Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

Banned spots on a map.

It seems like a while back there was a thread discussing what's acceptable on a map, as far as sky walking and such. I'd just like clarification on what our stance is now on the matter, here's a demo showing the spots I mean, and grapes illustrates the issue quite well. They are game breaking almost, but I want to know what we are to do as a whole, rather than just my own opinion. So give it a look and get back with me on this, cause I'd like to become a good admin for WCS, and I need to know these things.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8IBL3LEP

-Audio

can't view the demo till I get home

Rooftops in the map are allowed, out of the map rooftops are not

Spots where you can see through walls/textures are not allowed

Spots out of the boundries are not allowed

Rules : http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12844

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12845

Rules: No map glitching. Some skills in WC:S can allow players to reach normally inaccessible parts of the map. Rooftops, balconies, etc are fair game but going outside of the fully constructed, textured area of the map (ie: underneath) or going outside of a wall that is intended to be the boundary of a map is forbidden.

No skywalking. Similar to map glitching, this is defined as walking on any invisible surface. Simply put, if you can't see it, don't walk on it. This also counts if you are in a spot where you can see through walls. This is still considered skywalking.

Leave map on accident? Do not use this as a chance to sit behind a wall and camp. Get back in as soon as possible. If you can't, ask an admin to teleport or no-clip you back into the map. If there is no admin and being out side the map is delaying the end of a round you must type "kill" in console.

can't view the demo till I get home

Rooftops in the map are allowed, out of the map rooftops are not

Spots where you can see through walls/textures are not allowed

Spots out of the boundries are not allowed

Rules : http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12844

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12845

Rules: No map glitching. Some skills in WC:S can allow players to reach normally inaccessible parts of the map. Rooftops, balconies, etc are fair game but going outside of the fully constructed, textured area of the map (ie: underneath) or going outside of a wall that is intended to be the boundary of a map is forbidden.

No skywalking. Similar to map glitching, this is defined as walking on any invisible surface. Simply put, if you can't see it, don't walk on it. This also counts if you are in a spot where you can see through walls. This is still considered skywalking.

Leave map on accident? Do not use this as a chance to sit behind a wall and camp. Get back in as soon as possible. If you can't, ask an admin to teleport or no-clip you back into the map. If there is no admin and being out side the map is delaying the end of a round you must type "kill" in console.

I get the whole issue with illegal spots, but there are people who say "BUT I CAN'T SEE TEXTURS, IS LEGALZ!" and technically they are right. The only reason we don't allow it is due to word-of-mouth banning of said spots.

It'd just be nice to have a list of what isn't allowed at all for reference in the rules to make it simple and easy for admins and players.

Well in the demo, I fly around in spec and show a few of the spots in question. Then I let Grapes show us exactly how they are used n such. I'd like to know which of those are illegal and which aren't.

-Audio

I get the whole issue with illegal spots, but there are people who say "BUT I CAN'T SEE TEXTURS, IS LEGALZ!" and technically they are right. The only reason we don't allow it is due to word-of-mouth banning of said spots.

It'd just be nice to have a list of what isn't allowed at all for reference in the rules to make it simple and easy for admins and players.

Huh? You mean they can see textures so it should be legal? I mean if its still out of the map's boundaries its still illegal even if there are textures.

Huh? You mean they can see textures so it should be legal? I mean if its still out of the map's boundaries its still illegal even if there are textures.

Yeah, but people don't know sometimes what outside the map boundaries are, especially if you're able to launch yourself up to it, which isn't uncommon nowadays especially as we try to find other spots on some maps.

I'm just saying, a simple list of places that are illegal should be put up so that it's known, and there are no issues with 'he said she said' business.

Sign in to follow this