Sign in to follow this  
Guest some fag

BioShock Demo

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Secure @ Aug 14 2007, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

This game looks absolutely horrible, it looks too fucking distracting for some bullshit, way too unrealistic. This is a waste of money, DO NOT BUY IT! I'M WARNING YOU!

You can't be serious.

Guest Phoenix2

The plot is shit. Enough said.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phoenix2 @ Aug 14 2007, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The plot is shit. Enough said.

Speaking of shit, I smell Halo...

I suppose Halo's plot is better, right? http://img130.imagevenue.com/view.php?imag...5_122_344lo.jpg

Thats a picture of OXM and they gave it a 10/10 and one of the reasons is the "Inconceivably great plot."

There were other reviews that I saw, but I can't fucking find them... I'll repost when I do...

EDIT: K, some other reviews. Two 100 percents (10/10 and a 5/5), a 95% and a 96%

PC Zone:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

BioShock is an expertly crafted game in every respect, a truly worthy successor to what's considered one of the PC's greatest games, and a game that, we feel, will be a milestone in PC gaming. Never has the medium been used as a storytelling device in such a beautiful and engaging way, and never have we been drawn so deeply into a gameworld. Long live Rapture.

Graphics: Looks like an art-deco city under the water should

Sound: Atmospheric, from the old-fashioned soundtrack to the superb dialogue

Multiplayer: None - you're all alone down there

The Good:

* Captivating, well-told story

* Movie quality voice-acting and script

* Emergent combat allows for huge variation in tactics

* The soundtrack, the locations, the visuals

* The many, many Plasmids and the brilliant final levels

The Bad:

* At one point it ends

OVERALL SCORE: 96/100

PC Gamer:

These are the big challenges developers have been struggling to master for decades; narrative, emergence, a sense of place. If another game did just one of these as well as Bioshock, it would immediately qualify as a classic. When a game comes along that does all three, we can only be baffled and thankful. I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. Bioshock has five.

A dark and astonishing masterpiece.

Disturbing and spectacular.

It's:

-A horror game

-A long game

-A Shock game

It's not:

-Bugged

-Demanding

-About killing kids

Sublime, 95%

This is a snippet from OXM's review:

BioShock is a novel compressed into a first-person shooter. It manages to be both a tricky, exciting action game, a fascinating creation of an enclosed world and a deep enquiry about what it means to be human - a trick most action movies and books fail to achieve. It also plays with you at every stage, confounding your expectations and your control over events repeatedly, from your control over your weapons, Plasmids, plot, self...

And this is where we have to stop ourselves - we don't want to spoil it. What we can tell you is you'll be playing this game for months to come, exchanging story elements to build up the bigger picture, and arguing about what it all means. Come, join the argument, play the impossible game.

Garnett Lee from a 1UP Yours podcast:

On Game of the Year possibilities:

Takes the big-assed steel gauntlet and throws it the **** down in front of any other game this year for game of the year.

On graphics:

Absolute showpiece for the 360... The ****? This is amazing!

On the pacing:

The best pacing in a FPS ever

On the AI:

Phenomenal

On the whole:

This game for me is the game that finally trumps playing through the original Half-Life...there's always that sense of stuff that will surprise you.

Once you pick up the controller and go into Rapture you won't want to put it down.

I suppose its still got a shitty plot and is an equally shitty game, P2?

Oh, and that 5/5 was from Gamer.tv.

One last thing for now- I'll try to find you some more reviews on this situation.

EDIT2: Found another 10/10 review... http://gamers-creed.com/?p=217

Sift through that...

Zeus, the red ring of death is caused by unstrategic placing of the "gpu" I think or some important hardware piece, when it gets too hot, which isn't very hot, the metal expands and it loosens then eventually falls off.

It is no ones fault but the developers.

"Halo 3 will be the exact same thing as Halo 2" - So true.

Bioshock looks nice though, can't wait for it to come to PC. You guys just can't appreciate puzzle solving and strategy >.>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyler @ Aug 14 2007, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

NOTHING WILL BEAT THE ALMIGHTY HALO 3 BITCHES!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe not it sales, but halo's game play won't be anything special..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nero @ Aug 13 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I don't know about that because I had a really dated graphics card after I got HL2 and my friends said at best I could get it to run on medium but I ended up being able to run it on high. Then I was also able to play Oblivion after that came out on the same pc with the same graphics card on high.

I'd like to get another gig of ram though since it's recommended to have 2 gigs of ram for the pc.

Lol, has anyone noticed that Nero only posts in threads about games/technology?

Ok, I got bioshock demo also had 1 month xbox live trial so yay smile.gif

So, I played the game and almost shit my pants at the first stage before the sub elevator or whatever to go to rapture. But, I finished it and was pretty good so 10/10

I tried looking for halo 3 since my friend said it was out. I can't find it Is it out for demo?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustFetus @ Aug 14 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Lol, has anyone noticed that Nero only posts in threads about games/technology?

