Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Infinity Ward Can Suck A Dick

Guest Fohacidal
That's funny how you tell me to get a life.

Let's see a few statistics.

In the past two weeks, you have over 100 posts.

In the past two weeks, this is my second post.

Here's some good reading for you.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Unwarranted_self_importance

It's also interesting how an 18 year old kid can tell me to get a life when I'm getting married in March, have a steady job, and a regular group of friends that I hang out with every weekend.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Unwarranted_self_importance

I could care less, goodluck getting married though I got nothing on that

Guest Fohacidal
It's been months since I last posted, and Foh is STILL TROLLING. xD,

Not really trolling, nice attempt at relevancy in the forums though, its been noted

Guest Mr Clickerson
First of all, let me get this straight, its not that I find this bit of the game offensive, I mean if I was squeamish towards violence, video gaming wouldn't really be my scene. Its that I know other people will, and Infinity Ward, as developers, have a certain obligation to the gaming community as whole to not cause flak for the rest of the community. They could have easily portrayed the same situation through a cut scene where you watch these guys do this instead of actually partaking in it. You know a whole group of soccer moms are going to watch this and decide that their children shouldn't play video games at all, and it just hurts the industry as a whole. They are being blatantly confrontational for no real benefit. As far as GTA and Counter-Strike are concerned, in GTA you are more or less killing civilians with reckless abandon with almost a cartoonist feel to it. I mean you're plowing through masses with a chainsaw instead of gunning down a man trying to drag his buddy to safety. This is the first time you've played as a terrorist in a serious situation and physically shot unarmed civilians just for the "fun" of killing them.

If you played the game through, you would understand the reasoning behind that section. Shepherd WANTS the Russians to invade the US. Remember the end *SPOILER* where he says "and tomorrow there will be no shortage of volunteers"? Yeah, he wanted revenge. Zakhaev supplied the nukes to the Middle Eastern bastard. Makarov helped set them off. The Russians hail Zakhaev as a hero. Shepherd lost some 30k men due to that nuke and wants to destroy Russia. What better way to do that than to get them to invade the US and have millions of volunteers and all the money he needs to get the job done? */SPOILER*

EDIT:

In other words, the majority of the game is a wild goose chase leading up to that discovery.

and in the end... developers have no "responsibility" to the gaming community in the form of self censorship to appeal to the right-end of the mass media. IF their baby (game) is going to have such writing to include any scene where civilians are killed, then they should receive no fucking flack at all, especially since it is all part of a large drama and not some half-assed "lets through some terrorist civilian killings in the game" but rather part of the whole experience/story. If people have read ANY book where such things happen in the first person, and their imagination takes the place of a digitalized audio/visual that this game creates, THEN there is NO unheard of ghastly grotesque media creation taking place. IT HAS been done before, in print, in movies, and in games before. The fact IS, that this is the first time that such an "act" has been done in such great detail and in the first person, but really its NOTHING NEW.

it comes down to the fact that, A: you are warned about it and don't have to play the section, B: the developer is in no way obligated to censor or hold back in their IP, and C: it really isn't that brutal at all. its superficial violence, its highly stylized (as in very not realistic or deep), and is all part of a drama that includes a viewpoint on how evil and messy war is in general- although done in a entertainment medium.

HOW MANY movies do you see of WWII? HOW MANY of them show the horrors of inexplicit violence to innocent human beings? I can think of one of the top of my head that garnered much applaud, Schindler's List.

you may say that this movie had much more meaning and a much deeper message, and that you cant compare the two, but what it comes down to is that the movie has so much more to work with on that level, compared to a video game which uses that message in a "playable" form and only has so much resources to do it with.

i have more to finish up on this message but im tired of typing.

tl;dr: go fuck you self and learn to read.

Guest Mr Clickerson
and in the end... developers have no "responsibility" to the gaming community in the form of self censorship to appeal to the right-end of the mass media. IF their baby (game) is going to have such writing to include any scene where civilians are killed, then they should receive no fucking flack at all, especially since it is all part of a large drama and not some half-assed "lets through some terrorist civilian killings in the game" but rather part of the whole experience/story. If people have read ANY book where such things happen in the first person, and their imagination takes the place of a digitalized audio/visual that this game creates, THEN there is NO unheard of ghastly grotesque media creation taking place. IT HAS been done before, in print, in movies, and in games before. The fact IS, that this is the first time that such an "act" has been done in such great detail and in the first person, but really its NOTHING NEW.

it comes down to the fact that, A: you are warned about it and don't have to play the section, B: the developer is in no way obligated to censor or hold back in their IP, and C: it really isn't that brutal at all. its superficial violence, its highly stylized (as in very not realistic or deep), and is all part of a drama that includes a viewpoint on how evil and messy war is in general- although done in a entertainment medium.

