Sign in to follow this  
Guest some fag

BioShock Demo

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Projectmayhem9 @ Sep 5 2007, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Are you dumb? UT3 was announced ON THE PS3 BEFORE IT WAS ANNOUNCED ON THE 360 idiot. And don't talk about Bioshock as something against the PS3 because it isn't exclusive to the 360.

Inferior console? The PS3 has great games and many, many great games coming up? What does the 360 have? Oh yeah Halo whoop-de-fucking-do.

Also, don't talk about paying off. Look at MS they spent 50 million to get two episodic content xclusive to the 360. Talk about money whores. If MS didn't have so much money the original Xbox would have failed and been discontinued.

BTW Lair is a great game. The trick to the motion control is not to spasm, if you do relaxed movements the controls are spot on. The reviewers also reviewed the game without the new system update. Factor 5 thought Sony would release it by the time Lair came out, but they didn't. It is now out and what thhe update does is make the Bluetooth smoother and more responsive.

Really? Pretty sure it was announced on PC first, numb nuts. It was announced on both 360 and PS3 at the same time. The only reasons that I can think of as to why its being released on PS3 first is because either Sony paid them a sum of money, or Epic is trying to pressure MS into things they normally wouldn't do (ie: user created mods).

PS3 has great games? Thats why its selling half as many consoles as the 360 and Wii, right? The supposedly great games it has doesn't justify the 600 dollars required to play them- unless you have that kind of money to waste.

What does 360 have? A better version of every ported game, Halo 3 (though I don't like it that much, it is much better than any game the PS3 has to date), BioShock (though it may be on PC, a majority of console buyers don't have PCs powerful enough to run them- and for them its an experience they can only get on the 360), Crackdown, Quake 4, Prey, Gears of War, Forza 2 (GT5 ain't got nothin' on this game but pretty graphics), Devil May Cry 4, Dead Rising, PGR 4, Fable 2, Stuntman: Ignition, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Blue Dragon, Chrome Hounds, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Overlord, and many more. Not to mention a superior online community, and a larger and higher quality download library, with faster downloads.

You, my friend, know not of which you speak. PS3 does not hold a candle to the 360.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Sep 5 2007, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Zeus, this here shows that games in their pre alpha stages can look amazing, this game has been in development for 4 months, that is not very much time considering games usually take about 2-3 years to completely make, not to mention, the same technology to make this game is being used for killzone 2 as well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24496.html

Naw, I love my ps3, I would however feel bad if my console had cheap faulty hardware in it, at least sony gives a fuck about their customers and fans.

That entire post is full of non-sense. The only way that game can look like that in 4 months is an enormous development team, not to mention that doesn't look that great- and thats DX10. Won't look nearly as good on consoles because of that.

MS obviously cares about their customers more- lets see... Free patches and updates to fix any problems that come out in a timely fashion- Sony JUST released their second patch for MotorStorm- to fix things that should have been fixed the first time; customer service that A), actually helps cool.gif, you can understand, and C) gets you on your way without a hitch; oh, lets not forget that it doesn't require a class action lawsuit for them to change things, unlike Sony.

You're a tard- plain and simple, so just stop talking before you dig yourself a deeper hole.

Well everyone is entitled to their personal opinion, I don't hate on people for liking the PS3 or Wii. Me, when the next-gen consoles just came up, I was a pure PS3 follower, but after awhile, I changed to 360, because PS3 was too expensive and I didn't really see a difference between the two consoles.

Oh yeah, about the 360 having "cheap faulty hardware" in it, MS increased the standard 1 year warranty to 3 years, everyone that paid to get their 360 repaired will be reimbursed in full, and MS is going to spend $1 billion repairing 360's.

zues project DO THE HAPPY DANCE this is gonna turn into a flame war. so just do the HAPPY dance

PS3 is getting better and better okay? we all agree.

and x box 360 is good too

there both good consoles from the point of view

NOW DO THE HAPPY DANCE

Lol this is already a flame war. Anyways, a lot of games that used to be exclusive to PS3 (Assassin's Creed, GTA, Devil May Cry, ETC) have also moved to the Xbox 360 because a lot of the publishers thought that the high price of the PS3 wouldn't sell as much, so they released their games to Xbox 360 as well, but PS3 still has a lot of strong titles that are still exclusive to it, such as Final Fantasy, God Of War, and Metal Gear Solid (I love this game), and Sony has also dropped the price of the PS3 to try and stop publishers from going multi-platform.

