Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Halo 3

So, apparently Halo 3 came out today. I was too blitzed about TF2 to notice at first, but after playing it a bit, I'm really not all that impressed. For me it seems exactly like Halo 2 with fancy new graphics, some new toys to tinker with, and (a sarcastic omg) a new camera. The story mode, while sufficiently summing up the other two, seemed, yet again, completely tacked on, just like it did in Halo 2, and they pretty much abandoned half of Halo 2's story line with the Elites and the whole religious jihad thing. The arbiter just follows you around now getting killed like every 10 seconds. Multiplayer does look pretty sweet, though; but I still think good ol' Counter-Strike whoops its ass (omg dual wielding, totally revolutionary, not...) and with TF2 coming out, I don't think I'll play it again once I get completely through the story mode. The problem I think will be the new Forge map editor, sure its a novel concept on paper, but what's keeping the complete assholes (and they'res a lot of them on consoles) from moving all the spawn points into the enemy base so you get spawn raped, or giving the enemy team tons of good weapons? Discuss (and no hating on the console jockeys, or at least not too much)

Guest Silent Assassin

OMGzors! As soon as I get home from collage tomorrow I am going to buy it!!! WOOT!

i got halo 3 on thursday it was cool on some parts and retarted on others

the flood are bigger and meaner

brutes are easy or at least when i played it (normal difficulty)

the new features are cool and forge can only edit/customize maps not make them

MAJOR SPOILER also some events are left out

first mission in a rain forrest the major finds you (black guy sry 4got name)then u fight through the forest to a base occupied by covenant kill em all you win who hoo now on to the better stuff the grunts can suicide bomb yes they actually can lol they take out 2 plasma nades and run towards you they still are cowards tho when they

when the big thing on earth activtes truth goes through a portal "with his fleet of ships" moments l8er a ship from hyper space a flood occupied covent ship lands around new mombossa or what ever the hell its called then you have to neutilize the flood you end up finding a recording of cortana and the mast chief and arbirter go though the portal opend by the big ass artifact battle covenant -------------------------------------- then you have to take out 2 scarabs good thing is you have 2 airsupport vehicles i forgot what they are called but they shoot missels and it isnt the pelicans

after that truth tries to force johnson to activate the halo ring your on (the portal went to a new halo) but commander keys comes and tries to rescue him but ends up being killed (shot in the back by a brute spiker) then truth forces johnson to activate the countdown then you get through about halfway flood come (i forgot to mention that flood come from high charity it crashes on the halo after exiting hyper space or what ever but this time they HELP you stop truth you dont actually battle him the flood kill him before you even get near him then gravemind turns against you and you have to get out of there then you got to some place snowie and have to find the replacement for the halo you Blew up in the first halo once you battle a horde of flood (seriusly theres like a million)you get to the control room the 343 guilty spark guy gives johnson a fatal wound once he found out that he was going to fire the new halo at the flood infected halo cause it wasnt all the way ready and would be destroyed if it wasnt ready then he lasers M C 2 times then the arbirter then you battle him he is the most retarted boss or at least when i battels him i just took johnsons sparten lazer he was still alive then the retarted floating ball was sitting there and i shoy at him 3-4 times killing him with the lazer then johnson dies and the halo fires at the flood infected one then teh long journy killing more floods then once you have to drive for fucking ever killing flod and setinels it has a sort of time limit after a while the halo falls apart and the road u drive on collapses not all at once tho like one row at a time except it isnt constantly breaking altho there is explosions after you get to a unsc friget you take off the arbirter drives and the master chief is behind something and apparnly dies dont ask me how he just dies it didnt show me anything he just died somehow but not rly he drifts off to a distant planet in a cryostaisis mabober in an unknown expanse of time then the flood menace is destroyed and the covenant are driven away from earth by the elites then this is kind of funny the credits role and it say thanks for participating and aid our mission of taking over the world lol

