Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Complaints

All complaints must have some back to them.

If a complaint has been resolved, and you feel the ruling was unfair, you can argue the ruling in "Private Messages to Staff" forum.

Failure to do this will result in a ban.

I believe the script bans such as physics_budget should be a 2 hour ban or a day ban instead of a perm ban. To me it seems a bit harsh.

You do know its a permanent ban because is causes the server to crash in the first place right?

No, it doesn't. I'm sick of people saying it crashes the server. The only thing it does is freezes props. Even if you spam that command, it only hurts a MG server because it freezes all props. It doesn't even slow it down. I'm surprised other commands aren't blocked though, because they could easily be used to crash the server. But physics_budget (even if you write a script to spam the command 20,000 times) Doesn't crash the server.

No, it doesn't. I'm sick of people saying it crashes the server. The only thing it does is freezes props. Even if you spam that command, it only hurts a MG server because it freezes all props. It doesn't even slow it down. I'm surprised other commands aren't blocked though, because they could easily be used to crash the server. But physics_budget (even if you write a script to spam the command 20,000 times) Doesn't crash the server.

So it crashes the server?

Jk.

But it still fucks with the server, and then the server needs a r/s, and we lose all the players. In the end it does the same thing as crashing the server.

So it crashes the server?

Jk.

But it still fucks with the server, and then the server needs a r/s, and we lose all the players. In the end it does the same thing as crashing the server.

I'm also sick of people talking when they don't know what they're talking about.

A round restart fixes all frozen props. There is absolutely no need to restart the server when someone types physics_budget. And it doesn't crash the server, no matter how many times you want to type the command.

I'm also sick of people talking when they don't know what they're talking about.

A round restart fixes all frozen props. There is absolutely no need to restart the server when someone types physics_budget. And it doesn't crash the server, no matter how many times you want to type the command.

However, people can profit from this command. In such a MG map, the one w/ the cannons and the toppling towers, using physics_budget can prevent you from ever getting hit by said cannons. Hilarity ensued. In all seriousness, I don't think the command physics_budget warrants a permanent ban. If the ban length could be changed that would solve all the problems in the world.

However, people can profit from this command. In such a MG map, the one w/ the cannons and the toppling towers, using physics_budget can prevent you from ever getting hit by said cannons. Hilarity ensued. In all seriousness, I don't think the command physics_budget warrants a permanent ban. If the ban length could be changed that would solve all the problems in the world.

It provides an advantage in the game. Thats the only thing it does. I don't even think you should be banned for it - There are ways to disable to command from doing anything at all. You can type it as much as you want, but it would do nothing. It'd also take a load of crap off the Staff's shoulders. I know they've unbanned quite a few for typing that command.

Sign in to follow this