And the main issue....Why is the Wii not in this debate? Rather then fighting with PS3 and 360 who has the best graphics and cutting edge technology, Nintendo decided to take a different approach and change the way most games play, that being the motion controllers. And because Nintendo is the only company that makes just games out of the three, it has a strong background since all of it's previous consoles were extremely successful. It also has amazing games that are exclusive to it, such as Metroid Prime, Mario and Super Smash Bros. Wii is also the cheapest console out of all 3 by far. To top it all off, Wii is one of (if not, the) best system to get if you host a lot of parties. The only downside to it is that some of it's games are childish (in my opinion, I'm more of a bloody/core person) and it's boring if you play alone =(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («Z£µ§.:GØû @ Sep 5 2007, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That entire post is full of non-sense. The only way that game can look like that in 4 months is an enormous development team, not to mention that doesn't look that great- and thats DX10. Won't look nearly as good on consoles because of that.

MS obviously cares about their customers more- lets see... Free patches and updates to fix any problems that come out in a timely fashion- Sony JUST released their second patch for MotorStorm- to fix things that should have been fixed the first time; customer service that A), actually helps cool.gif, you can understand, and C) gets you on your way without a hitch; oh, lets not forget that it doesn't require a class action lawsuit for them to change things, unlike Sony.

You're a tard- plain and simple, so just stop talking before you dig yourself a deeper hole.

haha, are you serious? You call me a tard because you spend your social time reading about console wars, you know shit about making of games, the way a game looks in 4 months has nothing to do with DX10,"oh wait, its probably HARDER who would have figured," secondly Killzone 2 DOES have an enormous development team... 135 people, compared to a normal development team of like 30-60 people, don't call me a tard because I know less in a subject, when you know nothing in another, keep denying the FACTS that I post.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

not to mention that doesn't look that great

... it looks better than any console game, and it isn't even finished!

PS- Yes i'm really very sure that microsoft cares about their customers, shipping out a faulty gaming console for some quick $, which bit them in the ass when the RROD started happening, and that 3 year warranty doesn't mean shit, they would have been sued probably a million times if they hadn't put that out, don't forget that they charge you to play games online when you just pitched out $300 for the console, thats what I call love of the customers right there, Sony takes a hit in the wallet so you can enjoy their product.

Ok, zeus, let me break this all down, just for you smile.gif

PRE-alpha

This zeus is the stage before alpha as you can probably put together by yourself, The pre-alpha stage of a game is not complete, but it is used to refer to all activities performed during pre-software testing, it consists of, Software design, software development, requirements analysis and unit testing, thus meaning it doesn't have to look like "shit," and saying a game has to look like shit just because its in tech or pre-alpha is just complete ignorants.

ok.. Alpha

Alpha as you know isn't finished either, but it does hit all the software requirments, this stage means the game is around 30-40% done, thats about it, except for all the bugs and issues, like AI and physical property problems.

Beta, yay!

This is the stage where the game is nearly complete, about 80% depending on how big the game is, but this is when they put all the finishing touches on a title so they can ship it out for some $.

Completed version, hooray

Well, this is when its done, this is where they think they have all the issues fixed and untangled, and where they take your beta away :\, but you get to go buy it for $60.

Really? Pretty sure it was announced on PC first, numb nuts. It was announced on both 360 and PS3 at the same time. The only reasons that I can think of as to why its being released on PS3 first is because either Sony paid them a sum of money, or Epic is trying to pressure MS into things they normally wouldn't do (ie: user created mods).

PS3 has great games? Thats why its selling half as many consoles as the 360 and Wii, right? The supposedly great games it has doesn't justify the 600 dollars required to play them- unless you have that kind of money to waste.

What does 360 have? A better version of every ported game, Halo 3 (though I don't like it that much, it is much better than any game the PS3 has to date), BioShock (though it may be on PC, a majority of console buyers don't have PCs powerful enough to run them- and for them its an experience they can only get on the 360), Crackdown, Quake 4, Prey, Gears of War, Forza 2 (GT5 ain't got nothin' on this game but pretty graphics), Devil May Cry 4, Dead Rising, PGR 4, Fable 2, Stuntman: Ignition, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Blue Dragon, Chrome Hounds, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Overlord, and many more. Not to mention a superior online community, and a larger and higher quality download library, with faster downloads.

