Sign in to follow this  
bios

Current State of WCS#1

@ Oracion, what im trying to say is that all players play the same way... i really don't know what im trying to say actually. blargh

I might be missing the point too. :P

What I'm trying to say is that this isn't a fully on admin issue, but something that can also be addressed by the regular players as well. Just many don't change to balance as they see fit.

Then again, who wouldn't want to win? I can't blame them much, but it's not helping the situation overall.

I still think it sucks if you're not winning.

It does. If teamstacking is driving you away from the server, try playing during peak hours when there's admins on. When the teams are actively balanced it's more fun for everyone. Also try not to play when people who are known for stacking/whoring are playing.

It does. If teamstacking is driving you away from the server, try playing during peak hours when there's admins on. When the teams are actively balanced it's more fun for everyone. Also try not to play when people who are known for stacking/whoring are playing.

Problem is, there's alot of admins who just don't do anything or don't switch properly.

They don't realize you're not supposed to take the top guy from the winning/stacked team, you need to switch some of the guys directly below his score. The point is to supplement the losing team with better players with better KDR, not just give them the top person which only restacks the opposing team making them win for another 5-10 rounds before they switch the top person again to the opposing team.

Which may seem alright if you use the "It atleast allows both teams to win" until you think about how agonizing it is to be raped for 1/3rd of the map. It should be fun all of the time, not just when you're on the stacked team.

Also, the last sentence in that quote - it's easier said than done, when there's alot of different times that they come in and we can't just play around their schedule.

Actually when I move someone from the top (of course I am going off kdr/scores. I wouldn't switch someone who is 40-20 when I have someone who is 35-5 right below him) to the losing times, the MAJORITY of the time the teams get balanced with just that one swap. There are only an occasional few times it stacks the other way, in which case someone who was on the winning side (now the losing side) will make a comment saying there was no balance, just stacking the other way.

I always have to go back to my old saying. If you leave it up to the admins to balance the teams, you can't really complain how they balance it.

Actually when I move someone from the top (of course I am going off kdr/scores. I wouldn't switch someone who is 40-20 when I have someone who is 35-5 right below him) to the losing times, the MAJORITY of the time the teams get balanced with just that one swap. There are only an occasional few times it stacks the other way, in which case someone who was on the winning side (now the losing side) will make a comment saying there was no balance, just stacking the other way.

I always have to go back to my old saying. If you leave it up to the admins to balance the teams, you can't really complain how they balance it.

Well, in cases like that, I agree. There however has been times like where players go 65-5 or 43-4, or some similar thing like that - many times in the past week my brother and I have both witnessed admins switching top spot players to the other teams, and usually a player on the now losing team will make a comment but the players are already switched, so it'll take a couple rounds before the admin gets around to it if they even do "get around to it". [This point-of-view is from both the stacked team and the opposing team of said stacked team]

The admin has to have his own fun too, I think there's more problems than just admins switching teams anyways.

Oh yeah one thing that I brought up earlier since Yiyas is checking this thread....ZOMBIE.

Zombie is PERFECT EXCEPT ONE THING. People that mousewheel for longjump should NOT be able to buy Sock of Feather. It's hard enought to kill a zombie with that much HP before someone else runs up on you, but how the fuck can you kill it when its using it's ultimate and bunning hopping at you? It's practically impossible to get the 15 headshots needed to kill one at that speed. I KNOW people can back me up on this shit.

Guest Hardcoreiswindows98

it's suppose to be a challange to kill the zombie.....thats the point of the race

What I don't understand is how you guys are missing the point that makes zombie so op. The people behind him. Sure 1 zombie is ok, but when you have 2 of them rushing with the team behind them, you can't just switch to judge and kill the zombie, the players behind him will rape you before you get a chance. If its one on one, ya a zombie isn't that hard and there are plenty of ways to counter it. When teams are stacked and you have a zombie leading half of the other team behind it, two came become a little too much.

cass, you can mousewheel LJ any race. you're just mad you can use a slow race against a zombie. and look, even noire backed you up.

what kills zombies are the SLOWING races. roots races have to wait for their ultimate, but the slow allows you to hit him and run away/ shoot the other people.

maybe we should restrict it to 1 zombie per team. but keep sock of feather. usually good zombie rushes are led by people who are also good. (they'd do a good gun rush too)

People that mousewheel for longjump should NOT be able to buy Sock of Feather.

