Sign in to follow this  
Bonghit.Bulletsponge

New series 2010

There are several new series premiering this month, here are a few. Now I haven't watched the first episode of most of these yet, I'm waiting a few weeks so I can watch for a while. I did catch the firsts episodes of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and Omamori Himari. Now I am a fan of both mangas and I think these were pretty good adaptations. There are a few more I haven't listed but I'm sure you get the idea. Good month for anime. :D

Chu-bra!! is a shoujo-ai, but if that's your thing, go for it.

The main character of Dance in the Vampire Bund is pretty loli but it looks like an interesting series, I watched the first episode and it made me want to watch the next one which is always a good sign. Descriptions are below.

Courtesy of Gogoanime

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Description:

Plot Summary:

The story centers around Akihisa Yoshii, the “baka†of the title. His academy rigidly divides up the student body into classes based on the results of tests. The prodigies are in the A class with reclining seats complete with air conditioning, but Akihisa is in F class, the lowest rung of the school ladder which is furnished only with low, decrepit tables and worn-out straw tatami mats. A girl named Mizuki Himeji is actually one of the smartest girls in Akihisa’s sophomore year, but she had a fever on test day and was pigeonholed into the F class. Besides Mizuki (who Akihisa secretly adores), the F class also has Y?ji Sakamoto, the class president who has been Akihisa’s friend and partner-in-crime since the freshman year.

Genres: comedy, fantasy, romance

Durarara!! Description:

Plot Summary:

Ryuugamine Mikado is a boy who longs for the exciting life of the big city. At the invitation of his childhood friend Masaomi, he transfers to a school in Ikebukuro. Masaomi has warned him about people he doesn’t want to cross in the city: a champion fighter, an informant, and a mysterious gang called “Darazu.†Nervous from Masaomi’s stories, Mikado witnesses an urban legend on his first day in the city, the Headless Rider astride a black motorcycle. From then on, the existence of supernatural cases and a gang called the Yellow Turbans will rise to the surface, and Ikebukuro will pushed to the breaking point.

Genres: action, romance

Dance in the Vampire Bund Description:

Plot Summary:

After millennia in hiding, Mina Tepes (the Princess of the ancient covenant and ruler of all vampires, wants change). Using the vast wealth of the Tepes line, she has paid off the entire gross national debt of Japan and in so doing, gained the authority to create a “special district†off the coast of Japan that is to become the future haven to vampires the world over! Now, on the eve of the landmark press conference announcing the existence of vampires to the world, terrorists and rival factions are plotting to assassinate Mina Tepes before she has a chance to make her world-changing announcement.

Omamori Himari Description:

Plot Summary:

The slapstick romantic comedy centers around an ordinary 16-year-old high school boy named Youto Amakawa who is protected by a spirit — specifically, a beautiful, sword-wielding cat girl spirit named Himari. Youto is descended from a family that has subjugated demons since time immemorial. The charm that once protected him is now impotent, but fortunately, at that same moment, Himari appears before him as his new guardian.

Genres: action, comedy, romance

Themes: harem

I've actually watched the first episode, not a bad start. I liked the manga.

Sora no Woto Description:

Plot Summary:

The story is set long in the future where the world has seen many wars and has settled into a quiet decline. The story begins as Kanata Kumika, a 15-year-old girl who enlists with the army, was assigned to a unit of five girls as they defend a fortress. It also seems that music would play an important part of the series, since the series has some pretty heavy emphasis on the girls playing music across lands from their fortress.

Chu-Bra!! Description:

Plot Summary:

The story centers on Nayu, a middle school girl who shocks her schoolmates on the first day of school by wearing black lace panties. She likes this kind of underwear, and she tries to “spread the word on the merits of [these kinds of] underwear†via an underwear club with her schoolmates, who are worried about their bodies’ development and which underwear to choose.

Genres: shoujo-ai, comedy, school life

Ookami Kakushi Description:

Plot Summary:

The story follows Hiroshi Kuzumi, a 16-year-old boy who has just moved to the seemingly serene village of Jogamachi. Nestled in the mountains far away from the city, the village is divided by a river that separates old Jogamachi from new Jogamachi. Young Hiroshi soon discovers that the village’s ancient as well as mysterious traditions and customs have been kept alive over the ages. Although a bit bewildered by the new environment, Hiroshi begins to settle into his new life. While he has never been the type to win any popularity contests, he quickly earns the affection of his classmates. That is with the exception of aloof class president, Nemuru Kushinada, whose only words to Hiroshi are a warning to stay away from old part of town. It is there that terror and mystery await him..

Ladies Versus Butlers Description:

Plot Summary:

Hino Akiharu lost his parents when he was small and was adopted into his uncle’s family. When he noticed his uncle is after the inheritance of his parents, he decides to enter a boarding school, Hakureiryou high school. Akiharu is placed in the school’s new servant training department, where students are raised to be maids or butlers. However his delinquent boy-like appearance frightens the girls, who make up the majority of the students. Unable to get along with the classmates, Akiharu meets his childhood girlfriend Saikyou Tomomi and finds himself stuck in the middle of the school’s bickering cliques.

genres: shounen, school life, ecchi

themes: harem

Later