holy shit that is huge

and another funny thing was around the 2nd 3rd misson a guy wanted ammo and went to bunkr that had ammo i guess and said "1open i need ammo 2whats the password 1what? what password? 2you have to tell me the password 1what why 2how do i know you arnt a brute 1WHAT!?!? do i sound like a brute 2you can be held hostage by a brute and be forced to try to get me open the door 2im not letting you in 1if i was held hostge by a brute he would make me tell you the the password then kill us both 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im definatly not letting you in now 1come on i need ammo

the guy outside is #1 and the guy in the bunker is #2

its funny lol

oh and there is a flamethrower but its like carrying the gattling gun or covenant turret and there is fire nades

Guest some fag
it's cool how they give a lot of options to play with your buds. better than Gears that's what I have to say

Gears rapes Halo 3 a new pussy.

Though the ending was pretty epic, I just wish they would give more closure. I mean JESUS! After reading the books this type of ending really sucks when you're into the story. Oh, and the last mission- fucking awesome.

All in all though, I will definitely still be playing Gears.

EDIT:

This is what pisses me off...

At the end of the game, all you see is the Arbiter get off the ship... Well, when the ring exploded, the ship was severed in half, and with the arbiter in the cockpit and MC in the hanger, MC is stranded out there. Blah blah blah, they have a memorial service for all those who died and were lost in the war (kinda' made me sad when the Major and Miranda died). Afterwards the Arbiter gets on a Covenant ship and heads home. After that it shows the number "117" carved into the metal on the broken tail fin of a Pelican. After the credits, MC is apparently stranded on the frigate you escaped on. Hes in the dark with Cortana, just lookin' 'round. Cortana explains, and he goes to sleep saying "wake me when you need me." The thing is, Cortana said she set a beacon to be rescued, but maybe not for a few years... I feel a hint towards another game. Either way, kind of sad that MC didn't make it back- "all that for nothin'" kind of feeling.

Jeese aloo Blue, use sentences, but yeah, I got the same feeling as Zeus. Not that great of an ending, and the books were, for the most part, fantastic. I hate it when games/movies end really shitty by just setting up the next in the series (Halo2, 28 Weeks Later).

HA! Online play for Halo is better than ANY online game (Including CS:S) Also Gears of War, great game, but WAY to short. And for that reason Halo Is Better

Gears rapes Halo 3 a new pussy.

Though the ending was pretty epic, I just wish they would give more closure. I mean JESUS! After reading the books this type of ending really sucks when you're into the story. Oh, and the last mission- fucking awesome.

All in all though, I will definitely still be playing Gears.

EDIT:

This is what pisses me off...

At the end of the game, all you see is the Arbiter get off the ship... Well, when the ring exploded, the ship was severed in half, and with the arbiter in the cockpit and MC in the hanger, MC is stranded out there. Blah blah blah, they have a memorial service for all those who died and were lost in the war (kinda' made me sad when the Major and Miranda died). Afterwards the Arbiter gets on a Covenant ship and heads home. After that it shows the number "117" carved into the metal on the broken tail fin of a Pelican. After the credits, MC is apparently stranded on the frigate you escaped on. Hes in the dark with Cortana, just lookin' 'round. Cortana explains, and he goes to sleep saying "wake me when you need me." The thing is, Cortana said she set a beacon to be rescued, but maybe not for a few years... I feel a hint towards another game. Either way, kind of sad that MC didn't make it back- "all that for nothin'" kind of feeling.

I haven't even beat Halo 2 yet. I don't really like console games very much anymore, and I haven't really been that interested after Halo 1 but I will say this. Do you actually think that Bungie is stupid enough to end the Halo series? They will not end it, at least for a while. As long as they continue to make assloads of money, they will continue making games. Money is the main motivation for software developers. This is why Max Payne 3 hasn't been made yet(really pisses me off). Max Payne 2 didn't do as well as they thought it would.

