Sign in to follow this  
Velo

Kicked by VAC

Hey guys, im upgrading the hard drive on the desktop. i accidently wiped my steamapps folder. i will be spending a day downloading everything again.

so while i wait, i play JB on the laptop (IBM T43P). about every 5 minutes (or less) i get kicked for no reason by VAC. it says i cant connect to the VAC server or something along the lines of that. ive tried stopping all non-esential processes besides steam and HL2, and disabling my antivirus. (norton 2005 OEM until it runs out) still does it to me. i have no connection issues.

any ideas appreciated.

Guest Horny©at

go to your cstrike folder and delete you clientregistry.blob file

Why would blob put a file in my cstrike folder. lol il reply what happens.

EDIT: did not work..

Get the exact error and search it on the Steam Powered website.

I remember getting an invalid STEAM ID or something like that and all i had to do was delete a file or something.

We cant help you when your not giving the proper error

lol it doesnt have an exact error. it says that steam cant connect to the vac servers, and the dialogue has a link to steam's support center, which isnt worth shit. (Please disable external anti-cheat software, firewalls, and end all other programs which did not work.) and nothing was said about my id.

lol it doesnt have an exact error. it says that steam cant connect to the vac servers, and the dialogue has a link to steam's support center, which isnt worth shit. (Please disable external anti-cheat software, firewalls, and end all other programs which did not work.) and nothing was said about my id.

Go to Steamapps, delete the counter-strike source folder and then try running CSS. Back up your saved maps/models/materials/sounds first, if you want.

If it's still broken, then do a clean install of Steam.

Go to Steamapps, delete the counter-strike source folder and then try running CSS. Back up your saved maps/models/materials/sounds first, if you want.

If it's still broken, then do a clean install of Steam.

So meaning that you just uninstall Steam and all of css. Than re download?

So meaning that you just uninstall Steam and all of css. Than re download?

Nah, the first one just deletes the local copy of the CSS client files, and Steam has to recopy the stock versions from the GCF.