Sign in to follow this  
Lesbian Dad

Got a virus this morning

Linux fails.... Sure it will have the least amount of issues with virus, but you have to pretty much know all the coding needed to make stuff work, otherwise you'll screw up something.

Spend a week with Arch and you can learn almost all you need to know to handle most common issues, and the rest can be resolved with some googling or man page reading.

Oh, and I should say that I know absolutely NO programming whatsoever and am fine running Linux. If you're wise enough to understand how to edit files via nano or some other terminal text editor, run commands in terminal, and understand basic console commands and file structures, you shouldn't have any problems. And don't fear the terminal. It's your friend. Not your enemy.

Ive never had a av on my computer besides ccleaner witch i run everday. And ive never got a virus. I have used uniblue before but i only used the registry cleaner.

You really should install an AV. It may not seem like you have a virus, but you could be botted or trojan'd.

idk ive been running without 1 for 2years so far, and i download torrents+ more stuff i download avg the other day i had like 8 trojens and cleaned them and unistalled the program didnt like it.

idk ive been running without 1 for 2years so far, and i download torrents+ more stuff i download avg the other day i had like 8 trojens and cleaned them and unistalled the program didnt like it.

Try Avast or Kaspersky. Both are better than AVG aesthetic-wise in my opinion.

If you want free anti-virus protection check out Alwil (by Avast). It may not be the best UI-wise, but it's definitely the best of the free AV's.

Norton is fucking terrible. The ONLY thing they've done right with their 2009/2010 software is trim the fat. In other words, it's not a resource-hog any more. Software still sucks. I was testing NIS 2009 and downloaded an obvious virus off Limewire. NIS 2009 couldn't remove it but directed me to a manual removal tool. The manual removal tool didn't work. After some research there were a lot of people with the same problem and Norton was charging $100 to fix the problem.

The fix: Delete the infected file.

That is why I have nothing but bad things to say about Norton. The software is good for those who are looking for something simple to use. But the program isn't as powerful as it could be. You're better off going with Avast, Kaspersky or BitDefender since they're all about the same price.

I use it only when I need to find out if I have a virus, other than that, no antivirus progam is ever installed on my computer. In other words, I will install an Antivirus program, scan, remove any that is a potential problem, uninstall, done.

I use it only when I need to find out if I have a virus, other than that, no antivirus progam is ever installed on my computer. In other words, I will install an Antivirus program, scan, remove any that is a potential problem, uninstall, done.

I facepalm'd.

wow... lol why not just keep it

Guest ickypop

Clay, just get a pirated or paid version of ESET NOD32, Holy shit Batman the scan takes like 15 minutes, used by banks, and it detects 95.5% of all viruses/spyware. I use it all the time. AVG is terrible it's just another shit cookie scanner.