Sign in to follow this  
Icop

BRING BACK CLAY

It’s a public forum and I gave my opinion in the most respectful way possible. THIS is why I voted no for a leadership position. I see NOTHING has changed. Kid, you need to learn the difference between trolling and an opinion you disagree with.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you've been around long enough to know or respect what Clay has done. Like you said, the few encounters you've had. He's a nice and fun person once you get to know him.

His FTP would be on a subaccount, and the only server he could hurt is the one he's an engineer of. He wouldnt do that for two reasons:

(1) Because when he quits, he keeps damage isolated to himself; he could've banned everyone from the forums if it was to spite us, but it wasn't. He's not an asshole, he's just unpredicitible.

(2) If he were to fuck up ZM, he would lose all of his support. The people with him right now are his friends, and many of them are united with him because they want a ZM server and we've yet to provide one. Fucking with ZM if he quits again would make him look like a mini-P2.

If he wants to rejoin the clan, that's all good, he can apply September 1. If he wants ZM engineer for the server that comes out in the next 3-4 weeks, after TF2 is launched, then he has the support of three managers and the division leader. Being an engineer is different from getting picked for ADV/MGR-- your circle of influence is normally local to your server and the subforum that goes along with it. You don't need to be a clan member to be an Engineer; if you've got the skills and you've proven yourself trustworthy to us, we would be more than happy to have you.

His FTP would be on a subaccount, and the only server he could hurt is the one he's an engineer of. He wouldnt do that for two reasons:

(1) Because when he quits, he keeps damage isolated to himself; he could've banned everyone from the forums if it was to spite us, but it wasn't. He's not an asshole, he's just unpredicitible.

(2) If he were to fuck up ZM, he would lose all of his support. The people with him right now are his friends, and many of them are united with him because they want a ZM server and we've yet to provide one. Fucking with ZM if he quits again would make him look like a mini-P2.

If he wants to rejoin the clan, that's all good, he can apply September 1. If he wants ZM engineer for the server that comes out in the next 3-4 weeks, after TF2 is launched, then he has the support of three managers and the division leader. Being an engineer is different from getting picked for ADV/MGR-- your circle of influence is normally local to your server and the subforum that goes along with it. You don't need to be a clan member to be an Engineer; if you've got the skills and you've proven yourself trustworthy to us, we would be more than happy to have you.

In that case, how come I was never offered Engineer? sad face

(Before I had RO, that is.)

You know how to code ES/SM?

No, but the last time I checked, Clay didn't either. I uploaded stuff to the FastDL and gameservers for UG, and set-up the ZM gamemode, Mani, and fixed various crap that they had broken.

No, but the last time I checked, Clay didn't either.

Don't need to know that for a ZM server. ZombieEscape is being maintained by Oreo, Deathrun by Hobo, Minigame/Bhop by S3Xmagik, Jailbreak by Mario, WCS1 by Yiyas, WCS2 by Sandman, GG by Chaos, Surf doesn't need an engineer and when Dust2 opens it won't need an engineer.

New server = new engineer. If Clay doesn't want it, and you know how to upload maps/skins/sounds, it's yours.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you've been around long enough to know or respect what Clay has done. Like you said, the few encounters you've had. He's a nice and fun person once you get to know him.

I think the poll shows he's had more than a few encounters.

I like Clay and I've known him since back in the day, in the very earliest incarnation of ZM. I fully support his drive for a renewed ZM server, and I do not think that, given the opportunity, he would choose to damage one of our servers. I say this so no one thinks that what follows is because I have some weird vendetta against Clay. I am not attempting to jump on a 'bash Clay' bandwagon, or rag on him because I think it will somehow elevate my status. Etc etc.

