Sign in to follow this  
BlackStone

4 gigs of Ram

I'm looking to buy 4 gigs of ram... under 50 bucks...

I'm currently using 2 500mb sticks.. and its just not cutting it anymore.

So... anyone know where I can get 2 2gig sticks for Cheap and Effective(was thinking 50, but others say not worthit). Shipping/handling up to 5-8bucks

I'm looking to buy 4 gigs of ram... under 50 bucks...

I'm currently using 2 500mb sticks.. and its just not cutting it anymore.

So... anyone know where I can get 2 2gig sticks for Cheap and Effective(was thinking 50, but others say not worthit). Shipping/handling up to 5-8bucks

good luck. your lucky if you can get that much ram for $100

if its ddr2, you will be spending about $100. just buy two of these:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2905800&Sku=C10-5046

but im not familiar with ddr3.. never had to use it before

Guest Fohacidal

You dont have barely enough system specs posted defiance, we need at least the motherboard serial number before we can tell you what ram you can use. And judging by the processor it looks like its gonna be ddr2 and below

You dont have barely enough system specs posted defiance' date=' we need at least the motherboard serial number before we can tell you what ram you can use. And judging by the processor it looks like its gonna be ddr2 and below[/quote']

lolwut why serial number? You mean Model number?

Based on your CPU spec, your working with a Socket A motherboard, which only allows DDR ram. It is going to be hard trying to find 2GBx2 of DDR ram. Based on your computer a better upgrade would be to an Athlon processor.

Guest Fohacidal
lolwut why serial number? You mean Model number?

Same thing, different manufacturers use both to identify peices

Based on your CPU spec, your working with a Socket A motherboard, which only allows DDR ram. It is going to be hard trying to find 2GBx2 of DDR ram. Based on your computer a better upgrade would be to an Athlon processor.

Iv seen sempron on different sockets that support ddr2, rare but it exists

Now that you mention Socket A... that sounds right, I remember my father saying my mother board was Socket A... he liked it for its rarity...... which means I'm going to have a bitch of a time upgrading -.-

So... thanks for the help... now the hunt continues...

Now that you mention Socket A... that sounds right, I remember my father saying my mother board was Socket A... he liked it for its rarity...... which means I'm going to have a bitch of a time upgrading -.-

So... thanks for the help... now the hunt continues...

you're in the same boat as me. (socket 939). they don't even make processors for my motherboard anymore, and finding over 1 gig of ram is a daunting task. looks like you (and me) will have to completely upgrade if you want better performance, meaning new motherboard, ram and processor.

Guest Fohacidal

Defiance, ill tell you what Iv told phoenix before he got his dumb ass banned. If you skimp out on investing in a new computer you will lose money with every purchase you make just upgrading piece by piece. You will need to cut a bit of a whole in that wallet and sacrifice for a new build. It really isnt that hard either, for a low performance gaming setup you could even go with a microatx mobo

Guest Fohacidal

hell you could probably get a nice microatx motherboard with a core i3 or if you want you could probably still find a good deal on a 775 socket microatx/processor combo, but its already outdated. Just check out newegg dawg

hell you could probably get a nice microatx motherboard with a core i3 or if you want you could probably still find a good deal on a 775 socket microatx/processor combo, but its already outdated. Just check out newegg dawg

yep.. value-wise, socket 775 is where its at. i'd like to get a core 2 quad, but its not cheap, and i heard some applications are having a fit with all those cores.. so i'd reccomend you get a regular core 2 duo.. say something in the E7XXX range (if your looking for something cheaper) or E8XXX series (if you have some extra $$) but thats me.

here is also a good website for finding cheap pc stuff :)

www.Pricewatch.com