Sign in to follow this  
Contract Killer

Laptop

So I decided to not waste my money and go with a laptop over a netbook. I narrowed it down to these two.

HP Pavilion DM3 (On Sale for $499)

Highlights:

AMD Athlon™ Neo X2 @ 1.6ghz

13.3" LED high-definition widescreen with BrightView technology (1366 x 768)

4gig DDR2

ATI Raedon HD 3200 Graphics

320GB HD (SATA 7200 RPM)

Win7 Home Premium

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Laptop+with+AMD+Athlon%26%23153%3B+Neo+X2+Dual-Core+Processor+-+Modern+Argento/9556358.p?id=1218123847359&skuId=9556358

vs

Toshiba Satellite

Highlights:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.1ghz

16" Widescreen TFT-LCD with TruBrite technology (1366 x 768)

3gig DDR2

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

320GB HD (SATA 5400 RPM)

Win7 Home Premium

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Satellite+Laptop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B2+Duo+Processor+-+Midnight+Breeze/9549045.p?id=1218122295053&skuId=9549045

So basicaly, the Toshiba has a bigger screen and faster processor, but the HP has a dedicated graphics card, faster HD, and more memory. Your guys' thoughts?

Guest Fohacidal

Satellite, it has the optical drive and bigger screen, if you are gonna buy the hp you might as well just buy a really good netbook

I've had a bad experience with HP.

Sister's laptop was HP Compaq, and the backlight to the screen went out after 2 months.

My monitor is made by HP, but I really like it.

Anyway, my brother's girlfriend has a Toshiba Satellite, not sure on the model as of now, but it's pretty solid.

Again, since laptops aren't upgradable, besides RAM and the HDD, it depends what you would be using it for.

The bigger screen/faster processor would benefit you more in stuff with videos;

The dedicated card, faster HD, and more memory would benefit you in like rendering shit.

If I were to choose, I'd probably say the HP for what I'd use it with.

Toshiba's suck balls. When I was workin' at an IT department this past summer we would get Toshiba Satellites all the time that were overheating and collecting dust like crazy. My grandpa has one to and its a bitch. HP makes great stuff. Go with the HP.

Guest Fohacidal

I just didnt vote the HP because its like a large netbook, if you want a real laptop go with the Toshiba otherwise stop being bookcurious

I just didnt vote the HP because its like a large netbook, if you want a real laptop go with the Toshiba otherwise stop being bookcurious

What about:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Laptop+with+AMD+Turion%26%23153%3B+II+Dual-Core+Mobile+Processor+-+Moonlight+White/9554671.p?id=1218123526907&skuId=9554671#tabbed-customerreviews

Faster GPU, Processor, Bigger screen... Only downside is its a lower res.