Sign in to follow this  
FlammingPanda

"Race to the top" is more like bullshit at the top.

As anyone who might update themselves on the news,there is some plan Obama made that would lower a teachers salary even more. Each sate has a state test,in Florida its the Fcat and what Obama is doing is that half of a teachers salary depends on the students preformance,Florida is in like the top 40 states out of the 50 states in America,school-wise. So if your in an F school your basically losing half your salary if your a Teacher. So the teachers are gonna move to like one of the top 10 states in schools and leave us with shitty teachers. Meaning the schools get less funds for being shitty at the state test due to shitty teachers and then the students are going to end up working at a Mcdonalds for having a bad education. Is it just me or does Mcain sound more of a better president right about now.

Guest Fohacidal

Or maybe it will give lazy teachers better incentive to stop being lazy. I dont know thats just me

There will always be good and bad teachers, some pricks and some nice. Obama must be high off of all that kool-aid and KFC because the teacher isn't the one who is getting shitty grades, it's the student. Yes, a teacher can suck at teaching, but he or she is not the one taking the tests...

This is a mod to the "no child left behind"

NCLB is student performance = school funding

Obama Plan is student performance = teacher salary

He's not trying to cut teacher's salaries

I support his plan b/c he's BLEK....

Nice right wing spin btw

I see a lot of problems that could arise.

Your telling me the teacher in Harlem should be paid less than the Teacher at a prestigious school? The one at Harlem most likely has to work harder, and has more students that don't care, where as the other would most likely have motivated 4.0 students.

Also like said before, I can foresee some teachers easing up on classes.