HOW MANY movies do you see of WWII? HOW MANY of them show the horrors of inexplicit violence to innocent human beings? I can think of one of the top of my head that garnered much applaud, Schindler's List.

you may say that this movie had much more meaning and a much deeper message, and that you cant compare the two, but what it comes down to is that the movie has so much more to work with on that level, compared to a video game which uses that message in a "playable" form and only has so much resources to do it with.

i have more to finish up on this message but im tired of typing.

tl;dr: go fuck you self and learn to read.

Saving Private Ryan... The scene where Pvt. Stanley Mellish is in a fight with that Nazi soldier (towards the end of the movie while protecting the bridge), and the two are on the ground fighting over a knife, and the Nazi slowly starts to push the knife into Stanley's chest as he's begging him to stop. Pretty merciless and much more emotional/disturbing than "No Russian" in Modern Warfare 2.

Well, i bought the game and didn't expect this scene to come up, i knew nothing about the campaign and too be honest. I enjoyed it, i enjoyed the fact that IW actually came up with this idea, instead of being a generic shooter of you shooting bad guys all the time. As well as having the guts to implement it in, i tip my hat off to them.

Also, if you are undercover and the boss tells you that you and a team are going to kill everyone in an airport, you have to go with it, unless there is a way out which sometimes is not an option. Otherwise blown cover = you dead and no information to give to base.

This game is very real in that sense, i wonder how many undercover people had to kill innocents to get them in to bring the bad guys down, countless times, but that's the problem, it makes you uneasy, and whatever make you uneasy makes you want to get rid of it, but, there it is, right in front of you, showing it in all it's glory.

Also, this game make you question your own motive and beliefs, i asked 5 people what they did at that scene, 2 didn't shoot at all, 2 shot a few, 1 person skipped. I asked them what motivated them to shoot/not shoot. They came up with, coul;dn't shoot unarmed civillinas, not right, shot a few incase he suspect me, didn't want to play that bit (he din't finish the game).

I went rambo on that scene, must of taken out 150 civies, and at the end, i smiled a bit, don't know why, relief?, or that it was refreshingly different? Just that it felt good.

Also, i'm surpriesd that no one has brought up the scene where you stab the guard and you look into his eyes as they faded. Now thats some cold stuff, i had a chill on that. Most people shoot objects/uniforms, don't see the face at all, don't see the man behind the stuff. Thats why so many people can kill at war. Thats why army condition you to see, uniforms/object/emblems, take it away from the human side, as it alot easier to shoot a helmet than shoot the man with a family/emotions/backstory.

Guest Mr Clickerson
Well, i bought the game and didn't expect this scene to come up, i knew nothing about the campaign and too be honest. I enjoyed it, i enjoyed the fact that IW actually came up with this idea, instead of being a generic shooter of you shooting bad guys all the time. As well as having the guts to implement it in, i tip my hat off to them.

Also, if you are undercover and the boss tells you that you and a team are going to kill everyone in an airport, you have to go with it, unless there is a way out which sometimes is not an option. Otherwise blown cover = you dead and no information to give to base.

This game is very real in that sense, i wonder how many undercover people had to kill innocents to get them in to bring the bad guys down, countless times, but that's the problem, it makes you uneasy, and whatever make you uneasy makes you want to get rid of it, but, there it is, right in front of you, showing it in all it's glory.

Also, this game make you question your own motive and beliefs, i asked 5 people what they did at that scene, 2 didn't shoot at all, 2 shot a few, 1 person skipped. I asked them what motivated them to shoot/not shoot. They came up with, coul;dn't shoot unarmed civillinas, not right, shot a few incase he suspect me, didn't want to play that bit (he din't finish the game).

I went rambo on that scene, must of taken out 150 civies, and at the end, i smiled a bit, don't know why, relief?, or that it was refreshingly different? Just that it felt good.

Also, i'm surpriesd that no one has brought up the scene where you stab the guard and you look into his eyes as they faded. Now thats some cold stuff, i had a chill on that. Most people shoot objects/uniforms, don't see the face at all, don't see the man behind the stuff. Thats why so many people can kill at war. Thats why army condition you to see, uniforms/object/emblems, take it away from the human side, as it alot easier to shoot a helmet than shoot the man with a family/emotions/backstory.