What bothers me about this entire episode is his impulsiveness and apparent lack of dedication to the community. It seems that Clay has more attachment to the letters 'UV' than to his former position as an Advisor or his status as a clan member. Additionally, when the leadership (of which he was a part) began to fully enforce rules and brought order to the teeming chaos of immaturity and stale memes that comprises so much of what passes for rational discussion here, he flipped out, declared it to be 'srs bzness' or something, and resigned. Finally, he immediately joined a completely different clan, filled with disaffected or banned former clan members.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of reason to reward this behavior with a re-acceptance into the clan sans application and waiting period, much less to re-award him his Advisor spot. We should look for stable, reliable people in our leadership, individuals who can think beyond the events of the moment and deal with long-term strategy. In conclusion, should he re-apply and be accepted, I look forward to having Clay back in the clan, and perhaps he will be selected to be an Engineer for the new ZM server.

regardless of that, he already has the vote of 3 of the 5 MGRs, and RO's.

Im sure when Junzou said

Note that I said, "I see no problem with that," not "If he comes back, he will have an Eng spot waiting." I'm only one person of six.

He was talking of the other MGR's .. I would like to think other Staff wouldn't have a say in if he came back to ADV or not

No. You quit, that's not our fault. Technically, we should make you reapply. We all told you to sleep on it because we knew you would change your mind, but you didn't.

If you remember correctly, I did sleep on it... twice. GG.

I vote neither for Engi or Adv. Clay when's the next time your going to "ragequit" just because you don't like a decision that's made? First UG, now RS with a couple stints in between. Giving you engi access with the ftp, you could easily take down the server anytime you aren't happy with the clan. Right now I personally don't have a lot of trust in you. Don't get me wrong your a good guy and all, just some of the decisions you make are very poor.

>:o! WTF Supernaut!? I've never fucked you over, and I never will. I don't see why you're pissed at me?

Also, why in the FUCK would I screw the ZM server? It's not like I'd get some huge gain out of it... You can say I'm impulsive and unpredictable, but I would back you up. I didn't rage quit either. I left on good terms, not shitty ones if you remember correctly. If I would have ragequit, I would have done something to go out with a bang, not post a topic in the debate section about how I am leaving the clan.

GG brah.

If you remember correctly, I did sleep on it... twice. GG.

>:o! WTF Supernaut!? I've never fucked you over, and I never will. I don't see why you're pissed at me?

Also, why in the FUCK would I screw the ZM server? It's not like I'd get some huge gain out of it... You can say I'm impulsive and unpredictable, but I would back you up. I didn't rage quit either. I left on good terms, not shitty ones if you remember correctly. If I would have ragequit, I would have done something to go out with a bang, not post a topic in the debate section about how I am leaving the clan.

GG brah.

I don't think it's so much on how you left, it seems more like people are more curious about your general commitment/attitude.

Guest NeverEndingXsin
I think the poll shows he's had more than a few encounters.

Everybody has bad days. but seriously you havent been around long enough to be able to say "clay's a bad guy" aside from maybe 2 or 3 things that hes done wrong. Hes been pretty tight.

everybody makes mistakes, and nobody is perfect.

So stay around longer and quit acting like you know everything cuz you dont.

i rest my case

Guest Horny©at

How do you talk in those pretty green letters?

SHYNIE LEATURZ 4DAWIN!

Everybody has bad days. but seriously you havent been around long enough to be able to say "clay's a bad guy" aside from maybe 2 or 3 things that hes done wrong. Hes been pretty tight.

everybody makes mistakes, and nobody is perfect.

So stay around longer and quit acting like you know everything cuz you dont.

i rest my case

This.

I don't think it's so much on how you left, it seems more like people are more curious about your general commitment/attitude.

I put up with people all around me getting work, being in the "loop", and excelling in every way possible. I, on the other hand, was always active on the forums, and nearly always on Steam and Xfire, sat around and played Jailbreak and banned faggots. I got absolutely no work at all. I wanted a staff position so I could help out with the clan and do important stuff and know leet secrets. People under me even knew more/did more than I did. I'm pretty sure if you were in my shoes, you would get pissed about that eventually too.