Sign in to follow this  
RockbeatsPaper

Server Issues?

I've been experiencing a lot of problems lately with the server, my ping doesn't seem to be affected by my choke/lag is constantly fluctuating.

I notice it a lot more for other people as well.

Who else is having a problem?

My location is Minnesota, but like I said I have no problem with my ping.

Guest Koala Bear
I've been experiencing a lot of problems lately with the server, my ping doesn't seem to be affected by my choke/lag is constantly fluctuating.

i've also been having these's problems.. but the biggest problem i think is that the server is constantly down.

I'm having the same problems. I too live in minnesota. It only happens with this server though. :(

Texas, and my ping is up, but you are right, it's the choke that kills ya.

WC2 needs to be moved back Central, and given a fresh load. Hell even if that means wiping levels and reducing the races for a while, I'd be all for it.

There are a few big things I have noticed right away with wcs #2:

-There is currently a database with over 18,000 entries in a txt file. I can't even do a save on my srds with the db, it just disconnects me. I can only imagine the stress it puts on the box while it saves.

-There have been a lot of different people contributing code to the server. Yiyas and I have tried to clean up a lot of it but there is obviously something bad going on still.

There are a few big things I have noticed right away with wcs #2:

-There is currently a database with over 18,000 entries in a txt file. I can't even do a save on my srds with the db, it just disconnects me. I can only imagine the stress it puts on the box while it saves.

-There have been a lot of different people contributing code to the server. Yiyas and I have tried to clean up a lot of it but there is obviously something bad going on still.

Wipe teh DB.

Seriously. Our... my old clan, I ran the server, it got.. borked, we hadn't cleaned it.

Most of our problems were people with 500 aliases. We had a rule, 1 name per player. IF, you changed clans, that was cool, but people altering their names alot/without telling us why would get their stats wiped and/or banned.

REALLY helped things out after I dumped everything and started over.

Maybe wiping data on the whole server wouldn't be a bad thing.

I know some people wouldn't like it, but fuck it. I have almost everything maxed and wouldn't care.

Max CSS PRo then say that

295.gif

Wipe teh DB.

Seriously. Our... my old clan, I ran the server, it got.. borked, we hadn't cleaned it.

Most of our problems were people with 500 aliases. We had a rule, 1 name per player. IF, you changed clans, that was cool, but people altering their names alot/without telling us why would get their stats wiped and/or banned.

REALLY helped things out after I dumped everything and started over.

the user_db saves under steam id.

the user_db saves under steam id.

Just sayin, it's been two years since I ran a server... and we didn't have a WC, just a good old plain vanilla server. The tech support hosting the server said they had found that people changing names could cause issues. Namely, if memory serves, with the stats and that would drag the whole box down.

Just sayin, it's been two years since I ran a server... and we didn't have a WC, just a good old plain vanilla server. The tech support hosting the server said they had found that people changing names could cause issues. Namely, if memory serves, with the stats and that would drag the whole box down.

Probably to do with ranks. I've seen servers where you can have 100's of ranks just yourself changing names because they didn't have it set right.

Yeah, that actually came to mind when I was thinking of the wipe, doesn't exp just flow when you get a certain point on css pro though?

I dunno, I was already 140 when it got skills...was easier to get to 200 from 140 then to get from 1-140 pretty much.

Does anyone know when the server will be fixed by? It's been horribly laggy the past two weeks.

Nobody answered even though it's a few days old - last I heard, Crothers had to order a new monitor and then fix some coding to fix major lag issues.

I've been busy with college :( I hate getting back into the homework haha. So idk if that's happened yet.