Sign in to follow this  
Ernieeee

New Game Suggestion:Ghost!

This is the original game of Ghost:

Ghost is a word game in which players take turns adding letters to a growing word fragment, trying not to be the one to complete a valid word. If a player completes a word, they lose that round of the game and starts a new round. Each fragment must be the beginning of an actual word. Usually some minimum is set on the length of a word that counts, such as three or four letters. If a player believes the proceeding player is not spelling an actual word, they may challenge. If you are challenged, you must say the word you were trying to spell.

This is the Jail Break version:

Ghost is a word game in which terrorists take turns adding letters to a growing word fragment, trying not to be the one to complete a valid word. If a terrorist completes a word, he/she dies and a new round may start. Each fragment must be the beginning of an actual word. If a terrorist believes the proceeding terrorist is not spelling an actual word, he/she may challenge. If you are challenged, you must say the word you were trying to spell.

Additional rules

• Words used in this game should be reasonable; however this is still up to the warden.

• If you are challenged and you can not come up with a word, you will be killed. If someone challenges you and you come up with a word, he/she will be killed.
  • All terrorists must spell out the previous letters and their current additional to the fragment of letters.
  • All terrorists have 7 seconds to add an additional letter or they can be killed.
  • Four or less letter words are not considered real words and spelling one will not result in death

Example

T1: C

T2: CA

T3: CAR (Car is a real word but is not counted as one in the game of ghost)

T4: CARP (Carp is a real word but is not counted as one in the game of ghost)

T1: CARPE

T2: CARPET This terrorist is killed.

Loopholes

Some terrorists might think they're crafty and tell each other to never challenge each other, thus the game goes on forever and no one dies. A warden may step in at anytime if he/she think terrorists are doing this and ask for the word. If the current terrorist presents a real word, the warden will be slayed (LOL). If there is no such word, the last terrorist that added a letter dies, regardless if he/she started the rebellion.

Someone will always die in a round of ghost, whether it is spelling out a word or failure when being challenged. Therefore, terrorists are most likely not going to be telling each other what the word is. There is a bit of strategy involved and you could secretly work out a plan to get a specific terrorist killed.

Yes, I was bored.

Not gonna lie, sounds pretty fun and interesting.

Only problem I see here is T's typing out of turn etc, or just the overall stupidness of people who cant spell. IE: Recieve vs Receive

Not gonna lie, sounds pretty fun and interesting.

Only problem I see here is T's typing out of turn etc, or just the overall stupidness of people who cant spell. IE: Recieve vs Receive

I forgot to mention this game should be played with a little amount of people. I suggest five. In the real game of ghost, it is advised to have four people play (this is to ensure that there is one full rotation before players lose a round). Talking out of turn could be solved by having the warden call out names. Tell them to freeze, unstack, and go down the line of people. As for words like "receive", the next terrorist could challenge the proceeding terrorist. Since the words are not suppose to be told, reci could be changed to recit which could lead to reciting. Since recieve is not a real word, the challenged terrorist would die.

I give it the okay myself, sounds pretty damned fun. Just a few guidelines.

1. Warden must always count down the time.

2. If a T goes out of turn, he should be shot for disrupting.

3. CT's can't assist either.

4. The word must always be validated by the Warden; wrongful kills = slay, obviously.

If this goes really well in the server, I'll add it to the games list. We need more stuff like this coming through.

Sounds fun, though can we get a couple more examples, or just wait till I read this in the morning, cuz I don't get it (but it seems really easy...) ;'(

O and GJ, we do need more games

I think this is actually a really good idea, but you've got issues with challenging and having to check words while controlling terrorists...ideally an admin would freeze the terrorists while playing this game to make it easier to do, but then you've got issues doing that as well...

I think it would be good to try, but it'd have to go through a trial period...

~frootloop

I think this is actually a really good idea, but you've got issues with challenging and having to check words while controlling terrorists...ideally an admin would freeze the terrorists while playing this game to make it easier to do, but then you've got issues doing that as well...

I think it would be good to try, but it'd have to go through a trial period...

~frootloop

There are multiple ways of checking words. I want to limit the difficulty of the words chosen. I don't expect everyone know how to spell "hyaluronidase, therefore that would not be allowed. This hopefully reduces the amount of actual word checking, since words used should be common knowledge. If there is a problem with how quick a warden can check up a word before the terrorists start to spam "freeday" due to the fact that no orders were given, a warden can assign a specific counter terrorist to look up the words. Using the in-game web browser helps. Have one person search up words, and all remaining counter terrorist watch the terrorist, which is what they should be doing.

Keep in mind that just because a word is long, does not mean it's not allowed. Difficulty of words is based on amount of times used, not length.