Sign in to follow this  
Empire

mat_dxlevel 80?

What does this mean?

Disconnect: Your convar mat_dxlevel should be greater than or equal to 80.0 but was set to 70. Please correct this before rejoining.

Disconnect: Your convar mat_dxlevel should be greater than or equal to 80.0 but was set to 70. Please correct this before rejoining.

just got it today in wcs1, never had it before

I have this issue on JB only. It's on 70 and it's fine for every server we have, but on JB it requires 80 and I'm not sure why.

And when I do set it to 80, it really lags the shit out of my client.

yes i have this problem too.. i have it set to like 60 and it works fine on all servers except JB and DR

DR & JB requires mat_dxlevel to be 80+ and it laggs the shit out of me when i set it to 80

type in mat_dxlevel 80 to play in JB

mines set to 70

i've read a few other forums and they set to set it -mat_dxlevel 81 in the launch options but i haven't tried it yet

Just to update, it was the KAC that we have now that required it to be 80, but it should be good to go now, so hopefully none of you should have problems.

Thank klark for that, btw.

mat_dxlevel 81 crashes sometimes when I load certain maps, just FYI. I use it for maps like dust2 and westwood to lessen the effects of "ATI dust" but occasionally upon switching maps it'll crash my CS:S.

With the new KAC I installed on all servers, it decided to block anything less than DX 8 for some reason. I have removed that cvar checker, so it should work for everyone now. If there are any other new issues, please PM me or post in the forums. Thanks.

Guest Horny©at

what's KAC? I'm guessing it's something to prevent material wallhacks or stuff like preventing a server crash.

yeah i just put tin 0dxlevel 81 in my launch options and everything works fine

my crashing problem is fixed too... i think the latest steam update might have done something (not totally fixed, but close)

what's KAC? I'm guessing it's something to prevent material wallhacks or stuff like preventing a server crash.

Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Has a bunch of stuff to help server admins out with hacker/sploiterfags.

Just to update, it was the KAC that we have now that required it to be 80, but it should be good to go now, so hopefully none of you should have problems.

Thank klark for that, btw.

Lul @ KAC.. its been kicking our asses..

First w/o phisics budget .. banning people permanatly

now

mat_dxlevel?

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP!

Lul @ KAC.. its been kicking our asses..

First w/o phisics budget .. banning people permanatly

now

mat_dxlevel?

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP!

People who use phys_budget SHOULD be banned. It crashes the server

mat_dxlevel 81

Anything below that either removes flashbangs altogether, or decreases the flash duration

i use 70 cause my computer is a pos. it doesn't effect flashes.

below 70 dramatically effects your game though... it removes many little objects in maps to make it easier on your computer (not sure about flash stuff) but yeah.. in official servers with zblock (league setting checker basically) the minimum is 70.

mat_dxlevel 81

Anything below that either removes flashbangs altogether, or decreases the flash duration

so you're telling me i was playing w/ decreased flashes for 4 years on css? prolly longer just don't want to think back

so you're telling me i was playing w/ decreased flashes for 4 years on css? prolly longer just don't want to think back

Only if you changed it. The fefault dxlevel is 90

I used to run CSS in DX7 a very long time ago; flashes wouldn't give the "aftereffect" when it begins to wear off - really helpful. After I switched to DX9 this was probably the biggest thing I noticed.

For some reason though I can't run anything lower than DX9 on dust2; it crashes my CS:S when I try dxlevel 70 or 81. Anyone know why?

Sign in to follow this