Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

Starcraft 2 Update

As a few of you might have noticed, there has been a LOT (relatively speaking) of activity on the SC2 Twitter and SC2 website-- new unit models, character bios, and today, they posted a peek at the new Battle.net 2.0. Tomorrow, during the Q4 conference call (which will be streamed live over the internet, which is something noteworthy in itself), it is HIGHLY suspected that SC2 Beta will be announced-- at the very least, a concrete date for beta is expected.

Thoughts?

Guest Fohacidal

A concrete Date, im seriously doubting a release

Guest Fohacidal
Starcraft II Beta is now live.

To a select few lulz

Guest Fohacidal
Since when is 20,000 "few" to you?

Considering the amount of people wanting to play the beta, its a few

I watched a couple livestreams last night. It's just making me even more impatient, I want to get my hand on some SC2 units and start playing around.

Teamliquid is win if you love starcraft btw.

for some reason, i couldn't give two shits about starcraft 2. I was weened on that game, and now many years later it just seems like its not worth getting excited about. also i have come to hate the pacing of the game. the crazy ass azns ruined it for me. also its too much like fighting games, but in a rts. its like memorize how to get shit done the fastest out of everyone and execute. bam bam bam bam done.

dawn of war 2 was in my opinion was a much better paced game.

for some reason, i couldn't give two shits about starcraft 2. I was weened on that game, and now many years later it just seems like its not worth getting excited about. also i have come to hate the pacing of the game. the crazy ass azns ruined it for me. also its too much like fighting games, but in a rts. its like memorize how to get shit done the fastest out of everyone and execute. bam bam bam bam done.

dawn of war 2 was in my opinion was a much better paced game.

BLASPHOMY. HERESY.

GO AWAY.

i

Guest Fohacidal
It's only the first wave, what do you expect?

an invite

an invite

Next wave is likely within the next two weeks

I wanted to provide an update for players that attended BlizzCon and redeemed their codes' date=' but have yet to receive a beta key invite email. The first wave of invites have already been sent out and a majority of the invites were sent out to BlizzCon attendees. Unfortunately, due to the sheer number of BlizzCon attendees, we could not get everyone in with the first wave. [u']Rest assured that if you did not get into the first wave, you will be included in a future wave, possibly within the next two weeks.

The timing of the next wave will be dependent upon the amount of players that are playing and the load capacity of the servers. Thank you for your understanding and patience through this process.

Next wave is likely within the next two weeks

I believe that they handed out ~40k codes to people at blizzcon and only ~20k beta keys were sent out in the first wave. So I won't be surprised if the second set also goes out mostly to the blizzcon attendees who didn't already get in.

I've watched a few hours worth of livestreams and some of them made me rage a bit >>. From what I've seen a huge number of the people who got into this beta are WC3 or WoW players who attended blizzcon for those games and it bugs me to see people who clearly never played the original SC and didn't follow the development of SC2 at all getting in before people like me or Junzou or the other 23586123861529 people who have been dedicated to the SC series. Seriously, there are tons of people in the beta right now who are only making ~10 scvs, don't know what the xel-naga watchtowers do, and build only 1 or two of each production building and just queue them up all the way while their resources stack up to >9000. Fucking scrubs.[/rant]

On a more positive note, the ladder system looks pretty well thought-out and it should make playing serious 1v1 and 2v2 matches a lot easier and funner on battlenet. It also looks like there's a pretty solid place for every unit in the game right now and the macro mechanics look about as balanced as I could've hoped.

I'm planning to play mostly random for at least the first week or two once I get a beta key or somebody works out a cracked battlenet system. After that I expect to end up as Protoss because stalkers and immortals give me a raging erection. Terran could be a possibility, I love the reapers and the nighthawks look like some serious fun, but I don't know if I can get over the lack of vultures and the thor just makes me fucking angry. Zerg seems unlikely, I could never get used to their weird ass mechanics in SC1 and it'll probably be the same for SC2.

Good SC2 Streams:

http://www.starcraftmethod.com/livestream/ (I reccomend Lumi's above the rest here, but they're all decent)

http://www.livestream.com/huskystarcraft

http://www.justin.tv/iccup#r=hy3pOOU~

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

HAD to be done

Guest Fohacidal

I was watching one of the live streams and had it minimized when all of a sudden I hear "YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS" like 10 times, I lolled, then cried a bit...

Guest Fohacidal
This video contains content from Funimation Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

AGAIN FUCK YOU YOUTUBE..FUCK YOU

same