Sign in to follow this  
Howard Dean

In Regards to the Community.

Thanks Mitch but that doesn't add in WHY they have the position that they do.

Finances - Deal with them when you purchase Admin

Technical - Talk to them when something is broken on the server, adding a map, suggestions for the server, etc.,

Affairs - Talk to them for Forum Moderation, Vent Moderation, Complaint Department, Ranks and Recruitment, etc., etc., etc.,. If it doesn't deal with the servers technically, or with money, it's here.

No no no, I mean why that specific person has that job. What makes them right for that job?

CoinStar is Finances because he is the one we can all trust.

Kai, Yiyas, Klark, and Jason are the ones who we can trust as well as their good at working with servers. That is why they are in technical.

As for Affairs, it's just people who are people who help in a general basis. Like I just skim through recruitment and ranks stuff, complaint department, browse through forums/vent, and jump around on forums.

Addendum to mitch's post, more thouroughly interpreting affairs selection. Mostly (Affairs) staff was chosen because of a good mix of desire to help, a perceived maturity in the eyes of the rest of the staff, and a technical ability to accomplish the tasks set forth. We've recently attempted to get differing opinions so we could have a more diverse view on the goings on of the clan so that may be perceived as fractures in our leadership. We try to select those who we think are going to do the best and improve the community. Definitely bring anything to our attention concerning staff so we can discuss it and deal with it as fluidly as possible.

Like I said before

There's obviously no secret ingrediant to success here, but it should start with this clan desperately needs some people that are willing to simply commit to better the community, work together, and AGREE on rules and enforce them at all costs, even if its a rule you don't neccesarily like. It seems this community is hardly moving anywhere and just constant fighting over stupid things that someone is butthurt about.

I know it won't be easy, but if you guys really start cracking down and working together on things and communicating better in general, I think we can pull through.

/signed

I don't have anything to say on the matter at the moment, but will continually watch this thread and hit the pipe when necessary.

Fixed for you =)

I don't know if I agree with banned from forums = banned from servers... I'll have to give that one some more thought before I sign.

Perm ban from server should equal perm ban from forums, im not really sure perm ban from forums should equal perm ban from servers though=S

Then again you would only be perm banned from forums for something extreme so maybe it should.

I don't know if I agree with banned from forums = banned from servers... I'll have to give that one some more thought before I sign.

If you do enough to be perma-banned from the server, which is pretty hard to do unless your a idiot, then why should be allowed on the forums. You can't act right on one, you lose both.

If you do enough to be perma-banned from the server, which is pretty hard to do unless your a idiot, then why should be allowed on the forums. You can't act right on one, you lose both.

Agreed dude. I think though, if were to make an automated system via some sort of script, people from our servers should only be able to access the complaint department to appeal bans....just throwing that out there.

It's the other way around that I'm moderately concerned about.

and, if you are banned from the forums you will be banned from the servers.

It would depend on what kind of sheninigans need to be done in order to be perm-banned from the forums. Heck, even non-perm bans can give cause for concern - banned for two weeks on the forums is a very long time on the servers.

I'm glad howard had the balls to put this up. We really needed someone in the staff to stand up and call for an end to all the school yard bullshit going on here. I know I for one am sick of seeing every thread get trolled by a small percent of the people on this site. Sure every once in a while someone just needs to jump in and have a little fun or they might try to make a point. Sometimes it goes a little to far or it is taken the wrong way. Thats forgivable. Then you have the others that just can't help but sit back and wait to start shit. Everyone knows who that is and I think everyone is getting sick of it. Some assholes take it waaay to far and shit hits the fan. One good thing about that is that is when things get the spotlight and we can deal with it. The few trollers we have here have tried to do everything to fuck with the rest of us. So I'm all for giving them the boot. Most of us just want a place to discuss gaming or what ever it is that you all spend hours here talking about. I just hope that everyone lives up to what they have said here and not let this just die off. With that said

/signed