Sign in to follow this  
BlackStone

A father's poem

Before this begins, I did not write the poem involved, its just something that drove me to write the below speech. Keep in mind, when I wrote said file, it was meant to be said in a speech format.

Her hair was up in a pony tail, her favorite dress tied with a bow.

Today was Daddy's Day at school, and she couldn't wait to go.

But her mommy tried to tell her, that she probably should stay home.

Why the kids might not understand, if she went to school alone.

But she was not afraid; she knew just what to say.

What to tell her classmates of why he wasn't there today.

But still her mother worried, for her to face this day alone.

And that was why once again, she tried to keep her daughter home.

But the little girl went to school eager to tell them all.

About a dad she never sees; a dad who never calls.

There were daddies along the wall in back, for everyone to meet.

Children squirming impatiently, anxious in their seats

One by one the teacher called a student from the class.

To introduce their daddy, as seconds slowly passed.

At last the teacher called her name, every child turned to stare.

Each of them was searching, for a man who wasn't there.

"Where's her daddy at?" she heard a boy call out.

"She probably doesn't have one," another student dared to shout.

And from somewhere near the back, she heard a daddy say,

"Looks like another deadbeat dad, too busy to waste his day."

The words did not offend her, as she smiled up at her Mom.

And looked back at her teacher, who told her to go on.

And with hands behind her back, slowly she began to speak.

And out from the mouth of a child, came words incredibly unique.

"My Daddy couldn't be here, because he lives so far away.

But I know he wishes he could be, since this is such a special day.

And though you cannot meet him, I wanted you to know.

All about my daddy, and how much he loves me so.

He loved to tell me stories he taught me to ride my bike.

He surprised me with pink roses, and taught me to fly a kite.

We used to share fudge sundaes, and ice cream in a cone.

And though you cannot see him.

I'm not standing here alone.

"Cause my daddy's always with me, even though we are apart

I know because he told me, he'll forever be in my heart"

With that, her little hand reached up, and lay across her chest.

Feeling her own heartbeat, beneath her favorite dress.

And from somewhere here in the crowd of dads, her mother stood in tears.

Proudly watching her daughter, who was wise beyond her years.

For she stood up for the love of a man not in her life.

Doing what was best for her, doing what was right.

And when she dropped her hand back down, staring straight into the crowd.

She finished with a voice so soft, but its message clear and loud.

"I love my daddy very much, he's my shining star.

And if he could, he'd be here, but heaven's just too far

You see he was a firefighter and died just this past year

When airplanes hit the towers and taught Americans to fear.

But sometimes when I close my eyes, it's like he never went away."

And then she closed her eyes, and she saw him there that day.

And to her mothers amazement, she witnessed with surprise

A room full of daddies and children, all starting to close their eyes.

Who knows what they saw before them, who knows what they felt inside.

Perhaps for merely a second, they saw him at her side.

"I know you're with me Daddy," to the silence she called out.

And what happened next made believers, of those once filled with doubt.

Not one in that room could explain it, for each of their eyes had been closed.

But there on the desk beside her, was a fragrant long-stemmed pink rose.

And a child was blessed, if only for a moment, by the love of her shining star.

And given the gift of believing, that heaven is never too far.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,

a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.

-

--

---

----

-----

------

-------

--------

-------

------

-----

----

---

--

-

This is a part I added on, you don't have to repost this part, but I felt this should be said.

~ Kevin L

Alright, you've read this poem, now I ask you, are you untouched? Does this poem move you? Does it just make you say "meh, just another chain bulletin, why did I waste my time reading this? Why did they waste their time making this bull&$#% up?"

Why, you ask? It’s because people are actually like this little girl! There are husbands, wives, grandmothers, grandfathers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, and uncles who lost people because of that attack.

That is why people "wasted their time", that is why I'm "wasting my time" tacking this on, because people DO care. Because people have a heart and are hurt at least a little by what is said in this message.

You personally may not have lost someone, I didn't lose someone, but I spent hours worrying about my uncle who was in the Pentagon wondering if he was OK, hoping he didn't get hit by that plane.

I wasn't the only one worried. There were hundreds, thousands, if not MILLIONS of people who worried for their loved ones. People in jail, people on the road, people in their homes. People standing in the streets watching it happen, as people got burned alive by the airplane fuel.

People worried as others died. Some went to rescue people and some of those people never made it out alive. They died that day proving that America does have good people still in her. That there are men and women today that aren't high on drugs and craving sex, but they care for their brothers and sisters of this country.

People stopped being lazy that day and realized something: this country is not perfect. It doesn't have the best defenses. We were attacked by domestic planes by people who sought to destroy and ruin her, though, they did not prevail.

Instead, for one or two years, people cared about this country; They fought harder than they had in years, men and women, young and old alike joined forces to go out and destroy those responsible for attacking and killing their brethren.

Why did this stop? Why do we no longer have this ... this energy, this power to want to protect, this need to defend? Why do we no longer, as a country, care what happens?

Why did you stop caring? Why did you just say "ah forget it, I don't care about this country! It is horrible, it does nothing for me but stop me from smoking my precious drugs or going fast in the car daddy bought me!"

If you actually cared about this country, then maybe you would realize it is not that bad here. Have you looked at other places where they don't have money? Where they can't afford make-up, deodorant ... they can't even get jobs because they're simply not enough.

Most of what you take advantage of here, they don't have, the simplest things like clean tap water, they don’t have. Yet you complain when you can't have your filtered water.

Grow your heart back to what it was six years ago, when you heard we were getting attacked and you wanted to help. Bring back that loyalty to our country that young men and women die for every day, which tens of thousands died for in the past so that we could live here and have the freedoms we have.

You don't have to add this on to the poem, but I wish you would so more than just my list of friends would get it.

Maybe ... just maybe, if more people see what I have wrote, and respect their homeland, maybe our country will get better.

~Kevin L

azreal4lyfe@hotmail.com

Send me a message if you want, it is up to you.

Send your hate mail, you agreeing mail; I don’t mind whatever it is, I’ll reply none the less.

I wrote that 2 years ago, and I've had some people help me with editing recently(Thanks LB & Oreo). This was something that I really enjoyed writing and still fully enjoy having.

Guest Horny©at

THAT'S FUCKING DEEP BRO, QQ'ING. That was very enjoyable.

Very nice. There are time I really don't like you. Sometimes you just seem an asshole to me. This shows that I'm wrong. Sometimes we need to step back and understand that this is not real life and we all have complete anonymity. So we don't always show our true colors. Something like this shows your true colors. The bottom was very well written and is very direct to the point. No bullshit opinions no beating around the bush just the emotions that we all felt and why we are who we are. What did happen to us. We put flags up for a short time after. Everyone had to have the magnetic bumper stickers on they're cars(can't make it permanent). Now those are faded and the flags sit in a box. We worry about the smallest things and forget what is truly important. Maybe more people should read E-mail like the one above. Just to remember what happened to all those family's.