Sign in to follow this  
Guest some fag

BioShock Demo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («Z£µ§.:GØû @ Aug 19 2007, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

and get this, still cheaper to produce than a single Blu-ray

So, doesn't affect me, I still pay the same price as you do for my version of the game.

Summation of thread so far:

mickit: PS3 > Xbox360

Zeus: Xbox > PS3

everyone else: the thread is about bioshock

Mickit & Zeus: SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT BIOSHOCK JEEZ

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 20 2007, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

So, doesn't affect me, I still pay the same price as you do for my version of the game.

Yeah, and having more than one disc doesn't affect me in any way, either- so there really is no issue on storage. That means that we don't miss out on anything and its still cheaper for them to produce. The reason production costs is an issue is because they aren't going to want to put out more than one disc if its too expensive.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rizan @ Aug 20 2007, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Summation of thread so far:

mickit: PS3 > Xbox360

Zeus: Xbox > PS3

everyone else: the thread is about bioshock

Mickit & Zeus: SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT BIOSHOCK JEEZ

Ok, so I thought we weren't talking about BioShock. How could we stop if we weren't talking about it in the first place?

Anyway, I have been talking about BioShock, Mr I don't pay attention, I just got caught in a different conversation. n00b

JustFetus, the PC version is coming to Steam, so I don't think you'll be able to torrent it. Then again, I don't know much about stealing games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («Z£µ§.:GØû @ Aug 21 2007, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yeah, and having more than one disc doesn't affect me in any way, either- so there really is no issue on storage. That means that we don't miss out on anything and its still cheaper for them to produce. The reason production costs is an issue is because they aren't going to want to put out more than one disc if its too expensive.

keep telling yourself that, but when the 8 layer 200gb blu-ray disc comes out, it will be money saved for a lot of people.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 21 2007, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

keep telling yourself that, but when the 8 layer 200gb blu-ray disc comes out, it will be money saved for a lot of people.

Except for the fact that it will be expensive as Hell to produce, and have absolutely no possible use for todays or tomorrow's media.

People who actually think Blu-ray is something special are people who are blinded by Sony's jizz.

Whatever, 6 out of 8 major movie studios support blu-ray.

There is nothing better about HD-DVD than blu-ray when it comes to games and HD

[Edit] I like those attempts at insulting me too, it really shows your age.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 21 2007, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Whatever, 6 out of 8 major movie studios support blu-ray.

There is nothing better about HD-DVD than blu-ray when it comes to games and HD

[Edit] I like those attempts at insulting me too, it really shows your age.

Yes, there is. Production costs- MUCH cheaper. If Sony would have gone HD-DVD, you might have seen 50-100 dollars taken off the price tag, and it would have gotten the job done just as well.

There is, however, nothing better about Blu-ray than HD-DVD other than size, and size really isn't an issue past 15-20GB if that.

Oh, and the only reason I say that is because you are blind to whats going on- rather you're just going on what Sony and popular belief says- whether or not its true.

Kinda like how you believe some random person who makes comparisons, and posts it on a website, even though it is now clear that the ps3 is better in the graphic area.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 21 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Kinda like how you believe some random person who makes comparisons, and posts it on a website, even though it is now clear that the ps3 is better in the graphic area.

LOL! How is it "now clear" that the PS3 has better graphics? The 360 is an all around more powerful machine, and that shows in graphics.

Blind PS3 fanboy- Oh, and those comparisons are factual, because they are taken from actual test results and real world numbers. Nice try though, but they aren't bullshit.

Maybe if the comparisons were like [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo1oBS7l-1E&mode=related&search=]this[/ame]...

err... i downloaded the BioShock demo and this is what I get.

no visible cursor

and.. this o_o

d4a1deab7b7c19bf02a6c461ce039a88e5471a5a.jpg

might be because my card isn't supported... idk sad.gif

min req is x1300 for ati, i have a x800 o.o it plays most games on high, so, bacon.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 22 2007, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Name 1 game that tops Killzone 2's pre-pre alpha gameplay graphics.

Are you kidding? Please tell me you're joking, because Killzone 2 doesn't look that impressive.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NicNeverExisted @ Aug 22 2007, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

no visible cursor

and.. this o_o

min req is x1300 for ati, i have a x800 o.o it plays most games on high, so, bacon.

X800? BLECH! Dude, first your problem is you have an ATI- second, you have a REALLY OLD CARD.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NicNeverExisted @ Aug 22 2007, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

no visible cursor

and.. this o_o

Lmao this looks really bad. My computer can run the game on full resolution and it looks even better than in real life lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («Z£µ§.:GØû @ Aug 22 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Are you kidding? Please tell me you're joking, because Killzone 2 doesn't look that impressive.

