Sign in to follow this  
Veight

Zergling and Ghostly Changling.

Alright, I noticed today that an Admin no clipped himself out of my burrow after he body possessed me. Shouldn't zergling burrow be a way to I dunno hurt or a way to work against the changling? I just think its something that they should worry about and not just noclip themselves out of it. Anyone elses thoughts?

If they wait they're just gonna change again and get someone else stuck for the rest of the round. More fair imo.. Saves someone else from whining about being changed into the ground.

I agree with Moose. It's the same reason I no clip myself when I get changed into a burrowed spot.

Since you have this ability, I'm not sure it would be fair for you to have a say in the matter.

Since you have this ability, I'm not sure it would be fair for you to have a say in the matter.

And why not, it's a completely legitimate excuse, because people are going to bitch if they get changed there. So, it just saves the trouble of having to get that person out of the ground for the entirety of the round.

I gotta say it isn't fair. When have any of the rest of us ever gotten changling with a Zergling and an Admin took the time to get us out? I can say I have never had this happen. Half the time I spawn in a teammate the admins don't unclip either of us. I don't think it's fair, it's a risk you take. The rest of us non-admins have to deal with it, so you should too.

Even if the rule becomes that admins have to noclip us out, I don't see many of them following it.

I'm not sure there's much we can do about this. What we should do it make it against the rules for the changeling to make someone else stuck. That way, if they do get stuck, they are stuck. They then need to type "kill" in console. The rules do say "If there is no admin and being out side the map is delaying the end of a round you must type "kill" in console."

I say we make a new rule that it's against the rules to put someone else off of the map (underground counts). We had this problem with changeling in port. The changeling would jump into the water (off the map) and change. Then they stood on the edge of the dock so that you'd fly off the edge into the water when you changed and claim they didn't do anything wrong.

Next time I wont get you unstuck. I unstick people all the time. I dont do it by no clipped, I do it by teleporting them which takes a little longer to do as you have to switch to the person, switch to free view, then save the teleport spot, then teleport them. Plus its a little harder to do that when you are alive.

You know how many times I've given No clip to someone and they just go around the map abusing it? That's why I stopped doing no clip altogether. Plus its also a little hard to teleport myself out of the hole if I'm in it....

So why should my input not be included battle bug? Are you saying all admins who have no clip shouldnt use it? Instead they should just switch someone else there and leave them stuck? I dont see how you guys see this as a disadvantage to the ghostly. If anything it would help more since he can move someone on the other team into the hole, and they really would have NO WAY TO GET OUT! So since we are admins and have no clip, instead of no clipping out, should we just change someone else into the spot? Really...you guys need to think these things through more.

I'm not sure there's much we can do about this. What we should do it make it against the rules for the changeling to make someone else stuck. That way, if they do get stuck, they are stuck. They then need to type "kill" in console. The rules do say "If there is no admin and being out side the map is delaying the end of a round you must type "kill" in console."

I say we make a new rule that it's against the rules to put someone else off of the map (underground counts). We had this problem with changeling in port. The changeling would jump into the water (off the map) and change. Then they stood on the edge of the dock so that you'd fly off the edge into the water when you changed and claim they didn't do anything wrong.

If they change with someone, they're not really delaying the end of the round. The person who switched though is since they can't get unstuck so in accordance to your rule, once you get switch with a changling to underground, you have to type kill in consol.

There is already a rule that makes it so you can't make someone suicide by changling. Standing on the edge of the dock isnt really against the rule. If the person isnt moving, they won't fall in. I know it sucks, but hey, if you have a flying race you can just fly to avoid falling. Always ways around this. Or if you see the msg saying you are going to change, how about stop running or jumping?

Or IF you see the msg saying you are going to change, how about stop running or jumping?

The word "if" makes it sound like you agree that it isn't easily visible. Perhaps we need to find a way to make that a "when."

Yes, I said if. Because it's not going to be 100% chance that I am always safe from it by reading it. that's what makes the challenge. I'm not going to cry over the fact I miss the message once in awhile. Once I miss it, it just makes me look for it more.

So I dont think we need to change it to a when, it's fine as an if.

Guest Waffle

I just grab a grenade when it says I'm about to change. It's a win, especially if you're an orc or your ultimate is suicide bomb like undead. So by what you are saying, people SHOULDN'T get unstuck by admins? If so then tell people to not qq and bitch like a fucking retard when they do get stuck and tell them that you're the one who complained that it isn't fair. that way people will just hate you instead of the admins, that's a lot more fair in my opinion. Admins noclip themselves as a means of getting unstuck, they know they won't abuse it because if they do, they are fucked. They don't noclip other people because they have no promise that they won't abuse the noclip. So the solution? They teleport you, yes it is a pain in the ass process but it works. Sometimes you might die before they can do it but at least they still tried to help you. Now, if there was a rule about abusing nolcip would result in a ban. I'm sure admins would be happy to noclip you unstuck and then have their ban reason ready for the mistake you make.

So... What about the times when someone was up on a box and you get changed into the ceiling without even knowing it's going to get the person stuck... are you just supposed to be like "oh well there goes my round i'll type kill in console now"? Idk why it is such a big deal for an admin to teleport you out of the ground - you say no admins do it... They have to be dead I see it all the time. It's for the fact that Noire pointed out that people don't really use noclip in the right way when given it that has forced admins to use teleport which requires them to be dead.

Lol, I have an idea... How about a new item, that is called 'shovel'. Basically they can buy for I dunno $200-1000 and dig themselves out of the ground (or possibly ceiling), once bought. I don't know how the code would work for that but that's just cause I have no experience with modding CSS.

Lol, I have an idea... How about a new item, that is called 'shovel'. Basically they can buy for I dunno $200-1000 and dig themselves out of the ground (or possibly ceiling), once bought. I don't know how the code would work for that but that's just cause I have no experience with modding CSS.

That would be kind of funny, and a lot less work on the admins... idk if it would work - and I'd say they could just impliment an item kind of like a scroll of respawning that just teleports you back to your spawn.. But then people would use it not when stuck, but when cornered... Could you imagine having a bind for buying the item.. Every time your shot you hit the key and you dissapear