Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

Minecraft

Anyone else play it?

http://minecraft.net/

It's a sweet creative/building/survival game. You can play the normal single player build mode and just build things with blocks. If you register, you can do multiplayer build games which are fun too. Some people have built some sweet shit.

The newest thing the creator is working on is survival mode. Basically, it's the build mode with monsters, crafting, and items. I have been messing around with it and it is fun as hell. (Btw, the development build, aka survival mode, is only available to those who purchased the game. It's only 13$ right now, and well worth the price.)

Discuss your thoughts.

This game is amazingly addictive. I had a giant castle and a completely symmetrical mine at one point (I'm OCD) but I'm not sure what happened to the map file.

The indev mode's definitely the most fun.

What I usually do when I'm playing is Skype my other friends who have it and talk about what we're doing in indev mode while we pine away for the day when it becomes multiplayer (indev mode, I mean).