Sign in to follow this  
EQUAL_IBRIUM

Bell Canada fail ?

Travel abroad with ease using your Bell mobile phone or smartphone. With coverage in over 200 countries including over 175 countries for data, you are able to stay connected overseas without having to worry about changing phones or phone numbers.

Last time i check there we're 195 countries ....

Source : http://mobilebusiness.bell.ca/en/Common/Coverage-travel/International-travel_Page_774.aspx

hahaha, preempted 100 years ago. Next time use a more authoritative source instead of the first link Google provides you with. Also try reading something that wasn't written 8 months ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1

Preempted 100 years ago? Where the fuck do you see that ?

And you know, wikipedia is such a good source compared to google .

Also please read what you post ...

ISO 3166-1 is part of the ISO 3166 standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and defines codes for the names of countries, dependent territories, and special areas of geographical interest.

ISO 3166-1 is not a list of countries, it's countries, dependent territories and "special areas of geographical interest" ... dumbass .

hahaha, I mean that I preempted that you'd show that link 100 years ago. And as far as you need to be concerned, dependent territories and special areas blah blah are countries.

Let me also direct you to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_countries_on_earth.

A country or territory is a geographical area, both in the sense of nation (a cultural entity) and state (a political entity).[1]

Nowhere on the page will you find a list that's less than 200. Sorry. :(

hahaha, I mean that I preempted that you'd show that link 100 years ago. And as far as you need to be concerned, dependent territories and special areas blah blah are countries.

Let me also direct you to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_countries_on_earth.

Nowhere on the page will you find a list that's less than 200. Sorry. :(

You're quote proved me right bud, thanks . They're not using "or" to say that a country can be called a territory ... Nor are they saying that they are "Special geographical areas", again read what you post ... it says geographical area not special geographical area .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states, i highly suggest you real the first and second part and read the words CAREFULLY . The first 193 are known and widely recognized sovereign states while the other 10 claim to have sovereignty .

LOL, so you don't consider Taiwan a country? Racist.

The short lists are compiled by places with political agendas, aka China not wanting the international community to recognize Taiwan as another country. I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that countries recognized by the Olympics are actual countries. This filters out non countries like Antarctica. Even that list contains 205 countries.

In short, it's equivocal no doubt, but the vast majority of lists show that there are over 200 countries. Canadians, being the neutral people that they are, choose to acknowledge this truth. ...well, most Canadians.

LOL, so you don't consider Taiwan a country? Racist.

The short lists are compiled by places with political agendas, aka China not wanting the international community to recognize Taiwan as another country. I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that countries recognized by the Olympics are actual countries. This filters out non countries like Antarctica. Even that list contains 205 countries.

In short, it's equivocal no doubt, but the vast majority of lists show that there are over 200 countries. Canadians, being the neutral people that they are, choose to acknowledge this truth. ...well, most Canadians.

Majority ? Where's this majority ?

And again, can you read ?

This annex lists states that claim sovereignty and have control over (part of) their claimed territories, but due to disputes over their legitimacy, do not have normal diplomatic relations with the majority of sovereign states. None of the states in this annex list are UN member states. Entities considered to be micronations are not included.

Their legitimacy has yet to be proven .

Oh and how the fuck does the Olympics have anything to do with making a country official ? Last time i checked it was a competition ...

Canadians, being the neutral people that they are, choose to acknowledge this truth. ...well, most Canadians.

You know Canadians are sooo neutral . Siding with the terrorists and the people who don't wanna destroy industrialized countries .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_countries_on_earth Other official lists.

On an aside, is there a reason why you space punctuation away from the wording?

Eh, dojima, that's a list of information on a certain subject about countries . The only one that i can find is the sovereignty one . I'm just done fucking arguing with you because it's pointless, no one can change your fucking mind ... :X

And yeah, that's a habit from French punctuation with question marks . And i do it with periods .

Yeah, you can't when I know I'm right. I agree it is sad, though, that it takes sports affiliations to create an unbiased list of countries. The best list is the ISO 3166-1 list once you take out things that aren't considered countries like Antarctica. That would still result in over 200 countries, though.