Are you blind..?

killzone-2-20070710042144618.jpg

killzone-2-20070711011953660.jpg

They have more than half a year to polish these graphics up too.

Guest some fag

Are you blind?

call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-20070620060035926.jpg

call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-20070712042006082.jpg

call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-20070711021145477.jpg

Killzone 2 isn't that great- especially when that opening to the E3 trailer was CGI. Get over yourself, you're being foolish.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

this game is exactly like doom3. cool weapons, good story. The only thing I have with this gmae is that the story line might drag on forever thus cauing uber bordom. I don't know but the demo made it like you were just going around different places pwning people.

Bought it tonight. Played for a while. I have a somewhat dated computer.

2.4 Ghz?, 2.8? Ghz, single core processer

1G ram

ATI x1600, non-PCI express card

It seemed to run ok at 1024 x 768 but it was definitely smoother at 800 x 600. It looks much better at higher detail but it still looks great at poorer detail levels.

Enemies can be a real bitch to kill. Some are very challenging. Set them on fire and they will run to find water and put themselves out, heal themselves, etc.. You can spend a lot of time just improving your character by gaining new powers, hacking computers to turn gun turrets on enemies, etc.. And there are lots of hidden things that you do not have to go after, but which can be fun and rewarding.

And why the fuk are people underwater

To escape what they saw as the tyranny of the governments of the rest of the world. As in Atlas Shrugged, the world's leaders left modern society behind to create their own version of Utopia, where the governments of the world would never seize their wealth or limit their creative potentials.

and how the hell does this so called "jack" not know about it

It was hidden under water?

and is wanting to help that guy? At first I thought it was some city that only a majority of people knew about and the setting seems to be in a modern day setting

The city is art deco (see: Empire state buiding) and while I'm not sure they ever give a date for when it was founded, it looks to have been built in the 1920s and 1930s. This would make sense considering the entire foundation of the story is based on Atlas Shrugged, which was written turn this time period.

The game play takes place in 1960.

The technology these people created is highly advanced because they attracted the best and the brightest to work and research there, unfettered by government regulation. However their genetic experimentation led to the disaster you end up playing through.

wtf.. CoD4 is in its ending stages of beta, non of those screen shots are even gameplay, and the character models still don't look as good as KZ2's.

get over myself? Get over yourself, you have the biggest fucking god complex.

After winning the Special Commendation Award for Graphics, Guerrila Games' managing director Hermen Hulst answered some questions about their reaction to getting such a prize, especially after all the hype and expectation. Since playability of your title was a requirement for getting nominated, Hulst is particularly flattered.

About all that hype and expectation, Hulst commented that while the 2005 E3 trailer was ambitious, it remained achievable. They fully intend to live up to the promise of the original trailer and will work on the game until they feel it's ready for the public. Since they got an award that only playable games should have been considered for, we also think they're moving on the right track. The final product will undoubtedly look far superior to even the demo we saw at E3 07.

Pre-alpha gameplay means you can expect it to look about 2x or more better when its finished.

And I am done arguing about this stupid crap.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 23 2007, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

wtf.. CoD4 is in its ending stages of beta, non of those screen shots are even gameplay, and the character models still don't look as good as KZ2's.

get over myself? Get over yourself, you have the biggest fucking god complex.

Pre-alpha gameplay means you can expect it to look about 2x or more better when its finished.

And I am done arguing about this stupid crap.

CoD4 is just now getting onto the beta bit of the game- its not "ending it's stages of beta." Those screenshots are whats going to be in the game itself. No CoD game has ever switched from in-game graphics to cinematic.

Yeah, get over yourself. You like to think you know more than you actually do, and you need to stop, because you just end up looking stupid.

That is NOT pre-Alpha gameplay. There wouldn't be that much to show if it was pre-Alpha, and it sure as Hell wouldn't be that good. A lot of what you have seen in those trailers is CGI- not to mention there are better looking games.

Good, stop arguing, because its getting annoying arguing with a wall.

It certainly fucking is in its pre-alpha stage, and if you think a game cant look good in its alpha stages then you know nothing about the making of video games.

Look up the fucking facts please.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 23 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It certainly fucking is in its pre-alpha stage, and if you think a game cant look good in its alpha stages then you know nothing about the making of video games.

Look up the fucking facts please.

So you're saying they had everything that polished and that good looking pre-alpha? Thats not possible, bud. Maybe bits, but not the entire thing. It seems as if you've been fooled by Sony YET again.