.

They are also ugly too

S&W M&P15

Not exactly the easiest thing to get here. I dont have that WIDE of a variety to pick from

Just don't join vent w/ the 7.1 enabled.....

Other than that the G35 is win.

Guest Fohacidal

or maybe configure their sound correctly, I dont know chosen you are kinda blek

Happy Early! Just turned 19 myself :)

Stop giving advice. Razer is terrible for sound instruments and cards.

rc127.jpg

Truth. Logitech has been pretty well known for it's audio, so you can't go wrong there (usually...) esp. if you like Logitech stuff in general xD

Some other options:

Notes: There are a few major competitors in the headset market, all equally popular in their own circles and esp. in the gaming community. So always keep that in mind when people tell you a certain brand is the best. I'm just going to try and be objective :)

• Steelseries - Originally known for their awesome "gaming surfaces (AKA mousepads), SS is now on top of the audio scene, ousting Turtle beach and Creative from their spots in the professional gaming industry. Having not worn them myself, I can't give you a personal idea as to the quality, but I have/had teammates who use them, and have heard some good things, and they look like solid headsets. The link I have attached here doesn't actually show their whole product line-up I don't think, so if you look on Newegg or similar, you can find their stuff, and you'll see once again they rival the G35 and others in ratings. I see Steelseries as the "new" headset guys, the sort of in-vogue thing right now, but having not worn them myself, I can't give you a personal critique.
  • Sennheiser - Sennheiser has been around the block, and is a professional audio giant. It's only been breaking into the gaming bloc recently, and has made some pretty drastic improvements in its headset generations. Currently it's flagship is the PC 350, and having actually tried them, I know they're a great headset. They do seem like a large headset to pack all that sound, so if you're worried about weight, keep that in mind, otherwise, they get as good if not better reviews than the Steelseries and G35s these days...with Sennheiser you can almost ALWAYS count on the sound quality being better, you just need to watch out for device integrity or design (size, in this case).
  • Tritton (omgwtfbbq? this is where I get a bit biased) - Yeah, never heard of them? Neither had I. Until a teammate of mine in CoD4 started swearing up and down that they were better than his Creatives, SSs, and Logitechs by MILES (WARNING: not a real sound measurement). So when I replaced my sennheisers, instead of the 350s I went with the Tritton AX 51 Pro. Good and Bad decision. At first I was blown away. 4 speakers in each ear + subs. It was real surround sound, took a long time to get used to however. The sound quality is really good after fidgeting with some sound settings and getting the individual speaker volumes correct. The mic was whatever, it worked, no complaints. Then shit hit the fan. MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT: Cord is way too long. The cord started splitting open, exposing the individual wires inside (no worries, they're all separately coated too). Secondly the mic broke (I think that was my fault, but...). So with the cord, I'm still using the headset today, over a year later. Works fine, but I'm just worked that one day, one of these wires is going to crimp and get cut or something. It's not a big deal, there black cord just has slits where those inner, coated wires are exposed. As for the microphone, I think that rotating it alot causes the little plastic piece that holds it in to snap (it's a removable microphone), either that, or I just didn't handle it very carefully :rolleyes: either way, it's an alternative, and there are two new models out - the 720 and the 180. I would suggest looking at the 720 or the AX Pro (the one I should have gotten), as they look the most sturdy/best, though they still have long-ass cords.

Sorry for the long spiel, hope you read it all, and hope I was some help xD. The G35s are great, but if you want other options, there some are :)

NOTE: Haven't touched Turtle Beach or Creative in a long time, but you could always check them out as well, I just don't know enough about them to review :)

Sorry for double Post, I thought it would merge :L

More like the waste-of-money-don. Jesus that's pricey for a relatively no-name brand in the world of audiophile products like Razer. Plus, I'd never buy a headset that was advertised as 5/7.1, but that's just me.

Sennheiser, Logitech, Turtle Beach and Creative are decent brands.

Razer, Steelseries, Triton, and a few others I wouldn't recommend.

Just my opinion though.

I'm actually thinking about replacing my Turtlebeach HPA2 headset with this.

HPA2 is amazing; just outdated mic and one of the little prongs in the headset's separating cord broke off so sound isn't as pronounced or accurate in the right ear.

I'm actually thinking about replacing my Turtlebeach HPA2 headset with this.

HPA2 is amazing; just outdated mic and one of the little prongs in the headset's separating cord broke off so sound isn't as pronounced or accurate in the right ear.

Dam you really going to spend that much money on a headset. Lol. I just bought my logitech headset for just 60$. I don't think is a reason to spend more than 100$ on a headset.