Haha, Cass. Just replace 'people' with Pebbz? D:

Roots still rapes Infected, and so does banish. I still remember when Yiyas slayed me thinking I had LJ on Infected. :3

Haha, Cass. Just replace 'people' with Pebbz? D:

Roots still rapes Infected, and so does banish. I still remember when Yiyas slayed me thinking I had LJ on Infected. :3

Yeah, a 4s roots with two masks of death means a dead zombie and 300-400 more health for the killer. Unfortunately there's only three races with a 4s roots - Night Elves, Judge, and Ring Leader, all three of which are pretty slow.

orc general is my preferred zombie killer.

1 full mp5 clip kills a zombe (it gets crazy crit dmg)

also, the slow on orc general just does wonders

Well for lower levels C&P is fine. I just need some stuff that will keep people happy and refreshed while a friend and I reconstruct WCS to be ~30-100 times faster. I prefer to work in core of WCS because people don't cry about it being overpowered xD

See, Yiyas, this is the problem. Core files only effect the smoothness of gameplay and don't really effect the actual races themselves. If you neglect that part of WCS, it will only get more out of control and less and less fun.

What I don't understand is how you guys are missing the point that makes zombie so op. The people behind him. Sure 1 zombie is ok, but when you have 2 of them rushing with the team behind them, you can't just switch to judge and kill the zombie, the players behind him will rape you before you get a chance. If its one on one, ya a zombie isn't that hard and there are plenty of ways to counter it. When teams are stacked and you have a zombie leading half of the other team behind it, two came become a little too much.

That is the point I've been trying to make. Thank you Noire for emphasizing it.

Zombie's fine broski. people who can't beat them don't know how to change off their favourite race.

Disagreed. Zombie is not fine. It was created by POLIS who intended to use it for his own server. It was not designed to be used in a balanced WCS environment.

I'd be fine with just 1 zombie per team, no nerf to the class.

This would be a better solution. 2 Zombies is too much.

See the problem with the current state of affairs with sG is that all the leaders are too busy fingering each others assholes to actually get things done. You want to put everything to a vote, try to keep things balanced among the leaders and you guys just don't realize that children and teenagers are typically incapable of making good decisions. On top of that, you are all trying to participate, which is called redundancy, and you all are too fuckin gun shy to actually grow some balls and lay down the law. The clan will continue to suffer because of this and nothing will really be fun for everyone and most of the new interest will get quashed by people like Cass who are too selfish to give a shit about anyone else but themselves. For those of you who understand efficiency, fun, and fair play, I apologize. But most of you leaders don't. And like I said, most of you are all too busy with your heads up your asses trying to prove shit to one another to actually make shit happen. Please understand that I am talking from experience and from managing the clan AT IT'S STRONGEST and MOST POPULAR. Wake up before it's too late and nobody gives a fuck.

See the problem with the current state of affairs with sG is that all the leaders are too busy fingering each others assholes to actually get things done. You want to put everything to a vote, try to keep things balanced among the leaders and you guys just don't realize that children and teenagers are typically incapable of making good decisions.

I don't see how being a over-the-top hardass also helps. If you really want this to be SRSBSNS clan, by all means tell us how, but we're called casual for a reason and don't need to make everything hardcore to get it done. I understand there are things going on in WCS, and if you're strict about things, that's fine, we're glad you're helping, but don't say we aren't doing anything to fix it, or not doing anything at all. You've made some stupid decisions since you came back about how you're acting, but we got over that. I'm currently trying to do some things on WCS with Yiyas to get it a bit more settled in and less monotonous atm, which more than likely I can do after I get this stuff for college settled.

On top of that, you are all trying to participate, which is called redundancy, and you all are too fuckin gun shy to actually grow some balls and lay down the law. The clan will continue to suffer because of this and nothing will really be fun for everyone and most of the new interest will get quashed by people like Cass who are too selfish to give a shit about anyone else but themselves.

