Sign in to follow this  
Llethander

To those who rolled on Maelstrom

Alright, guys, we have a decision to make. I realize we have, at least a few of us, rolled alliance on Maelstrom and Prosak has moved his 51 over.

However, I've been talking with a friend about the upcoming Goblins vs Worgen and from what I've been hearing the Worgen are fucking retardedly lame in comparison. This is what I've been told:

Worgen:

+1% damage bonus

+15 skinning

And a sprint racial

The ability to be in either human or hybrid form (except while in combat. Combat is always hybrid)

Goblin:

+1% attack/cast speed

A bank every 30 minutes giving the CHEAPEST price at the stores REGARDLESS of their reputation.

+15 alchemy

A rocket belt that either launches them into the air or can be used as an attack.

The Worgen, while they look cool, are not really all that worth it. So the decision we have to make is do we want to stick with Alliance or, before we seriously dedicate to it, roll Horde.

As a bonus, however, because of the Payed Faction Change we can play both Horde and Alliance on the same server regardless of whether it's PvP or not. This means you don't have to delete your characters to create a Hordie and, if you want to, can continue to play that toon.

Myself, I prefer the horde over the alliance anyway so, honestly, my vote is toward the Horde side.

As another alternative, we could all roll on a new server. I think Maelstrom is fine, personally, but the server doesn't seem to be as active as I remember it, so if anyone has any server suggestions we could think that over as well. If we're all in this it's gotta be a group decision.

I'm setting up a vote to keep track of this. Please post your decision as well because I'm sure there will be those who are going to vote to be dicks.

Options:

1) Stick with Alliance on Maelstrom

2) Roll Horde on Maelstrom

3) Roll Alliance on a new server

4) Roll Horde on a new server

New thread is because it's gonna be confusing in the other thread.

TL;DR:

The Worgen will look cool but won't be anything special. I rolled Alliance because I was looking forward to the Worgen and I know that was the case for a couple of others here.

Also, and this is the most important part, the Maelstrom server activity seems to be a LOT lower than I remember it. I've barely seen anyone running anything other than ToC for the past few days.

WTF guys lets just stick alliance for now and which over to Horde when we get some lvl 80s. I personally just transfered and changed a char from Horde and I dont want to play horde atm. This will be my 1st Alliance Char ever

Lightbringer, I know, is a very active server. It's not PVP, though, which is a giant bummer. I could fund us all with my 80, too, 'cause I'm building myself quite a fortune.

That's only for Alliance, though, so I'm not sure about that part. I kinda wanna try Horde just to see if I can, and fuck, Goblins look like they'll be amazing with those racials.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm completely fine with rolling horde on Maelstrom. It sounds fun to me. It's different :3

Lets just make a Vote for which Servers for the Alliance Char and the Horde Char. I say we have Alliance on Maelstrom and roll Horde on something else. Maybe Mal'Ganis which is very active

I'd actually disagree. I've met tons more immature people on Horde than Alliance. Found a ton of extremely mature raiders on Lightbringer, except in PUGs. PUGs will always be terrible.

I've run into plenty of dicks on both Horde and Alliance. At the same time I've met a lot of good players on both Horde and Alliance.

Honestly, I don't care what we do. I just thought I'd bring this up to see what the general consensus is.

i say we just roll horde on maelstrom because ppl complain about alliance too fking much and lets not change servers its only inactive really in the low level areas but when we get to where we raid its pretty darn busy. so im keeping my Draenei Paladin and prolly working him till level 80 then just roll horde with you guys when the expan comes out.

Like I said in the other post, if you guys rolled Horde on Laughing SKull (PvP high population) I would help you guys a ton, and when you 80 I would be willing to lead a guild as the main tank. My warriors name is Penthercy on Laughing Skull take a look if you like.

Again, I'd actually really like to change my vote to horde on a new server. It seems like this would actually be the best solution to creating a guild. And if we do actually hit 80, he can definitely help us all out, heroics or not.

Again, I'd actually really like to change my vote to horde on a new server. It seems like this would actually be the best solution to creating a guild. And if we do actually hit 80, he can definitely help us all out, heroics or not.

Century lets find a realm dude. I'm on right now.

Im going to make the sG guild on LS with my alt. that way if you decide to come over It will be ready to go. I really hope you guys decide to come, I would really like to lead the sG guild to success!

Im going to make the sG guild on LS with my alt. that way if you decide to come over It will be ready to go. I really hope you guys decide to come, I would really like to lead the sG guild to success!

If you guys really start this up and the raid times are good I will do a server/faction transfer and off tank... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Bezit