That was the first time I posted in about a month. Before that most threads other than games and tech were drama threads. And UV Drama is dull.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 14 2007, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Zeus, the red ring of death is caused by unstrategic placing of the "gpu" I think or some important hardware piece, when it gets too hot, which isn't very hot, the metal expands and it loosens then eventually falls off.

It is no ones fault but the developers.

No, its not. If its overheating, its because of the owner. Pure and simple- otherwise every console would be overheating.

What you're thinking of is the CPU's "X-plate" mount for the heat-sink, and that happens as a result of insufficient cooling- again, mainly the customer's fault- and I have noticed that people who have problems (some of my friends) are people who don't take care of it and don't give it enough ventilation. For example, they had it on the floor on carpet, and toss articles of clothing on it like socks, shirts, etc... All my friends (I mean all of the ones who haven't had problems, which is 9 of them out of 12) who haven't have taken care of them (I have seen how the treat them to understand this).

Just as I have taken care of mine, I haven't had a single problem. From my experience its all the consumer's fault if it does overheat.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 14 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Maybe not it sales, but halo's game play won't be anything special..

What I said before was sarcasm, as I resent the amount of hype and publicity it gets even though its the same thing. Its still going to be a solid game and is still going to be very fun offline and in 4-player co-op. Even the multiplayer might be good this time, now that the weapons are more balanced (played the beta), and I kinda want to use that fucking Elephant- its basically a huge tank- kind of like the Sandcrawler from Starwars... You can fit vehicles in it and use it as an armored carrier, and weapons and vehicles even spawn inside- but either way, it will be the same and there was always something special about Halo's gameplay...

Anyway, its not like the PS3 is getting anything that can compare to the Xbox's line-up so, I'm happen.

<div align='CENTER'><div align='center'>

BIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOS

HOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCK

BIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOS

HOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCKBIOSHOCK

</div>

</div>

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cloud¤A-Bot @ Aug 14 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Ok, I got bioshock demo also had 1 month xbox live trial so yay smile.gif

So, I played the game and almost shit my pants at the first stage before the sub elevator or whatever to go to rapture. But, I finished it and was pretty good so 10/10

I tried looking for halo 3 since my friend said it was out. I can't find it Is it out for demo?

No, there was the Halo 3 beta, and that was on limited amounts of copies of Crackdown. That beta was released for a few weeks, and then went away. There is an in-house beta called "Halo 3 Epsilon" but thats only to the devs and friends and family of the devs.

As far as the demo goes, I couldn't really tell cut-scene from gameplay. It was amazing, and from the reviews its gotten, its a shoe in for Game of the Year.

I also don't know where P2 goes off saying it has a shitty plot... Thats one of the things that the reviews complimented on... I guess hes just a Halo 3 fanboy...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («Z£µ§.:GØû @ Aug 15 2007, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No, there was the Halo 3 beta, and that was on limited amounts of copies of Crackdown. That beta was released for a few weeks, and then went away. There is an in-house beta called "Halo 3 Epsilon" but thats only to the devs and friends and family of the devs.

As far as the demo goes, I couldn't really tell cut-scene from gameplay. It was amazing, and from the reviews its gotten, its a shoe in for Game of the Year.

I also don't know where P2 goes off saying it has a shitty plot... Thats one of the things that the reviews complimented on... I guess hes just a Halo 3 fanboy...

To each their own. Me I find it kinda silly a Russian building a society that could succeed? lol I'm sorry but that's just funny XD Other than that it seems great in story.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nero @ Aug 14 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

To each their own. Me I find it kinda silly a Russian building a society that could succeed? lol I'm sorry but that's just funny XD Other than that it seems great in story.

Doesn't matter, the story from what I have heard sounds great, and all the reviews have complimented on it, so I guess how "funny" it sounds doesn't matter.

Read Atlas Shrugged. The plot borrows heavily from both the story and her real-life circumstance. (Rand herself fled the Soviet Union, came to the US, and saw America making the same mistakes the Soviets had made in the 1930s with FDR's New Deal. This was the impetus for her work as an author.)

Lol, you shouldn't have to treat your xbox like a baby for it to survive, and it is a proven fact that it was a unstrategic placement.

They did stress tests on ps3's

1. They put a ps3 in a freezer that went below 0 degrees for multiple hours, and the only reason it shut off is because the power cord got too wet and moist.

2. They put another one in a Sauna where it reaches 120 degrees, it played for 108 hours, they took it out only because it was starting to burn and give off fumes, but it still played after it was out.

360 just isn't durable.

BTW, Warhawk is going to be a good ps3 title.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 15 2007, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Lol, you shouldn't have to treat your xbox like a baby for it to survive, and it is a proven fact that it was a unstrategic placement.

They did stress tests on ps3's

1. They put a ps3 in a freezer that went below 0 degrees for multiple hours, and the only reason it shut off is because the power cord got too wet and moist.

