Sign in to follow this  
Howard Dean

In Regards to the Community.

Guest Fohacidal
well there was this kid. and his mom stopped paying the internet bill to try and cut his addiction to css. and he stabbed her. 17 times.

just saying.

Moms fault for raising a brat and realizing it too late

If you're a mature member of the community, you can go without trolling or the need of a place to allow you to do so without punishment. Simple as that.

Its a free speech forum, not a "this gives you permission to create 4chan threads" forum. People have earned the right to say whatever they want in FFA and thats that, why people are linking FFA to posting peoples pictures on the internet is beyond me.

The issue is this:

As mute stated, there are certain "cliques" in sG here that allow for certain activities to go unpunished, or under punished. What is the point of having a rule system if they only apply to certain people and cant be enforced when others break them? In my opinion, if Shippo has been unbanned, even after cheating, posting screenshots of his cheats, endless trolling etc, then you should just go ahead and unban every other loser who cant handle playing the game without downloading what they would call "skill." What makes him so special?

The fact that said trolls are able to force staff members out of their positions and remain unpunished just shows where the true balance of power in sG lies, and it certainly isnt where it belongs. If the "staff" cannot respect the rules themselves, how can anyone be expected to respect the staff?

If you want to form your own cliques with your buddies, go make your own "community" and spend your time trolling each other as opposed to wasting our time by doing it here. The sadder fact is that most of these "trolls" are 18-23 years old, yet have about as much dignity and respect as a 5 year old. Bans/Punishments should be/need to be issued based on the action, not who is committing them. Fix this, and you will fix the community.

Guest Waffle

376204528_5f1e15d57e.jpg

Waffle for Staff!

Get shit done Howie.

This isn't trolling by the way.

Guest Mr Clickerson
Moms fault for raising a brat and realizing it too late

Its a free speech forum, not a "this gives you permission to create 4chan threads" forum. People have earned the right to say whatever they want in FFA and thats that, why people are linking FFA to posting peoples pictures on the internet is beyond me.

FFA is a safe haven for the trolls that we don't want. Get rid of the FFA, the trolls must contain themselves, or leave. Free speech is fine. Trolling, on the other hand, is not. Removing FFA is not preventing you from voicing your opinion in any way, nor is cracking down on trolls. Believe it or not, you can voice your opinion in a non-troll manner 100% of the time.

FFA is a safe haven for the trolls that we don't want. Get rid of the FFA, the trolls must contain themselves, or leave. Free speech is fine. Trolling, on the other hand, is not. Removing FFA is not preventing you from voicing your opinion in any way, nor is cracking down on trolls. Believe it or not, you can voice your opinion in a non-troll manner 100% of the time.

Well said my friend well said.

TROLLING

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."

Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

I want every member to define trolling for me so I can develop a definition of trolling. THAT is my major issue with knowing when, and if to punish it.

Trolling:

Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards. When done in a moderated internet community, this can result in banning. When done to uptight people such as fundies, this can result in hilarity.

TROLLING

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."

Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

So you want to ban Sarcasm that makes fun of other people?

Trolling:

Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards. When done in a moderated internet community, this can result in banning. When done to uptight people such as fundies, this can result in hilarity.

This sounds more like a definition of flame baiting.

Guest Waffle
lol They're just urbandictionary definitions.

No shit sherlock.

Guest Waffle

NUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I was uhh.... GIVING AN EXAMPLE YOU SEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I'M NOT TROLLINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I'M WAFFLE YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Guest Fohacidal

who said it was a troll manner of free speech? and again, removing FFA will do nothing to prevent the flow of trolling, people troll, ffa doesnt and in any way does not encourage it.

Guest Fohacidal
Then sum it up to malicious/slanderous off-topic posts.

IE:

Thread: Superbowl

Poster 1: I think the saints are gonna win

Poster 2: Youre a fucking retard with a snaggle tooth

What?