Gay Rights?

Guest formerlyaeth

wait who needs to calm down

bro its debate

we debate

if you dont know what that is

go take it as a class

im sure your high school has it as an elective

lol I think you're the one that needs to calm down.

I'm perfectly calm dude . Caps was mean't for re-enactments .

But i am pretty sure that runs through people's mind every time they hear the word gay *the homophobic ones* .

In my opinion love is love . If you say "OMG GAYS TAKE IT UP THE ASS THATS SO GROSS" grow the fuck up and take your childish point of view somewhere else .

Didn't seem so calm to me. That's not how you debate things maturely, by telling people who don't believe what you believe to gtfo.

What if two non religious want to get married. Why should they? Marriage isn't about pleasing a religion, if it was, everyone who was a couple would be some sort of Catholic, Jew, or Christian.

Tax Benefits

Filing joint income tax returns with the IRS and state taxing authorities.

Creating a "family partnership" under federal tax laws, which allows you to divide business income among family members.

Estate Planning Benefits

Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.

Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.

Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.

Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.

Government Benefits

Receiving Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses.

Receiving veterans' and military benefits for spouses, such as those for education, medical care, or special loans.

Receiving public assistance benefits.

Employment Benefits

Obtaining insurance benefits through a spouse's employer.

Taking family leave to care for your spouse during an illness.

Receiving wages, workers' compensation, and retirement plan benefits for a deceased spouse.

Taking bereavement leave if your spouse or one of your spouse's close relatives dies.

Medical Benefits

Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.

Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.

Death Benefits

Consenting to after-death examinations and procedures.

Making burial or other final arrangements.

Family Benefits

Filing for stepparent or joint adoption.

Applying for joint foster care rights.

Receiving equitable division of property if you divorce.

Receiving spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation if you divorce.

Housing Benefits

Living in neighborhoods zoned for "families only."

Automatically renewing leases signed by your spouse.

Consumer Benefits

Receiving family rates for health, homeowners', auto, and other types of insurance.

Receiving tuition discounts and permission to use school facilities.

Other consumer discounts and incentives offered only to married couples or families.

Other Legal Benefits and Protections

Suing a third person for wrongful death of your spouse and loss of consortium (loss of intimacy).

Suing a third person for offenses that interfere with the success of your marriage, such as alienation of affection and criminal conversation (these laws are available in only a few states).

Claiming the marital communications privilege, which means a court can't force you to disclose the contents of confidential communications between you and your spouse during your marriage.

Receiving crime victims' recovery benefits if your spouse is the victim of a crime.

Obtaining immigration and residency benefits for noncitizen spouse.

Visiting rights in jails and other places where visitors are restricted to immediate family.

tl;dr

Didn't seem so calm to me. That's not how you debate things maturely, by telling people who don't believe what you believe to gtfo.

Can you read again ? I'm not telling people to think how i think, i'm telling them to have some maturity .

Just how people ( maybe you ) said eww girl cooties when you were little . Now you wouldn't say that because you are more mature than you were when you were 5 .

Actually, I never once said "eww girl cooties" when I was little. I was a pretty open minded child. :D

Anyways, we weren't being immature. Maybe someone in the first billion pages was, I don't know. I didn't read the entire thing.

I was trying to direct it to the people who base their opinion on the way they perform intercourse .

Can you read again ? I'm not telling people to think how i think, i'm telling them to have some maturity .

Just how people ( maybe you ) said eww girl cooties when you were little . Now you wouldn't say that because you are more mature than you were when you were 5 .

Sorry Karma, gonna agree with Equilibrium; he's not telling people who disagree with him to get the fuck out, he's telling the bigots that they need to grow up and learn to tolerate people different from them.

CC90 wasn't a bitch when he wasn't preaching his Nazi ideals; what Equilibrium is asking, I believe, is just some semblance of tolerance on the forums. Examples of particularly distasteful remarks would be Kelso's "Hang em all" and Switchblades's "All gay people deserve to be insulted."

Saying homophobic shit used to be against the rules, but we got lax in issuing infractions for it.

Sorry Karma, gonna agree with Equilibrium; he's not telling people who disagree with him to get the fuck out, he's telling the bigots that they need to grow up and learn to tolerate people different from them.

CC90 wasn't a bitch when he wasn't preaching his Nazi ideals; what Equilibrium is asking, I believe, is just some semblance of tolerance on the forums. Examples of particularly distasteful remarks would be Kelso's "Hang em all" and Switchblades's "All gay people deserve to be insulted."

Saying homophobic shit used to be against the rules, but we got lax in issuing infractions for it.

Thank you :)

Yea, I don't think it'll happen though.

Nope, not a chance.

In response to Equilibrium, some of the gay members on the forums have either (a) grown thicker skin or (b) learned to cope with it. The majority of the forum members are teenage males age 13-22, so asking for maturity and tolerance is kind of a waste of breath. There are a few of us who us who aren't bigots, but regardless of that you're going to see a lot of hate here, intended or unintended.

Nope, not a chance.

In response to Equilibrium, some of the gay members on the forums have either (a) grown thicker skin or (b) learned to cope with it. The majority of the forum members are teenage males age 13-22, so asking for maturity and tolerance is kind of a waste of breath. There are a few of us who us who aren't bigots, but regardless of that you're going to see a lot of hate here, intended or unintended.

Aka beefwipe

Good luck trying lol.

Well , i'm not saying the whole world , i'm just saying this community .

I'm not trying to be a freedom writer here , all i'm saying is that homophobic threads or posts should be kept to a minimum because of all the places this should be one of the last places people have to deal with their "differences" compared to others, weather it's race or sexuality .

I'm not trying to be a freedom writer here , all i'm saying is that homophobic threads or posts should be kept to a minimum because of all the places this should be one of the last places people have to deal with their "differences" compared to others, weather it's race or sexuality .

And, agian, I say: Good luck trying. It's not going to happen. Dude, you've made how many posts? Once you're here long enough, you'll understand.

This is a gaming forum; if you haven't had to deal with your differences in one of the games that the forum members play, then I would be VERY surprised.

Again, forum member age ranges from 13-22 with a handful of outliers. A for effort, but seriously save yourself the trouble of trying. I tried to clean the forums up a bit too, and that didn't work out well, despite the fact that I was one of the people making the rules for a year.