I haven't even beat Halo 2 yet. I don't really like console games very much anymore, and I haven't really been that interested after Halo 1 but I will say this. Do you actually think that Bungie is stupid enough to end the Halo series? They will not end it, at least for a while. As long as they continue to make assloads of money, they will continue making games. Money is the main motivation for software developers. This is why Max Payne 3 hasn't been made yet(really pisses me off). Max Payne 2 didn't do as well as they thought it would.

I loved Max Payne! :blink:

HA! Online play for Halo is better than ANY online game (Including CS:S) Also Gears of War, great game, but WAY to short. And for that reason Halo Is Better

1. You are dumb because Halo 3 is extremely short as well. As short as 6 hours so don't say gears is short.

2. If you think Halo's multiplayer, which is judged by who gets the best weapon first basically, is better than CS:S, you should stop playing PC games all together.

Guest some fag
1. You are dumb because Halo 3 is extremely short as well. As short as 6 hours so don't say gears is short.

2. If you think Halo's multiplayer, which is judged by who gets the best weapon first basically, is better than CS:S, you should stop playing PC games all together.

If you play on Legendary and go at a decent pace, it will take you 2 days or so to beat. If you play co-op you can beat it in one night.

Halo's multiplayer is fun. I won't lie, but there are better games out there (Unreal Tournament 2004 and soon, 3, for example). The online play just isn't the best it can be.

Halo multiplayer is overhyped. If it were a pc game, it honestly wouldn't be all that great. The only reason its so great is cause multiplayer sucks hard on consoles, and Halo managed to make it not that bad.

umm did you play on easy? it takes 6 hours on easy or normal while in some articles it takes 12 hours on hard and legendary.

Halo 3 has a better multiplayer that his very advanced, but then again don't fucking compare a console based game to a pc game they have completely different concepts and programming terms. But in the end I would say halo 3 is the top of the game at the moment.

Also if you thought bungie would be stupid enough too stop halo 3 you are wrong. Halo 3 before it went on market, it sold 1 million pre-order copies and I heard it sold $170 million in a day (sorry I might be wrong) so no the halo crew won't give up until halo becomes so overrated tha people are burning it in the streets.

Guest some fag
Zeus Halo 3 can be beaten in a day.

I'm not denying that- if you play on easy. If you're playing Legendary by yourself then its 2-3 days easy.

If you want halo 3 to last, try starting it out on legendary like I did (Im serious I did) and then fucking up on the new controls and that causes a bunch of shit to go wrong because you put your bubble shield in the wrong spot lol.

It actully is a preaty fun game to say the least. Im a big halo fan and ive read the books and im looking forward to the new book this october which is like about SGT. Johnson and how he got off the ring and stuff. Then theres supposed to be the last book after that.

Guest some fag
bf1942 beats everyone

Actually, it kinda' sucks compared to Halo.

Well I know 2 people who stayed up all night playing it came to school next day and they had already beaten it. One was retarded enough to buy the Super omg DELUXE edition of gaylo 3. The whole 360 Halo with controler the helmet. My friend got on xfire yesterday and he was all like "OMG DOOD U SHULD TOTALLY GIT HAYLO3 IT'S THE BESTEST GAME EVAR!!"

That really wasn't how he said it but when I said I hated Halo that's pretty much how I can sum up everything that went on in the convo. He also said he would take a 360 over a Ps2 with every game anyday. So yeah he's retarded.

Hmm.. I wasn't too hyped about this either. Not having a 360 added to it, but who console games anymore?( :P ) H2 was a let down, boring, short, nothing out of the ordinary except another piece to the story. H3.. oh jeez. Do we have another pile of garbage on our hands? I'd rather play Queers of War again. I hate how they also toned down the difficulties. The legendary is now like beating it on normal. Easy - The game plays itself, lol. If you aren't into it, just watch the ending on youtube, there's a couple of really good quality ones out there, even before the game was officially released. Thank you sneaky bastards.