Sign in to follow this  
Contract Killer

Buying a PS3

Since I sold my 360 used for more than a brand new one, I'm going to buy a PS3 slim, by using that money and trading in my PS2. So questions, does it come with the HD component cables or do I need to buy the separately? Also, what are some must have accessories? Last, other than MGS4, give me some suggestions of the best games. Thanks.

Need to buy a simple HDMI lead, mine cost £1 for 2 of them on ebay. Don't get fooled into buying an expensive one as it makes no difference whatsoever.

Good games I have - Skate 2, GTA4, Burnout Paradise, Oblivion, Fifa 09 (wait for fifa 10)

I realise that none of these are exclusive to the ps3, but they're the games I play most on my ps3.

Guest Horny©at
Uncharted. Fuckin' great game.

Uncharted was the best fucking third person shooter I have ever played.It also has a very well-written and entertaining storyline. (I want uncharted 2 so badly)

Get killzone,very fun online.

I don't care if you think littlebigplanet is for kids, don't be fooled by its childish look, It's really fun to play it.

Resistance 2

Infamous

Little Big Planet is probably the most fun I've had with a non-shooter in a long fucking time. Highly recommended. KZ2 is always a good standby. Fallout kicks ass. Do yourself a favor and pick up some PSN cash too (or buy some using a credit card). KZ2 has a couple new maps out, and Fallout is getting the DLC real soon. And LBP has tons of DLC.

And as Sandman said, get yourself some HDMI, or if you don't have an HDMI TV, the component cables are around $30 I think (for Sony brand).

Yea I don't know about the HD thing, but I bought the 60$ pack with 10Ft HDMI 2.0 gold plated cord, with a 10FT USB charge cord for the controllers. I don't think you can buy the charge cord by itself, or just go buy a long usb cord, because the stock one is terrible, i dont know if they lengthened the new slim ones, but my stock cord is 2 feet or some shit.

A another must have accessory would be a bluetooth headset, the sony ps3 one has a battery meter, charge while talking, and a bunch of other little things, but I just bought a 20$ one from staples and it works great.

What size HD does the slim have 160? or 80? because mine came with 80, and well install files, and psn games really take up alot average for even a demo is 1GB. So I upgraded to 200gb and I have 60gb left, so yea make sure you get a big HD(any 2.5in SATA HD will work)

As for games, I would grab a couple greatest hits, but most of them don't have trophies :( but none the less if you not a trophy whore like me, it doesnt matter.

But must have games are K2,Resistance 1 and 2, UT3, if your into 3rd personal tactical shit SOCOM is great(now they finally patched it), LBP, Burnout paradise is a lot of fun too.

Wow you two got ripped off with your $60 and $30 packs. HDMI leads are all identical, you want the cheapest one you can get.

Agreed. That was a terribad deal.

I suggest you buy Littlebigplanet like Clay said. It has endless possibilities. Also you should get battlefield: bad company. It's my favorite game. Also make sure to add me -- Tristan914.

you need a HDMI cable for the PS3 slim, there is no other video port for it.

all the games above listed i would recommend highly, lemme touch on some of the unmentioned genres

if you want a good hack n' slash diablo-like clone, go for Sacred 2. a good JRPG is Eternal Sonata.

the PSN store is full of cool indie games like Flower, team based games like Fat Princess and BF 1943. there are plenty of tower defense (too many to list) and arcade shooters (Super Star Dust HD).

good luck!

Guest Fohacidal
you need a HDMI cable for the PS3 slim, there is no other video port for it.

all the games above listed i would recommend highly, lemme touch on some of the unmentioned genres

if you want a good hack n' slash diablo-like clone, go for Sacred 2. a good JRPG is Eternal Sonata.

the PSN store is full of cool indie games like Flower, team based games like Fat Princess and BF 1943. there are plenty of tower defense (too many to list) and arcade shooters (Super Star Dust HD).

good luck!

PS3 comes with composite cables but HDMI is needed if you want to play in HD and is obviously recommended.

HOWEVER DONT GO FOR THE CHEAPEST HDMI CABLES. Honestly one of the biggest mistakes people make sometimes is going cheap and getting HDMI cables from third party sources like ebay and they end up being faulty or break up signals after a few days. What you need to do is find an affordable plated HDMI cable off of a reputable buyer.

Other then that, headset, killzone 2, uncharted, and burnout paradise to start up. Then stock up on a shitload of money on your PSN account and go crazy on the ps1 classics and other DLC