You, my friend, know not of which you speak. PS3 does not hold a candle to the 360.

There you go again saying how the 360 is so superior compared to the PS3, when are you just going to admit the PS3 is at least at the same level as the 360, since you won't admit it's better. And you say the 360 has a better version of every ported game? Lol, that's funny, that may be true for now, Microsoft just got lucky this time around because they released their console first, but even so, they can't stop the Dominating march of time, which will bring Sony's Success with it soon enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwitchBlade @ Sep 5 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

There you go again saying how the 360 is so superior compared to the PS3, when are you just going to admit the PS3 is at least at the same level as the 360, since you won't admit it's better. And you say the 360 has a better version of every ported game? Lol, that's funny, that may be true for now, Microsoft just got lucky this time around because they released their console first, but even so, they can't stop the Dominating march of time, which will bring Sony's Success with it soon enough.

Exactly, and that is what sony is known for, get used to it.

I just found out that sony has more revenue than microsoft, I always thought microsoft had more money, meh.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Sep 5 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

haha, are you serious? You call me a tard because you spend your social time reading about console wars, you know shit about making of games, the way a game looks in 4 months has nothing to do with DX10,"oh wait, its probably HARDER who would have figured," secondly Killzone 2 DOES have an enormous development team... 135 people, compared to a normal development team of like 30-60 people, don't call me a tard because I know less in a subject, when you know nothing in another, keep denying the FACTS that I post.

... it looks better than any console game, and it isn't even finished!

PS- Yes i'm really very sure that microsoft cares about their customers, shipping out a faulty gaming console for some quick $, which bit them in the ass when the RROD started happening, and that 3 year warranty doesn't mean shit, they would have been sued probably a million times if they hadn't put that out, don't forget that they charge you to play games online when you just pitched out $300 for the console, thats what I call love of the customers right there, Sony takes a hit in the wallet so you can enjoy their product.

Sorry, bub, but social time would be time that I spend with my friends... Which I have been doing a lot lately- hanging out with friends. I have researched this shit when I decided to buy the 360- oh, and I researched all the benchmarks when the PS3 was released. Also, since I'm so into games, I get all this info on when I read up on different things. Its not like I gained all my knowledge at once, it accumulated over a period of time.

You have posted no facts. Killzone 2 has been in developement for more than 4 months I KNOW, and I KNOW, that even with a huge developement team, that IS NOT pre-alpha, and is likely in alpha and entering beta. Its common sense, but I guess you don't have any.

It doesn't look better than any console game- what the fuck are you smoking? It must be good, to blind you that much.

First, MS hasn't been sued over RROD, and has DEFINITELY not had a class action law suit ordered over the RROD. Knowledge is power, and you're pretty weak. They didn't send out faulty units, numb nuts- again, research the issue. They sent out units they refurbished- and for your tiny brain, that means they fixed it. But the reason they failed is a combination of the customer and the fact that the 360's cooling isn't the greatest (though sufficient if you put it in a ventilated area)- thats why you don't hear about the recently repaired units failing- that extra heat-sink is doing it's job quite well.

I, and 10 million others enjoy our 360s, and roughly 9 million enjoy their Xbox LIVE service as well... But you must understand- you get what you pay for. We have MUCH faster download speeds than your PSN, a MUCH larger arcade/video/demo library, great customer support JUST for LIVE (yeah, it gets it's own department), a public community forum that supports all your info (achievements [oh, thats another thing that makes LIVE and the 360 so great], gamerscore, gamer picture, played games, etc), and all the chat and messaging features that you guys have- only ours are more integrated, snappier, and easier to use (yes, I recently used a PS3, and its nothing like LIVE's service).

Sony is hurting in their pockets because they spent too much money/time on Blu-ray and the Cell for minor and rare performance increases. They are now frantically spending money (Warhawk servers, anyone?) to try and make the system appealing- a few problems though: too expensive, not many good/great games (certainly no system sellers), and mediocre online service. Maybe Home will fix the latter bit, but doesn't seem like it. Who the Hell wants to play The Sims to join a game?

