Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

Amber's Ban [cont'd]

Well shit. This is not going to end very well, is it?

Nope. The funny thing is, someone could conceivably dump all the pictures from Amber's Facebook and post them all here now; no PIP violation.

There was a reason for pictures being IN the PIP, why the fuck is this happening?

Because the PIP wasn't designed to stop people's stupidity (i.e., letting your pictures be published in public domain), it was designed to protect against people like me and fatb0y who go DIGGING for stuff.

As it states in the TinyChat privacy policy

Please remember that any information you disclose in a "Public" Community becomes public information and is immediately accessible on Tinychat, so it is important for you to exercise discretion and appropriate caution when deciding to reveal personal information in these areas. We therefore encourage you to use care in protecting your identity when you choose a member name and to keep your member name as well as your password confidential.

Magic was asking for it . He even went around his house chasing after his family trying to show us them .

I thought SG was starting to head in a good direction. This is a pretty big set back.

Well, that should be a positive, no? Or was I mistaken why you were joining.

Magic was asking for it . He even went around his house chasing after his family trying to show us them .

but the rules (well the rules that were in place when she broke PIP) stated that you can only use pictures that were posted on vent/servers/forums any outside pictures would need consent. which she did not have.

but it's cool to change rules to save friends.

Well, that should be a positive, no? Or was I mistaken why you were joining.

How is it a positive? Posting your picture does not give consent for it to be altered and posted as someones avatar and signature. The new PIP only condones this behavior now! And I said I wanted to help SG go in the right direction and I am. I'm giving my opinion for staff to consider since I don't have any other power, right?

Showing a set number of people you trust in tinychat is different from someone abusing that trust and posting your picture up on an internet forum with 3,000 people. Yes, it was stupid on his behalf. And under the PIP during the time, it was a bannable offense.

Again, the difference between the old and new PIP is a shift from protecting stupid people to protecting people from creepy stalkers.

but the new pip they can have your first/last name (from anywhere) find your facebook, and take every picture you have (without your consent) and post them on the forums.

he didn't care about being seen, he cared about being in her avatar without consent. which (at the time) was breaking PIP. she should be banned for 2 weeks.

If magicratt wouldn't want to be seen, why would he have gone on a webcam?

the point is that under the old PIP it wasnt allowed for amber to take pics she took from tinychat and bring them onto this forum. under the new PIP she is allowed to (it was changed AFTER she broke the rule)

How is it a positive? Posting your picture does not give consent for it to be altered and posted as someones avatar and signature. The new PIP only condones this behavior now! And I said I wanted to help SG go in the right direction and I am. I'm giving my opinion for staff to consider since I don't have any other power, right?

No one is neglecting your opinion. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but it seems you should be more angry with those that actually made the shoop. Staff shouldn't have to babysit whatever trivial pictures you decide to share.

Fuck, shoop me, I don't care. :3

Project, no one on staff is really 'strong' friends with Amber. :S

Showing a set number of people you trust in tinychat is different from someone abusing that trust and posting your picture up on an internet forum with 3,000 people. Yes, it was stupid on his behalf. And under the PIP during the time, it was a bannable offense.

Again, the difference between the old and new PIP is a shift from protecting stupid people to protecting people from creepy stalkers.

It doesn't matter if it is only a few people you trust, those rooms aren't private and anyone can join at any given time . But whatever , I guess it was bannable at the time, I just find it funny that he would expose himself that much then complain about how someone took his picture and posted it .

No one is neglecting your opinion. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but it seems you should be more angry with those that actually made the shoop. Staff shouldn't have to babysit whatever trivial pictures you decide to share.

Fuck, shoop me, I don't care. :3

I understand that, and I get your point. But now the real point is, people CAN and will search for the pictures you DIDNT want to post, and they can post them no problem.