Tried my hardest to kill each and every one.

Guest Fohacidal

I actually tried shooting makarov the first time i played through

Guest Mr Clickerson
I actually tried shooting makarov the first time i played through

TRAITOR, instant death, mission failure. I did, too. :(!

Would have been a pretty funny Easter egg had they had a small separate ending if you killed him (since you know you're not supposed to).

Guest Fohacidal
TRAITOR, instant death, mission failure. I did, too. :(!

Would have been a pretty funny Easter egg had they had a small separate ending if you killed him (since you know you're not supposed to).

And thus with the Death of Makarov russia and its equally incompetent people and mercenary forces were thrusted into decades of mediocrity and unimportance as they found themselves to captivated by their own worship of failutionary Zakhaev.

Meanwhile in the US Shepherd continued to sulk in the lack of marines and rangers for his gay orgies as the ones he originally had perished in an atom bomb said to be the direct consequence of the storyline knowing its only black main character will die on a bridge nobody else did.

*cough* Gaz *cough* Price *cough* Soap

hmm.. the only reason i would buy mw2 for pc was for mods... i really wanted to see a legit ZM or ZE for MW2 (L4D style)

hmm.. the only reason i would buy mw2 for pc was for mods... i really wanted to see a legit ZM or ZE for MW2 (L4D style)

There will be no mods or custom maps. They advertised that with the game. Its part of why we hate them.

i know.... i was terribly depressed when i heard that...

but on the bright side of things... i'll be getting mw2 on tuesday (360)

and to fulfill my zombie killing desires, i'll be getting l4d2 for pc for christmas prolly

Guest Mr Clickerson
There will be no mods or custom maps. They advertised that with the game. Its part of why we hate them.

People have already modified the game to work with dedicated servers. :)

i know.... i was terribly depressed when i heard that...

but on the bright side of things... i'll be getting mw2 on tuesday (360)

and to fulfill my zombie killing desires, i'll be getting l4d2 for pc for christmas prolly

Way to be behind the curve.

You know, this may be the single smartest act any game company has ever done, from a gay standpoint at least. They literally do not have to do any dedi support or mod support, because everyone else will do it for them, all they had to do was port it and piss everyone off, we will take care of the rest. If the game is actually fun, then it wont matter whether or not they originally included dedi support and what not, cause it'll be the norm anyways. Gg Infinity Ward. Kinda like epic releasing the GDK, any worth while game will now be fully made without their help, they make money for just letting people have access to stuff that's been around for a while, with slight modifications. Course it's not really a bad thing, just sayin.

-Audio

And I mean it. I dunno what the deal is. Modern Warfare was one of the best fps's I've ever played, so maybe between then and now it was taken over by a bunch of money grabbing nazis or something, who knows. Anywhoo, on top of the $10 price hike, the no longer free map packs, and the lack of dedicated servers; for those of you that haven't already seen the news, the opening sequence of CoD:MW2 starts off with ~3 min of you playing as a terrorist in a crowded airport, firing on unarmed fleeing civilians, and then later at police officers/ law enforcement. Now, I've never been a believer in the whole "video game cause violence", but I believe that developers of games have a certain responsibility not to create mass hysteria and rage against video games like the hot coffee and other fiascos like that. I'm not saying this little section wouldn't be bad ass to play, but they could have explained the story by showing a cut scene or even doing it where you cant fire or something, or take the perspective of a spectator or something, but they could have been a little bit more responsible for representing the gaming industry. Jack Thompson may be disbarred, but I guarantee you we'll see news about this on Fox all day long as soon as they catch wind of it. Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this, but it just seems to me that they needlessly are stirring a big pot of shit for no apparent reason.

Well I definitely see your points but it's just such a badass game. Mowing down the citizens was kind of disturbing. Especially since they kind of portray it in a sort of blase manner as if it is a completely normal and commonplace thing to do. The hosting system works well for the most part but switching hosts in the middle of play and not being able to do anything about griefing players unless you are the host was inexcusably short sighted in terms of end user satisfaction. As far responsibility, at least they do give you a chance to skip these parts. Paying $60 for a PS3 or Xbox game is understandable: Infinity Ward has licensing fees to keep up with. However it is steep for a PC fps that is entirely user-supported.

BTW, you can refuse to buy it all you want and it will never "fuck them." They made $550,000,000 in gross sales the first week. Cha-fucking ching.

Sign in to follow this