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Sep 5 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Ok, zeus, let me break this all down, just for you smile.gif

PRE-alpha

This zeus is the stage before alpha as you can probably put together by yourself, The pre-alpha stage of a game is not complete, but it is used to refer to all activities performed during pre-software testing, it consists of, Software design, software development, requirements analysis and unit testing, thus meaning it doesn't have to look like "shit," and saying a game has to look like shit just because its in tech or pre-alpha is just complete ignorants.

ok.. Alpha

Alpha as you know isn't finished either, but it does hit all the software requirments, this stage means the game is around 30-40% done, thats about it, except for all the bugs and issues, like AI and physical property problems.

Beta, yay!

This is the stage where the game is nearly complete, about 80% depending on how big the game is, but this is when they put all the finishing touches on a title so they can ship it out for some $.

Completed version, hooray

Well, this is when its done, this is where they think they have all the issues fixed and untangled, and where they take your beta away :\, but you get to go buy it for $60.

You're right for the most part- only, the alpha doesn't have to look like shit, actually, it won't look completed- and that looks completed. That is AT LEAST in it's alpha stages.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwitchBlade @ Sep 5 2007, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Really? PS3 is on par with the 360? Then tell me why they are losing games, developers, and sales.

Heres the thing on the ported games. The difference between PS2 and Xbox ports- well, there hardly was any, and the Xbox was released 2 years after the PS2 as a newcomer. The 360 and the PS3- the tech is very different, and programming or porting a game can and is very hard for the developers. Even the best made ports for the PS3 don't look or play as well as the 360 version, so we are getting the better end of the deal, whether or not the 360 was released first (and I know, of course, it was).

Dominating march of time? Sony will be hurting for quite a while. They are getting no system sellers, and not enough quality games- mostly just ports. I'm not saying they won't have any, but not enough to make the 600 dollars more palpable than it is now.

Sony is failing, and most likely will continue to fail unless they drastically change the PS3. That means water it down. Keep the main components- GPU, CPU, and Blu-ray. Cut the Bluetooth, WiFi, card readers, that tacky silver trim, and allow for directly connected controllers- no wireless anything. That would drop the price down to a competitive level. Then they would have to hurry up with Home, even if it doesn't have a hope or a dream of saving anything, and they need to start supporting their games and getting patches out to fix flaws. THEN, and ONLY then, will Sony be able to compete.

Well zeus, I guess you can't read, because I never said they "got" sued, I said they would have most likely if they didn't dish out that 3 year warranty, by saying that, I meant that the 3 year warranty was the only way they could keep selling the faulty units.

small brain? yes your brain is so huge compared to mine.

Also, I never said killzone 2 was 4 months in development, I was simply trying to prove to you, which I guess you can't get past your thick ego/skull, that games don't necessarily have to look bad in tech/pre-alpha...

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Sep 6 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Well zeus, I guess you can't read, because I never said they "got" sued, I said they would have most likely if they didn't dish out that 3 year warranty, by saying that, I meant that the 3 year warranty was the only way they could keep selling the faulty units.

small brain? yes your brain is so huge compared to mine.

Also, I never said killzone 2 was 4 months in development, I was simply trying to prove to you, which I guess you can't get past your thick ego/skull, that games don't necessarily have to look bad in tech/pre-alpha...

You're not helping your argument, so just shut up. Arguing with you is like arguing with a child. You deny all the facts and talk as if you know what you're talking about. This thread is over. You're wrong- get over it.

Oh, and BioShock is a AAA game.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Sep 6 2007, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What were you trying to say? I'm a retard? Seems to be the only thing you can say when you are in a debate.

A debate requires two people who understand both sides. You obviously don't. If this is a debate, then you would have lost miles ago.

No this thread has many debates, and if you can't get that then you should just shut up, the first was about whether the ps3 was better than 360 in hardware, then it went on to the titles that were coming out and RROD, then to processing power, and now I am talking about the development of games, but since you know nothing on the issue you call me names, and insult me like a 12 year old.

You're not helping your argument

Explain please?

