Sign in to follow this  
Shotgunsnipa

Verbal to text, saying a word to replace "go" is it baiting?

"Baiting is the act of tricking or luring a T into disobeying an order, or orders for the sake of killing him." -Quoted from The Rules.

Every so often I hear a warden say, "When I type go please go...., then he will say "go" over his mic and kill those who go. Another thing I hear sometimes is, "When I say (insert nonword/word other than go here) you will go to..."; they will then proceed to say go instead of that word and kill all those who go. I'm just curious as to whether or not this is considered baiting.

No it is not considered baiting. If the warden gave specific orders, and the Ts do not follow them, or follow them incorrectly, then it is their own fault. They have to listen and pay attention.

Guest Horny©at

yea man, it's not baiting.

For example:

Just the other day I was playing on mars and the warden said "I'm gonna type out a fruit and you have to go to the table with that fruit on it". The warden types "coffee cup" and the terrorist proceed to table with a coffee cup on it. The warden then killed everyone on the table with the coffee cup. The terrorist kept asking why and the warden said a coffee cup is not a fruit.

^that is still not baiting^

I get tired of bad wardens just expecting us to look at cells even when they don't say it

I restricted like 2 guys yesterday for saying "take one step out and freeze" then killing those who didnt face their cells

i like the specificity of those orders in the op, but they need to remember what they say also

I get tired of bad wardens just expecting us to look at cells even when they don't say it

I restricted like 2 guys yesterday for saying "take one step out and freeze" then killing those who didnt face their cells

i like the specificity of those orders in the op, but they need to remember what they say also

Amen to this. I've noticed more CT's are assuming one step outside = auto look at cells. Just like those that still assume freeze = auto no knifing/etc.

As to baiting, the only baiting that can happen verbally is if a warden baits someone with a word that sounds familiar, but "isn't". Such as with Simon says, they'll say "Semen says jump" but because it sounds like simon, people will jump then get shot.

As to the cases you specified, the warden was legit. Dick move, but legit. It's all about listening.

yea man, it's not baiting.

For example:

Just the other day I was playing on mars and the warden said "I'm gonna type out a fruit and you have to go to the table with that fruit on it". The warden types "coffee cup" and the terrorist proceed to table with a coffee cup on it. The warden then killed everyone on the table with the coffee cup. The terrorist kept asking why and the warden said a coffee cup is not a fruit.

^that is still not baiting^

African Scramble ftw :)

so at the beginning of simon says is it necessary for warden to say

I am Simon or Simon says I am Simon?

I prefer saying I am Simon

that way players wont pull out the paradox move.

is it baiting if warden does not say "I am Simon" or " Simon says I am Simon"?

so at the beginning of simon says is it necessary for warden to say

I am Simon or Simon says I am Simon?

I prefer saying I am Simon

that way players wont pull out the paradox move.

is it baiting if warden does not say "I am Simon" or " Simon says I am Simon"?

Saying "I am Simon" or "Simon says I'm Simon" works. If you just said "We're playing Simon says. Simon says jump" then you can kill anyone who jumps because there isn't any Simon yet.

And yes, it may sound redundant and a dick move, but you can do it to catch people off guard.

Saying "I am Simon" or "Simon says I'm Simon" works. If you just said "We're playing Simon says. Simon says jump" then you can kill anyone who jumps because there isn't any Simon yet.

And yes, it may sound redundant and a dick move, but you can do it to catch people off guard.

I'd rather have a rule stating that you must say I am Simon. then at least NO ONE complains.

I'd rather have a rule stating that you must say I am Simon. then at least NO ONE complains.

The rule has been passed before that if you jump/whatever while someone didn't say they are Simon, they're fair game.

Again, sounds like a dick move, but it keeps them on their toes. Only issue is having CT's that don't listen.