Sign in to follow this  
Noire

Admin School Student

We were thinking about how to test people for admin school. One idea that came up was making only the people how have complaints against them attend a session of admin school in the area which they have the complaint filed against them. This of course would require players to report abuses admins more with proof.

Or we can just have all people who apply for admin (plus the people who already have it) take a test. This would generally be a global test since admin works on all servers.

I prefer the first one so that way we dont have to test people with WCS questions when all they play is surf. This way we can teach them in the isolated area in which they need to learn.

Of course all the material will still be up so if people are curious about rules and such for a specific server they can just read up on it before they use their admin in the server.

Yea this is the only thing that would actually stop me from paying for admin.

I can understand if you wanted to impliment an application requirement for admin that's different. You could easily set up a basic questionnaire instead of giving admin to the kid who has their parents credit card or paypal. But setting up "sessions" to test them is stupid. The only logical route is making people apply for it.

the sessions would only apply to ppl that have complaints against them, not all admins. That's what im trying to find out. If it's better to test EVERYONE or just test the ppl with complaints against them (in which case a private session would be taught to the person in the area the complaint is filed, like disrespect. If someone bans someone too easily for it, we can always sit them down talk to them about the procedure for banning someone for disrespect. Then after ask them a few questions to see if htey understand)

The private sessions wouldn't be taken seriously be either party.

Admin school is pretty ridiculous anyway, I agree with Karma on the applying process, which basically lets the higher ups vote for you i guess

I feel like forcing them to get tested because they get complained about is going to piss people off. That's like the class that DUI offenders have to go to, which is ungodly long and full of scare tactics. There are a lot of nonsensical complaints about admins on here, and some are baseless entirely. I think it would be best to just administer a basic questionnaire that Admins have 3 days after purchasing admin to answer or their admin will be revoked until they complete it. Then we can give them feedback so they know what they need to watch for and didnt understand.

I'd still like to see it just as an optional quiz to people to take after they've been through the school to see how they do. Really, I'd ideally like Admins to just join in and listen and get some things re-enforced, namely issues with quick-banning, and the like.

We're still working out details, but I wouldn't mind people being tests to sit though and address how the 'lessons' go, so we can get some feedback and the like.

I'm definitely not sitting down to be "tested" for a computer gaming community. Like Micro said, nobody's going to take this seriously. You have a chance of risking the money you receive through admin subscriptions.

Applying, and setting it up so people are actually 100% clear on the rules is better. You might risk one or two subscriptions for the idiots that don't seem to understand. Just make sure they know the procedure of being an admin. Most of them would be fine, we just seem to get 1 or 2 idiots. Then set up a 3 strikes your out system. It shouldn't be hard to not get 3 strikes. Just do your job by the rules and you're good.

The general point is to just clear things up, because I've seen a bit too much raging from some admins, and the warn/slay/kick has basically gone to rage/ban.

Outside that, it's mostly a talk about rules, what-to-do's and how-to's for things. I'm not expecting it to be a long, long session, but just enough to get things cleared up for general server rules, and possibly a few things in certain servers that require a bit more explanation, such as WCS and JB.

I understand you guys want to clear it up. For a good reason too. But sessions? That's the worst idea yet. It's a gaming clan! On the internet. That right there pretty much makes me laugh. Good luck trying to get every admin subscriber to sit down for a "session". The minute this is implemented, I'm cancelling my subscription. I can't believe sessions would even be debatable.

Yeah like I said, who the hell is gonna take this seriously? So you and some kid trying to be admin are going to sit in a server and you're gonna seriously ask him questions while hes laughing or something? Have an application process to make sure that the person buying is somewhat OK.

The general point is to just clear things up, because I've seen a bit too much raging from some admins, and the warn/slay/kick has basically gone to rage/ban.

Outside that, it's mostly a talk about rules, what-to-do's and how-to's for things. I'm not expecting it to be a long, long session, but just enough to get things cleared up for general server rules, and possibly a few things in certain servers that require a bit more explanation, such as WCS and JB.

So are you going to attend your own class?

Lol he would probably be administering it. I know that I wont be teaching people how to not be retarded.

i think it's a good idea. people who have 'reasonable' complaints against them should be put through admin school

Don't need to attend when I know. ;)

Should attend, you might learn a thing or two, and possibly manners as well. Or you could get out that hidden rage that you have in the FFA thread since you don't know me at all. ;)

I understand you guys want to clear it up. For a good reason too. But sessions? That's the worst idea yet. It's a gaming clan! On the internet. That right there pretty much makes me laugh. Good luck trying to get every admin subscriber to sit down for a "session". The minute this is implemented, I'm cancelling my subscription. I can't believe sessions would even be debatable.

Sorry for the DP btw.

When I say a session, I'm more looking at it like a sign up class that is strongly recommended. Forcing people isn't the way to go, but trying to talk people into attending would be the preferred route to go.

Obviously details are still in the works but I doubt very much it'll be a forced thing.

Don't need to attend when I know. ;)

Should attend, you might learn a thing or two, and possibly manners as well. Or you could get out that hidden rage that you have in the FFA thread since you don't know me at all. ;)

I have perfect manners.

P.S. You just raged about an FFA thread.

GG

I have perfect manners.

P.S. You just raged about an FFA thread.

GG

Again, thinking you 'know' how I feel. Ignorant.

Anyway, you're more than welcome to give constructive criticism on the idea of an admin school. I don't mind talk from any sides.

Again, thinking you 'know' how I feel. Ignorant.

Anyway, you're more than welcome to give constructive criticism on the idea of an admin school. I don't mind talk from any sides.

I asked you a simple question of "Will you be attending this admin school?" and you lashed out with me.

A simple "yes" or "no" would of sufficed. You can at least act mature.

can i complain about other admins in the school lol

I don't think that'd be a good idea. :P

You can complain about things in general I suppose, such as rules and stuff, I don't think there would be any issue with hearing about what issues you all have with things around servers, or any questions about it. Could probably pass some things on in a thread in Mario's forum for discussion.

I asked you a simple question of "Will you be attending this admin school?" and you lashed out with me.

A simple "yes" or "no" would of sufficed. You can at least act mature.

Sarcasm is, as sarcasm does, my friend. I'll attend to teach if you need a yes answer.

Guest Fohacidal

How completely unsophisticated oracion

9615249694338956_l.jpg

ah i cant dont have access to mario thread

I mean, whatever is noted in the actual class, I can post in Mario's forum for discussion. Basically, transfer the input over to him.

How completely unsophisticated oracion

9615249694338956_l.jpg

I'd kill to have that skin in the server that me and Noire will teach from. :P

Sign in to follow this