Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Warcraft Source: #1 and Warcraft Source: #2

Guest IamTheLaw
I say no to the reset, I sure as hell am not gonna level up all the races just to reduce some "minor lag". If you are lagging, buy a better graphics card. Simple as that.

Wat? Getting a better graphics card won't reduce SERVER lag...

Anyways, I wouldn't mind a server reset as long as some more races were added on WCS1. Some of the races are extremely boring to max out or broken and after you unlock KJ, there isn't really much to play for anymore.

I say reset becuse I play wcs1 now, and it gets boring when u have every race played to whare it just gets boring.A fresh restart would be nice becuse I rather have a fresh retart then lag(if thats the resone we are reseting) if not I really dont care, but wcs2 I really dont know becuse ive only got a lvl 30 on there and got bored so...

I vote yes

How bout you go through the database and delete entries with less than x amount of levels. Perhaps delete everyone under level 200. I'm sure that will clear ALOT of it.
... You're joking right? I mean, I suppose I could write a spider or something to do it for me, but fuck. That's still a lot of work.

I say no to the reset, I sure as hell am not gonna level up all the races just to reduce some "minor lag". If you are lagging, buy a better graphics card. Simple as that.

Eh, that doesn't matter. "A" for effort.....kinda.

es_xset keyplayer 0

es_xset levelcheck 0

es_foreachkey keyplayer in WCSuserdata "es_keygetvalue levelcheck WCSuserdata server_var(keyplayer) total_level;if (server_var(levelcheck) < 200) then es_keydelete WCSuserdata server_var(keyplayer)"

Too much procrastinated work for a detailed key deletion code. But its a start

props to kai lol

but seriously i have more fun playing my races that are maxed than by playing unmaxed races. the whole point of maxing races is to play them maxed; not to just throw them away

props to kai lol

but seriously i have more fun playing my races that are maxed than by playing unmaxed races. the whole point of maxing races is to play them maxed; not to just throw them away

Win post is win.

-Darkonus

ewwww... I won't mind if there is a level bank system that takes certain amount before map change like...

or cash bank system

i feel you should have posted this poll in the wcs1 subforum and the wcs2 subforum.

you have people who don't really play in the server just randomly voting and throwing off the votes by saying 'yes' b/c they like screwing with the wcs people. Also, some of the server rivalries might have voted no to their server, but yes to the other. This will also be done if you put them in their respective forums, but i think a lot less of it would have happened.

i feel you should have posted this poll in the wcs1 subforum and the wcs2 subforum.

you have people who don't really play in the server just randomly voting and throwing off the votes by saying 'yes' b/c they like screwing with the wcs people. Also, some of the server rivalries might have voted no to their server, but yes to the other. This will also be done if you put them in their respective forums, but i think a lot less of it would have happened.

I agree completely with this, people are just playing with the votes. It's so easy to cheat the voting system or like Empire said, people that don't play voting some non sense.

Either find a better way to do the voting, or just don't do it at all; but still remove all players 200 or below to remove a chunk of unnecessary space.

My two cents.

-Darkonus

Not sure if mario applied the cleaned up database I added but if he did anyone with less than 50 levels would have had all their levels removed on #1. Thats probably about 2 guys who have played on the server lately. It amounted to 12000 guys who had played on the server in the entire time of the server's existence and halved the size of the file =3

We have 1800 people over lvl 50 btw ^^

Not sure if mario applied the cleaned up database I added but if he did anyone with less than 50 levels would have had all their levels removed on #1. Thats probably about 2 guys who have played on the server lately. It amounted to 12000 guys who had played on the server in the entire time of the server's existence and halved the size of the file =3

We have 1800 people over lvl 50 btw ^^

I'm sure some of those 12,000 were girls too.

voted yes for reset on #1 and no for #2. most of the fun for me is the challange or leveling up the race and what to level first. along with gradually playing with the increased skills. server #1 is much easier to level in. #2 was much more of a chore to level up in. I'm pretty much max in both, but I was actually excited to play the other night when #1 got reset for a short time. played for a bit (enought to max out flame pred) If #1 does get reset, it would be nice if the races could be organized and maybe the knife races labled with a [K] like server 2.

If #2 gets reset, could there be a week of cash for regulars to get leveled back up? something like setting all players cash to $16k at round start. or could the increments of XP for levels just be reduced a little? Or change the tomb of XP to 2000 for a while.

Reset it, would bring some new life into both servers imo.

Make it interesting and say if we do reset the levels on both servers first 1 or 2 players to total level level 1000 gets some sort of reward.

Like admin for a month or something.

And I call my gf dude :P And if you check the #1 forum you'll see organised changeracing is coming in ^^

May add in, just for low levels, free xp if your level <5. Aka 200xp < lvl2, 100xp < lvl3, 50xp < lvl4, 25xp < lvl5. And some hidden effects for achieving a certain level in a race, which will be in "shitty" races only.

EDIT: Kinda cool idea there Rocks but a few people are quite devoted to their levels. Personally I need my levels to check whats wrong in the server lol but others just like to play because they have levels in the server and nothing else.

I dont think its random people voting to just throw it off. I think a lot of people are just sick of the lag so much they dont mind releveling their races. To me, more people > having all my races maxed.

Server seems to lag a lot less after mario fixed w/e he fixed. Maybe we should just do the if you are gone for 30 days then your levels are gone like we used to have (or at least advertised in game, even though people's levels never really did get erased).

Well we all got to wait for my jihad to hit 300!! lol.

Less than 10 levels to go!

But really, this is a potentioal reaction when your level goes from 1k+ to 0.

People will be like " . . . . . "

Then they are like "What is the point of leveling up these races again. They are the same as before" and they move on to a new server.

I wouldn't mind a level reset. It's kind of fun to level races over again, at least in my opinion.

As for leveling faster, double XP weekends aren't a bad idea.

But really, this is a potentioal reaction when your level goes from 1k+ to 0.

People will be like " . . . . . "

Then they are like "What is the point of leveling up these races again. They are the same as before" and they move on to a new server.

People are always gunna complain to a level reset, but they are so addicted it won't matter after a few hours play they'll be back at it again. And if they move on to another server their gunna have to level from the ground up anyways so why not stay with races and server you already know?

Regarding the validity of the poll: You can view who voted which way by clicking on the numbers in the poll results.

Regarding the reaction: Yeah, that's a possibility, but people are here for the community too; they lose that when they go to another server.

Double XP weekends sound cool, not sure if it is possible though. That might be a way to mitigate the negative reaction to a reset.

Sign in to follow this