Sign in to follow this  
NateDog

Admin Skins.

The servers that allow skins, (ZE,ZM, etc.), need more skins. Personally, a Ranger skin and Umbrella RE skin just isn't cuttin' it. More skins are needed. They don't even really make you look a lot different. Maybe the thread by Skotti in the ZM sub-forum should be looked at. Those skins are cool as shit. Cartoon skins, I mean come on. After seeing that, I posted this. It REALLY makes me hyper thinking that we COULD have those skins, but we don't.

Think about it?

Thanks,

NateDog

How hard is it to implement skins anyways?

Do they come in a file format which you simply upload to the server?

Maybe all the skin files that I download from other servers can be uploaded? Is that how it works?

It has more to do with download times than complexity.

People don't want to sit and download multiple skins, sounds, and all that other garbage just to play on a server.

Good ones do. At least the ones that I have seen from Skotti's thread cost money. You can get those skis from somewhere else though. Good ones do cost money though. If not, then guess we're in luck =]

Guest Horny©at

People don't want to sit and download multiple skins, sounds, and all that other garbage just to play on a server.

Skins don't erase every time you quit css. Once you download them, there is no need to download them again. Everyone has the notion that having ten skins on the server will increase loading time dramatically and people will quit. Let's think realistically, at most someone would wait 1 minute downloading the skins for the first time, every time after would be at most 20 seconds.

If downloading skins really does increase the loading time by an 4 minutes then I understand, but unless we try new skins out, we will never know how long these loading times are.

I'm 100% sure people would wait a measly 10-15 seconds just to have skins. It's bearable and I doubt regulars and new people would leave our server just because the load time is 35 seconds and not 20 seconds.

Plus, there is the added affect of fun factor. People will enjoy these servers with models more and you might get people to buy admin because of all these goodies.

If i could have some badass batman skin with a cape that has physics, i would buy admin in a heart beat.

Or something fucking amazing.

Guest Horny©at
HAHA why do people get so pumped over skins hahaha. I don't get it at all.

Because when you see pedobear chasing you in ZM, you can't help it and just burst out laughing. This is why we are pumped, because skins ENHANCE your playing and makes it more enjoyable for people. It can be applied to anything.

Because when you see pedobear chasing you in ZM, you can't help it and just burst out laughing. This is why we are pumped, because skins ENHANCE your playing and makes it more enjoyable for people. It can be applied to anything.

haha, if I saw that, I'd want to immediately leave the server. Win/win all around?

I say.

Leave skin's to custom race's on the WCS server's. Custom JB skin's (allready got) and custom zombie skin's (ZOMBIE not fucking pedobear) and that should be all we need.

We have a good amount of regulars on jailbreak and ZE, so any additional download times wouldn't be much a discouragement.

Skins was one of the motivating factors for me purchasing admin, but that one marine skin is getting quite tiring.

If we had a good number of skins that had some creativity and hilarity, who knows how much fun we could have in the server.

Especially in jailbreak...imagine if we had some unique prisoner skins.

As stated before.

For some unknown reason, we cannot replace the skin's on JB. Jason's skin's he put on there overwrite all of them for no apparent reason. Look around and you'll see thread's about it before.

It's not the regulars I'm worried about.

I know I've hit cancel more times than I can count after watching retarded stuff download. After 45 seconds of garbage, I wouldn't care if Jesus himself was playing in the server.

Find some skins of FPSBanana, and check out what the size is. Times that by the total skins on the server and add in the maps and sounds. Not everyone has lightning fast internet.

People join to play a game, not look at pretty skins. First impressions are everything, and minutes of downloading stupid shit does not impress coinstar.

this. hate having sitting there to download stuff

Sign in to follow this