I don't think one case is really going to kill us. Even then, like I've said before, if there is a legit complaint, fill it out and it gets dealt with. Cass got his punishment as judged by Yiyas, and that was that. I've seen people have issues with race whoring lately, but if you tell them to change, they basically do so. Stacking teams, I've noticed players fixing things as well without needing an admin around, and admins are getting slightly better at it too.

For those of you who understand efficiency, fun, and fair play, I apologize. But most of you leaders don't. And like I said, most of you are all too busy with your heads up your asses trying to prove shit to one another to actually make shit happen. Please understand that I am talking from experience and from managing the clan AT IT'S STRONGEST and MOST POPULAR. Wake up before it's too late and nobody gives a fuck.

You know, insulting us doesn't help your case and doesn't make you look any better as a former leader.

I'm glad you were around to help out before, but come on, you make it sound like nothing is being done to work with the server. This is really the only server outside of JB that has major issues (which can be a huge opinion on 'major) with people and how they are acting, but again like I've stated many, many times, if there is a legit issue and the person is doing something stupid, get proof and it gets punished. I have no issue with removing some rank or getting some levels removed if the need comes.

Core Files faster = less lag which everyone be complaining about. 10-100x faster will make a difference. The 3 generals (especially Orc) + Judge + Malevolent were also pretty powerful before I changed them. Guildmage too which you changed it's level to 10,000, quite the lazy move. I've fixed about 95% of the bugs that came with the server when I got engineer over it. If you didn't like Infected then you shouldn't have added it. Before it would heal 50hp every slash and regenerate everyone's nearby HP. Infected, to me, is just a standard movie zombie. The only "big issue" here has been one single race, infected, which is not a big issue. You're also complaining about things working how they should.

Noire says the only time Infected is great is when 2 of them rush with a team which is the smart thing to do. What's the counter for that? You have a team yourself and a minor combo of Neve+Human+Judge/CT/NightElf/Molecule+2Healers would annihilate 2zombies+3teammates and no need for shopitems. Yeah I will be nerfing it but should I just stop being "gun shy", ignore the server and tell y'all to lick ma bawlz? No. If you wanna complain about how sG is run then take it somewhere else and put it in the right thread at least. Same goes if you're trying to get back into the running of the clan/WCS1.

What if your team doesnt want to change to all those classes? You end up being screwed over. This is why infected should be limited to 1.

I lawl at you still Fox.

Anyways, I understand that you acn use frost orb and roots etc...the one problem with orb is this...

If a zombie uses it's ult with sock and starts charging at you they can outrun even UNDEAD with speed. Even with frost orb, which does slow it down you have to somehow get 15 or so headshots in midair while the player is flopping around. Slowed or not, that is hard to do.

Ok here is the reason why it's stupid to give zombie LJ.

Lets say you are on umm..D2 and the Ts decide to go through the tunnel and pop out at the bombsite with the zombie leading the way. The zombie has sock and hits ultimate flying through the air with mousewheel and LJ. That zombie is going to just distract teh whole team and absorb all the damage, while the rest of the T team comes right behind the zombie and owns everyone who is STILL concentrating on that zombie. It is almost impossible for the zombie to fail at this tactic with peoplel following him. 1 on 1 the zombie is a piece of cake LJ or not, but it's the distraction that makes it terrible.

Zombie can't get LJ

Orb of frost works 100%; 1 shot = charge lost.

Changed some stuff to generally make it easier to kill. Don't see why this is only an issue -now- considering infected has been on server for ages and it has been the meat shield for all times.

What if your team doesnt want to change to all those classes? You end up being screwed over. This is why infected should be limited to 1.

well, then tbh, the other team should not be complaining about potential overpowerness of a race. If a guy wants to kill the other team and switch to zombie, then good for him. Why take it out on a race when the people at fault are those lazy to care about winning.

and its obvious that when you make the files run faster and cleaner, you can have more races with taxing skills. In return of optimizing core files, you leave yourself more room to make shit that would have broke other servers with base core files.

Sign in to follow this