Sign in to follow this  
Eatwah

Reformat

p2p is not piracy its legal its sharing of data from one computer to another. I'll have to find me a copy of win7 on the internet.

what the fuck ever. if you guys as a community are ok with saying "go download this torrent' you fucking support warez. I dont mean to be rude, but all of you arguing this are fucking stupid.

in no way, at all, does saying "download this torrent" indicate anything legal when it comes to commercial software. so if you wanna be a pirate and break rules, shut the fuck up and do it, if you want to follow rules, follow them without arguing.

I explained it nicely, i broke down the english language for those who were incapable.. now i have to be rude.

clay, this was not a debate, it was two server admins pointing out the very well laid out server rules. We (chosen and I) are correct, because... well we have a basic (or more) understanding of the English language, and anyone who tried to play a semantics game, is wrong. end of discussion.

I stand by what i said. Post something suggesting piracy again, and i report it to the commercial developer.

-----

I deal "less well" with "idiots" when i've been drinking, which i have since my birthday was tuesday.

QQ some moar...

Forum MOD > a billion server admins... <=== who technically can't do shit on the forums except post.

lolwut?

What the fuck is going on here?

AFAIK, our forum rules is that if no torrents are specifically linked, you're in the clear. As for your PERSONAL opinion of whether or not torrents should be used or not is up to you. Thing is, torrents are a part of the internet. Your pointless 'feedback' to the companies doesn't do shit. Do you think that these companies are oblivious to torrents? Just makes you seem like an internet white knight and that shit is stupid. P2P sharing happens. Live with it.

Good job derailing a thread when a person was asking for some advice on OS'.

p2p is not piracy its legal its sharing of data from one computer to another. I'll have to find me a copy of win7 on the internet.

Just like you said, if its legal you have nothing to worry about. RIGHT?

p2p was designed to be legal. People misuse the purpose of it. WoW uses p2p for updates the games. p2p was designed for fast down speed. What we're talking about is way off the point of this thread. Can we go back to what I made the topic for. I need to reformat my computer what OS should I start using.

p2p was designed to be legal. People misuse the purpose of it. WoW uses p2p for updates the games. p2p was designed for fast down speed. What we're talking about is way off the point of this thread. Can we go back to what I made the topic for. I need to reformat my computer what OS should I start using.

Your original question got answered multiple times...

if you have more than 4GB ram, use a 64bit OS whether it's XP/or Win7 If you can get a copy of Win7 use that vs vista. If you don't like vista and can't get win7, use XP... all three have 64bit variants. You could also try the linux dist that crothers is working on, it look to be pretty stable with some nice bells&whistles.

If you decide to pull Win7 by some nefarious means, ensure it is build 7260 minimum, build 7265 is on MSDN right now, so that it the latest, but 7260 is RTM.

WHERE IS YOUR RECOVERY CD?????

All I'm seeing in this thread, the off-topic part of it, is Driz and Chosen white knighting. Just what we need, another Mindfreak incident.

In any event. Get W7, its one of the better ones. I myself may acquire it in the near future.

WHERE IS YOUR RECOVERY CD?????

I lost it. I got my computer a couple years back. Its probably in storage and I don't want to go dig for it.

I lost it. I got my computer a couple years back. Its probably in storage and I don't want to go dig for it.

It took 40 post to answer this?!?!? Piracy isn't a solution for laziness. The computer company will send you a recovery cd for your computer. They do it all the time. Just go to their website contact them.

I recommend Windows 7 or Windows XP, and Windows XP will never die, as long as there are people like me that still keep it on a computer or two, XP for life bitches, reppin that shit till i die.

I recommend Windows 7 or Windows XP, and Windows XP will never die, as long as there are people like me that still keep it on a computer or two, XP for life bitches, reppin that shit till i die.

Reppin that die 'till you shit

11_12_60---Dice_web.jpg

Leave it to the guys in green to point out the flaws in your logic. lol

In all seriousness, everyone has a legal copy of some MS O/S if you bought your computer from an OEM. I highly doubt any of you picked an "Ubuntu Build" at Dell. For the other 20-25% of you that built your computer, about 50% of you I imagine purchased an OS to go with it.

Did you know that paper sleeved OEM system builders XP licenses are going for as low as $80 in some places?

Thats 2 games, or 1 good game and a shitty game, and it lets you access Windows Update, and register your OS and all the other fancy things that comes with being legit.

The only time when I would consider a Windows torrent as "legit" is if you owned a copy of the said OS, and you were looking for the x64 version.

Since 75% of the time, OEM's will NOT give you a disc that does not match your original build (IE: You bought XP 32 so thats ALL they will ship you, yet you own a license to the software).

umad bro?

Not at all. Be an asshole about it. Bill Gates' pockets need more of my goddamn money.

I have ISOs because I own a license for Windows XP. I can take a goddamn picture of it if you want me to. But guess what? I can't use it anymore. Can you guess why? Take a guess. I bet you can get it. It's because... OEM licenses don't mean shit. So now I'm SOL with a perfectly good XP license on paper, but when you go to use it, it's apparently not so good.

say what you want, piracy is illegal, but i dont think they care enough to stop the other 80 million people that do it.

you can report all you want, your just wasting your time.

and i also have a windows key. actually 2, one is an OEM for xp, also one for vista. cant use them, so i "get" windows ISO's from "the internet". call it what you want, idc. its still going to happen, and im going to continue doing it.

and i think that goes for most of the people on this forum.

Funny you say that. The Medical Commands of the Armed Forces still use XP. We dont plan on using Vista and we are trying to decide if we want to use Windows 7 or a version of Linux. You should have seen their faces when they were briefed on the "L" word.

wtfever you guys are pirates, if you violate an eula you are pirates. no discussion. if these foums support that, i no longer donate. simple. i am a software developer, and i do no respect pirate nor those who support piracy. i'm done on this topic.

Sign in to follow this