Sign in to follow this  
Penthercy

Were you threatened by Penthercy?

For anyone who doesn't know I was recently banned for 2 weeks (tried for perma) because I had access to WCSadmin. WCSadmin has a few functions, one of which can slay any player no matter their immunity.

I first discovered I had access to this menu 3 days ago, and on that day I sent a message to Mario informing him of this issue, acknowledging that It was not supposed to be there for me. The message went un replied for 2 days, and through the two days the only time I used it was to slay Oracion after he literally begged me to do it for 2 or so rounds, claiming he just wanted to know if it actually could slay his immunity.

The next day it was brought the the attention of the staff by Oracion and another member that was not named that I had been placing threats to people on the server. My question is did anyone at all hear, or feel threatened knowing I had access to the menu?

During these two days not a single real complaint was made, and no damage was done to levels or the server.

Was this ban really worth 2 weeks, all my levels, and reset rank?

After discussing the issue a little, it was reduced to 2 week ban -500 levels

After sleeping on the issue I had thought it out, and felt the fixed punishment was still very un deserving. There is no proof of my threats, that were brought to the attention of staff by a member who I have had very heated beef with, his complaint without proof should not go un investigated.

Since the only proof he has is me threatening the community, I think it should be left to them to tell the truth, and I am confident that no one will be able to truthfully say I made an threats against the server or anyone in it.

I would like to just make a list of what I did to make right of the situation:

Positive:

1) sent message to Mario

2) Left the menu un touched except to show Oracion after he gave permission

3) Informed in game to Engineer that I was able to give levels for some reason; no reply

Negative:

1) Waited for clan leader to respond (aprox 30 hours)

2) Proved Oracion that WCS over rides immunity with his permission

In my opnion the good out weighs the bad.

My point in this is to prove that Mens Rea cannot be established. For those not studying law, a guilty mind cannot be proven here, because I made attempts to inform authority, and in no way tried sneak about and mis use the menu.

Had ANYONE else typed "wcsadmin" in chat prior to its removal, they would too have access and who knows what they could have done. Who knows who else had used the menu. At least I informed the leader, and I seemed to have been the only one who did, and because of that I am now banned for 2 weeks.

Maybe next time I should keep stuff like this secret, log on at 3 a.m. and give me some treats, at least then its a win/win, no ban and I get goodies...

i know im new at the forms and the server but i have never heard him say any threats to anyone. and im on there alot of latly cause i love that server you guys did a great job on it.

I dont see why punishment was ever issued.

He tried to inform upper management, even the eng of the server. It's not his fault he had it for so long because the higher ups weren't doing anything. He made a good attempt to fix the issue. So he hasn't done EVERYTHING he could possibly do, but sometimes you don't think about all the possibilities.

Then the thread discussing this was closed before it had 24 hours for me to even look at it.

BTW what happened to Church who had given himself 100 levels or more on shopkeeper with wcsadmin?

Was his punishment worse than this? Because I felt that he abused it more than Pent did (not that pent abused at all)

Pent also posts a lot of issues with the servers including hackers.

I don't see why such a harsh punishment was given in the first place.

It was an issue of my attempts not being pressing enough in the eyes of the advisors to make sure it was taken away from me prompty. 30 hour wait for Mario to respond was to long.

Church had the 147 levels from when he was testing it for Yiyas on its first release, to make sure it scaled. The levels were removed the same day, however the menu for wcstop 10, saves that information. in the end it turned out Church was not abusing at all.

i think the problem is he continued doing it, if am not mistaken. just because nobody paid attention doesn't mean you keep doing it until somebody does.

Who is the "he" in your post? just to be sure.

Anyways... Hobo is quite simply... the new DG. Its actually pretty funny that Hobo would say something like "you should have bugged us until we responded" or something along those lines. That is completely ridiculous... I do mean completely.

Even if there was to be punishment 2 weeks? 2 weeks -lvls? seriously.. coming from the guy who QQRAGESLAYed me a million times when I popped him in the head too many times.... is surprising.

I dont want this turned into a rage thread.

This is entirely meant to counter the only proof against me which is Oracions word that I threatened to slay and destroy the server.

I have definitely received experience from you (identical to the type that Yiyas does), whether it was deliberate or accidental. Using the WCSadmin when no permission is given doesn't sit with me, but I don't really believe it warrants a serious punishment.

Who knows, I may be oblivious to your possible tampering.

I would take the ban Off and replace any lvl's lost. as he said he could have gone on the server late at night and givin lvl's like crazy. He didn't and he let someone know to the best of his ability.

I have definitely received experience from you (identical to the type that Yiyas does), whether it was deliberate or accidental. Using the WCSadmin when no permission is given doesn't sit with me, but I don't really believe it warrants a serious punishment.

Who knows, I may be oblivious to your possible tampering.

The possibilities that come from wcsadmin are very big. It can go from giving levels to editing codes, thats why this was a big deal.

However what ever bug gave me access to wcs menu didnt give me access to the part where you edit code, I got a message saying I dont have those rights.

