Sign in to follow this  
blob

No Detours/No Delays

It is my understanding that you only need to say 'no detours, no delays' (hereafter referred to as D&D) when giving a move command (as its only listed/mentioned in move commands in MOTD)

So if I started a rousing game of simon says and "simon says Jump", and you don't jump in 5 sec, I can kill you.

Even if it was reverse, same applies, or even direct order. Otherwise its pretty silly to say no D&D for every command.

When "FREEZE! NO DETOURS NO DELAYS" comes into play, thats just silly.

Ramble on.

I kinda agree on this, but everyone is now used to warden NEEDING to say no D&D after everything, so it will be hard to switch it...

Have them say something like, "for every command that I give, if you do not proceed to do it 2 seconds after I issued the command, you will be killed."

Have them say something like, "for every command that I give, if you do not proceed to do it 2 seconds after I issued the command, you will be killed."

You have to give them 5 seconds.

Also, yeah the rules say you may execute a terrorist who doesnt follow a movement command as long as you said no detours or delays.

How did this no detours and delays thing even get started? I think it's pretty silly that only that terminology is accepted. No one uses like, do such and such immediately or any other type of language. I just think it's funny that no detours and delays is ubiquitous on JB servs.

i have always thought this command was dumb. when somebody doesn't do something ... enforce a punishment. for example, "go to the box room, (now!)" and when they don't because they think you need to say no detours no delays ... they need to be shot.

i have always thought this command was dumb. when somebody doesn't do something ... enforce a punishment. for example, "go to the box room, (now!)" and when they don't because they think you need to say no detours no delays ... they need to be shot.

This would make it easier to control, but less fun as a terrorist to fuck with the warden, which is 50% of the fun.

This would make it easier to control, but less fun as a terrorist to fuck with the warden, which is 50% of the fun.

This. If I can't fuck around and make the warden/CT's think, I wouldn't play.

Also, if it's SS, I really don't see any need to say no D&D myself. It's Simon fucking Says. If you don't do it, you get shot.

This. If I can't fuck around and make the warden/CT's think, I wouldn't play.

Also, if it's SS, I really don't see any need to say no D&D myself. It's Simon fucking Says. If you don't do it, you get shot.

Exactly, you shouldnt have to say it, if they complain "You didnt say simon says no detours or delays", then you can just be like, "Simon didnt say TO detour or delay either"

Exactly, you shouldnt have to say it, if they complain "You didnt say simon says no detours or delays", then you can just be like, "Simon didnt say TO detour or delay either"

Followed by a swift headshot.

lol. original rules when JB came out (when the first set of rules I mean) was that you would have to say no D&D on everything.

that's the mindset I have when I play JB.

lol. original rules when JB came out (when the first set of rules I mean) was that you would have to say no D&D on everything.

that's the mindset I have when I play JB.

but...I have a level 12 druid!

stupid Jailbreak...

The issue is not whether you HAVE to say it, but more the reaction. Ts look for any instance of FKing these days, and uppity admins like myself are more trigger happy with the slay than ever before.

Moral of this story?

-Say no D&D

-Choose a polar bear animal companion

/thread.