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Sep 7 2007, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No this thread has many debates, and if you can't get that then you should just shut up, the first was about whether the ps3 was better than 360 in hardware, then it went on to the titles that were coming out and RROD, then to processing power, and now I am talking about the development of games, but since you know nothing on the issue you call me names, and insult me like a 12 year old.

No, the first debate had everything to do with BioShock. Then your dumbass came in and started talking about how bad the 360 was and that the RROD was due to crappy construction or some shit. This all came out of that. The 360 is an all around better machine. If you can't handle that- then I don't care, you have no idea what you're talking about. You try to bring up the RROD but you have no idea what causes it and you don't realize the little fact that it can easily be prevented.

The 360 has MORE system selling games, and more games with higher overall quality than the PS3. We are also getting all the better versions of the ports (imagine that).

That is fact. If you don't like or agree with that, well, then that would prove your blind fanboyism.

360 has MORE general processing power due to its 3 general processing cores. The Cell has 1 (one, une, uno) general processing core. The Cell can ONLY best the Xenon in 2 (two, deux, dos) areas, and that is AI and physics, and that is only a boost of 10% MAXIMUM over Xenon. Seeing as how

games consist mostly of general coding, the Xenon over powers the Cell. When it comes to physics, the Xenon can generally do better than the Cell, because in order to get anywhere near a 10% processing efficiency in AI and physics with the Cell, the game has to be coded for damn near perfectly.

That is the simple fact, and if you don't agree with it- fine. You're wrong.

Development in games. Pre-alpha doesn't and never will look finished- not like Killzone 2 does. Alpha is the first real test of the game. Before that, its all design, and there is no real playable mock up.

Again, if you don't like that, fine- you're just plain wrong.

I call you names when you act stupid- like you are right now. This has never been a debate- just you spouting utter bullshit. I know far more on these issues than you do.

Everything I have posted is PURE fact.

Explain please?

Posting bullshit helps no one's arguments.

Get over it, and shut up.

Guest some fag

Yeah, Switch, interesting read, but that doesn't change the fact that the Xenon has more general processing power- and since games consist mostly of simple code, the Xenon is a better choice, because it can handle that majority of code with ease, its much easier to program for, and a less expensive option, that gives you the best of both worlds (yeah, the Cell CAN do better in AI or physics, but not much better than the Xenon).

Its simple buddy, the Xenon is all around more powerful.

I didn't start shit, I just backed this guy up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Emerald_Flame @ Aug 14 2007, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That’s a little rough, I totally hated Halo 2, my biggest letdown of last gen ( I sold the game 1 month after release i hated it so much), but I was pleasantly surprised with Halo 3 beta.

Back on topic, I hate MS at this moment as my 360 got the joyous RROD a couple weeks ago so i cant DL the demo. Lucily its being shipped back now and is due in Friday, just in time for the full game.

And you've posted about these supposed "PURE facts," but you never give me any factual links, probably because you believe some retards on blogs forums, not to mention you go by a analysis thats older than the ps3.

And don't even try to argue with me about pre-alpha.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («Z£µ§.:GØû @ Sep 5 2007, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

WTF? LOL! UT 2007 was announced for PS3 before 360 so get your act straight. And don't talk about money as MS paid 50 million for two fucking GTA episodes. They don't have anyhting better to do thanb spend.

Crackdown, Quake 4, Prey, Gears of War, Forza 2 (GT5 ain't got nothin' on this game but pretty graphics), Devil May Cry 4, Dead Rising, PGR 4, Fable 2, Stuntman: Ignition, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Blue Dragon, Chrome Hounds, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Overlord,

Ones in bold are not exclusive.

Congrats out of that list around 7 are exclusive and Chromehounds sucked so it should be more like 6.

Guest some fag

Project, all I have to say is: you're a total retard. UT3 was announced on PC first- then 360 and PS3 at the SAME TIME. Those games ARE exclusive next-gen console wise. And thats not all we got.

360 exclusives:

http://www.siliconera.com/2006/10/18/battl...ole-exclusives/

PS3 exclusives:

http://www.siliconera.com/2006/10/18/battl...e-exclusives/2/

Mickit, just shut up- I've argued with children who know more on this topic than you do.

talk about flaming on all sides. zeus is right in the fact that the 360 is a more powerful machine, and the RRoD is not really an issue. i got one the first month sent it back MS also gave me a free copy of CoD3.