Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog

I need a truck.

I need a truck for when I go to school in the fall.

What do you guys think I should get, must be 4x4, only 2 doors (extended cap is fine), v6-v8, NO foreign shit.

I would like a Dodge like this one, http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1693028041.html

And don't freak out at the miles noobs.

Okay, discuss!!

I love the looks of Dodges, and their diesels, but I'd be weary of anything from around 95-02, their transmissions were crap, and supposedly go out around 120k. Have had alot of friends with problems. I don't know if that's just Ram's, or Dakota's too.

I would look at an 94-98 Silverado, you can get great prices on them, and they are pretty reliable.

I got a '77 Chevy Silverado, 1/2 ton, K10. only a little over 80K miles and a 400 small block with a four barrel carb. I recomend you get a chevy, my dad owns a body shop so I've been around cars/trucks/motorcycles all my life. In my opinion you should go with a semi-older Chevy, or GMC. But it all depends on your cash flow.

I love the looks of Dodges, and their diesels, but I'd be weary of anything from around 95-02, their transmissions were crap, and supposedly go out around 120k. Have had alot of friends with problems. I don't know if that's just Ram's, or Dakota's too.

I would look at an 94-98 Silverado, you can get great prices on them, and they are pretty reliable.

I agree completely with this post.

Contract, you know how many times ford has recalled shit...

I don't like Ford you dumbass, and they have never recalled for a WHOLE ENGINE. To me, that's a pretty big problem, especially after it won truck of the year.

Recalling a whole engine, and sudden acceleration (Mainly the fact that Toyota swept it under the rug and refused that it was their fault, and now are acting like it never happened) is keeping me from ever buying a Toyota.