2. They put another one in a Sauna where it reaches 120 degrees, it played for 108 hours, they took it out only because it was starting to burn and give off fumes, but it still played after it was out.

360 just isn't durable.

BTW, Warhawk is going to be a good ps3 title.

Well the PS2 definitely makes up for the PS3's lack of hardware issues. Either way, I haven't treated mine like baby (or I have, and I should never have kids), as I have dropped it a few times (about 1 foot onto tile) and left it on for 2 weeks on accident when I went to Florida (in a pretty damn confined space and little ventilation)- got back and started playing from where I left it paused at.

Warhawk won't compare to Ace Combat 06 or the rest of the 360's lineup.

EDIT: Read up on that PS3 stress test on Engadget. It is impressive, but it could be bloated. It wasn't done by a third party, but done by Sony themselves- and knowing Sony, they are probably lying their asses off.

Either way, the 360 is a very reliable console if you treat it right- not to mention if you DO have a problem, you have a 3 year warranty with free repair, so no reason to fret.

Guest Pinacolada

Can't argue with Zeus people because he knows best. He's the Omniscient Oracle of our time so don't you dare challenge him on the 360 ring of fire.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinacolada @ Aug 15 2007, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Can't argue with Zeus people because he knows best. He's the Omniscient Oracle of our time so don't you dare challenge him on the 360 ring of fire.

First of all. LOL @ that comment. Second, I think that bioshock game looks a lot like doom 3, I bet it plays a lot like it too. I really liked Doom 3 not for the graphics or anything but just because the monsters and the theme of the game is really fucked up. Honestly tho, My favorite single player games are still the 2 max paynes. I really hope to god they make Max Payne 3, as a movie is going to be released shortly which should be fuckin awesome. I wish Max Payne was a multiplayer game somehow because I would fuckin own at it. I never use a crosshair, I am 1337 at max payne.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinacolada @ Aug 15 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm sorry, but PS3 fanboys are blinded when it comes down to situations like this. And out of all the people here, I do know best, at least in this situation. I have researched the issue and have personal experience with the machine and quite a few people who have them.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Aug 15 2007, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

First of all. LOL @ that comment. Second, I think that bioshock game looks a lot like doom 3, I bet it plays a lot like it too. I really liked Doom 3 not for the graphics or anything but just because the monsters and the theme of the game is really fucked up. Honestly tho, My favorite single player games are still the 2 max paynes. I really hope to god they make Max Payne 3, as a movie is going to be released shortly which should be fuckin awesome. I wish Max Payne was a multiplayer game somehow because I would fuckin own at it. I never use a crosshair, I am 1337 at max payne.

Looks nothing like Doom 3... It has some traits in the trailers that can be confused with the Doom 3 engine's architectural design, but its actually UE3. The graphics are insane, and in game, it looks nothing like Doom 3.

And no, from what I've played in the demo, its nothing like Doom 3.

Personally I think you are trying to make yourself believe the xbox is some unbreakable object even though its faulty.

Ace combat games are gay, and it is nothing like warhawk, the developers put all their time into online play, because its strictly online, no singleplayer, if this game were a 360 title xbox fans would be gloating about it, but just because its a ps3 title, they can't except the fact that it is truly a good game, and before you say anything about me hating halo, I own a original xbox, I bought the first one and I thought it was alright, the second one sucked though, don't know what to think of 3.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mickit @ Aug 15 2007, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Personally I think you are trying to make yourself believe the xbox is some unbreakable object even though its faulty.

Ace combat games are gay, and it is nothing like warhawk, the developers put all their time into online play, because its strictly online, no singleplayer, if this game were a 360 title xbox fans would be bloating about it, but just because its a ps3 title, they can't except the fact that it is truly a good game, and before you say anything about me hating halo, I own a original xbox, I bought the first one and I thought it was alright, the second one sucked though, don't know what to think of 3.

Heres the thing though, its not faulty. Its for the most part fragile, but not faulty. People need to learn to take care of their shit, and there stuff will serve them well. Again, its not like the Xboxes are made differently. They are all identical right up until the disc drive (they use Hitachi/Toshiba and BenQ, now. The Samsung was the drive that scratched discs). Other than the disc drive, it is all identical, and no one Xbox is more likely to overheat than another unless modified or neglected.

Ace Combat games are gay? No, you're gay, my friend, and you apparently have never played any of them. Ace Combat 06 will rape Warhawk shitless- guaranteed. Oh, so its just online? No single player? Well, that was probably a big mistake by the developers... Oh, and I doubt people would be "bloating" about it, as there are much better games coming out- for example, Ace Combat 06. Ace Combat has always been the pinnacle of dog fighting greatness and fun and balanced multiplayer. It will be VERY hard for Warhawk to even touch what that game has going for it.

And I don't care all too much about Halo. It will be fun, but not great like BioShock, Gears of War, Unreal Tournament 3, or Mass Effect.

The 360's holiday lineup rapes the PS3's.