I think you are referring to the time I gave you 1k xp, that would be the first time i discovered this problem. I popped up the menu, and when I leveled it went in the background and when I spent the skill it used the other menu and gave you 1k xp. Thats the very same MINUTE I told Yiyas in game that I was able to give levels

The possibilities that come from wcsadmin are very big. It can go from giving levels to editing codes, thats why this was a big deal.

However what ever bug gave me access to wcs menu didnt give me access to the part where you edit code, I got a message saying I dont have those rights.

I think you are referring to the time I gave you 1k xp, that would be the first time i discovered this problem. I popped up the menu, and when I leveled it went in the background and when I spent the skill it used the other menu and gave you 1k xp. Thats the very same MINUTE I told Yiyas in game that I was able to give levels

Do you know what is interesting... According to what you're saying... no one seemed to give a shit, until someone QQ'ed about it.

You would imagine if it was such a CARAZZZY thing and how "serious" it is people would have jumped right on that and fixed it. Interesting how that didn't happen.

you're missing the point of previous two posts: you had the balls to mess with something you knew you shouldn't mess with. hence, the point of the punishment. at least that's the way i see.

you're missing the point of previous two posts: you had the balls to mess with something you knew you shouldn't mess with. hence, the point of the punishment. at least that's the way i see.

And if he didn't who knows when this bug would have been discovered?

What if some random douchenugget found this bug before any of the members?

What then?

And if he didn't who knows when this bug would have been discovered?

What if some random douchenugget found this bug before any of the members?

What then?

this is not a what if case so it's not even worth wasting the brain power.

The attention brought to it was definitely kept to a minimum, in fact I shrugged off Penthercy's newly obtained capabilities. I find this whole scenario petty as something like finding some lost money and not notifying someone immediately. In the end, the money was returned (in a sense) and the situation was barely alarming at best. I wasn't there for the whole Oracion debacle, so I don't really know what was going on with that.

Oh and Penthercy, don't think that this is some gester of 'whiteknighting', I still find you a pompous ass at times.

Edit:

So you say this is a punishment for an innate curiousity of finding something conspicuous? Though, I believe that Penthercy didn't try to notify anyone to his best of his ability, that's quite the weak argument.

Is that not the the basis of why I was banned? "what if I actually did say I would destroy the server"?

After talking with Hobo and Church that was the impression I got.. they said

Reports from Oracion and another member were made that you threatened the server (however we cannot prove this, so we will take their word, even though we know of past beef between the 2)

Ok, so lets talk about what did happen.

He found out he had it, he messaged you people.

You people did NOT respond.

What is a man to do?

He knew he had it, and told oracion. Oracion told him to prove it, and so he did.

Because obviously showing oracion, so HE would cry up the ladder and get you people's attention is such an atrocious act.

anyways... suck a fat one lesbo.

Lets look at this from my point of view:

WCSadmin contains commands that can literally fuck up everything.

I would not want anyone having full access to this command beside Yiyas.

Would you feel comfortable knowing that A person that was not given access to this command had the ability to erase anyone's level?

We can not make the assumption that Penthrecy did not abuse this just because he is well known among the server or a clan member.

There is always an active Adv online during the day. Simply just pming Mario and Yiyas does not cut it.

Because of the fact that you stopped after those 2 and then made others aware you had the ability to use this command should have been enough to issue a harsher punishment. Letting others know you had the ability to use WCSadmin made people aware there was a command that can be said to access this menu. Bug discovery times 100

Its obviously not a good idea to announce that i found a bug that can alter the fun of the server. I brought it to the attention of those who matter, so that is why you would have brushed it off.

you still missed the mark again fatboy. i understand the devil's advocate position but, i stick the idea that the punishment was dealt the way it was because he messed with a critical part of the server in a negative way, knowingly.

Lets look at this from my point of view:

WCSadmin contains commands that can literally fuck up everything.

I would not want anyone having full access to this command beside Yiyas.

Would you feel comfortable knowing that A person that was not given access to this command had the ability to erase anyone's level?

We can not make the assumption that Penthrecy did not abuse this just because he is well known among the server or a clan member.

There is always an active Adv online during the day. Simply just pming Mario and Yiyas does not cut it.

Because of the fact that you stopped after those 2 and then made others aware you had the ability to use this command should have been enough to issue a harsher punishment. Letting others know you had the ability to use WCSadmin made people aware there was a command that can be said to access this menu. Bug discovery times 100

This happened over the duration of aprox 30 hours... not all of which I was online.. sent a message logged off, woke up, played a bit at a non active time (oracion would be the highest person on) logged off... next day banned.

Just an FYI EVERYONE had access to this menu, I did nothing to give myself access. I found out I had it reported it and kept my mouth shut (besides telling oracion) until it was fixed...

you still missed the mark again fatboy. i understand the devil's advocate position but, i stick the idea that the punishment was dealt the way it was because he messed with a critical part of the server in a negative way, knowingly.

I didnt mess with the server, defiantly not negative, and yeah I know I had it.. thats why I reported it... O.o