Sign in to follow this  
CoinStar

UV Weekly Digest vol. 7½ [8.17.09]

Hello, and welcome to one of most information-filled Digests yet! You guys have been waiting for this one for a while, and we promise we delayed it for good reason! There's a lot of shit going down, so get ready to read a wall of text!

Community:

After four years as President/JCS/Manager, Phoenix2 has been removed as a clan leader. Suffice it to say that his constant abuse of his leadership powers, specifically access to private information, and his immaturity/ complete lack of respect for anyone except for himself is the reason for his demotion. Furthermore, Phoenix2 has been removed from the clan, but will be allowed to stay in the forums. Au revoir Phoenix!

Junzou has been invited to retake his position as a Community Manager; more from him in the next post.

We now have a new page outlining the current leadership system, as well as details about each person's role in the system. You can find it by click here (URL UP SOON!). Please feel free to post any questions you happen to have and we will try to answer them for you.

Thanks to Crothers, we also now have our own Pastebin and Image Hosting pages! You can read more about Pastebin here. it's mainly a tool that would be useful to our coders, but some people seem to have found other uses for it too; keep in mind that the forum rules do apply there, and even though it doesn't require a log in, we DO know who you are.

Remember that submissions are due in 2 weeks for the Mapping Squad Contest! In case you missed the first post, you can read more about it here.

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that trolling/spamming/flaming in the Complaint Department is NOT tolerated, as noted in this thread; more than a few of you found that out first hand last week, and we hope it won't happen again. Please also keep in mind that if you are banned, you may NOT log in on another person's account to browse the forums, and you can NOT register a new account. We will catch you, and you will be banned for a longer period of time.

Servers:

We have a new 50-slot Ventrilo server! The new server's host is voice.joinuv.com, port 4358. Come in and check it out!

Once again thanks to our linux guru, Crothers, we are now the proud users of HLStatsX Community Edition! This means a budget reduction of about $50 per month, and on top of that we are also able to offer ranking systems for ALL of our servers now. The downside is the ranks from the previous HLStatsX account can't be transferred, but hey, now everyone gets a chance at a fresh start :)

On top of the new HLStatsX, we also have a new server control panel, custom coded by Crothers, and have begun locally hosting our website. As you can see, we have nearly eliminated as many "unnecessary" costs as we possibly can; the only things we are paying for now are our dedicated server and our ventrilo server.

Admin school has been put on the back burner; we've hit a lot of speed bumps recently, and we've decided to re-prioritize to put a few other projects that would more positively affect the community as a whole first. It is definitely still something we are going to pursue, but at this point the time is kind of unclear. Something we are considering is asking a few senior admins from our servers in good standing to take up this project-- that's not definite yet, but it's a possibility.

We are about to enter the BETA phase for a new GUNGAME server. As soon as it comes online, we will post the IP. We expect this server to be online within the next week, unless there's any more unexpected delays. Please send map suggestions to BeauutifulChaos!

Mario is finally back from vacation, so we are hoping to move Jailbreak out of beta very soon. As you all know, he's been working very hard on a handful of new plugins for the server, and once these are uploaded we'll be good to go.

On that note, please note that our Zombie Escape and Jailbreak servers are almost at the Gametracker ranks they were prior to our server move-- as of the writing of this post, both servers are now in the top 140 CS:S servers being tracked by Gametracker. Thank-you to everyone who has helped keep them both alive; in the past, IP changes have KILLED our servers, but due to our strong community support both of those servers, as well as the rest of our servers, are still going strong.

I know you guys want to hear about Team Fortress 2, and we really do apologize for how long it's taken. We've hit several unexpected delays-- first having to transfer off of the Quantum box, then the MIA attacks, and more recently the work that went into convincing Phoenix2 to turn over his clan assets-- but as they say, bad things come in threes, so we don't expect any more unexpected delays! Within the next two weeks, we PROMISE, there will be two beta TF2 servers online. WHEN THOSE SERVERS COME OUT OF BETA, WE WILL START THE TF2 GIVEAWAY (shooting for 3-4 weeks from now).

Finally, we are talking about expanding our CS:S servers to include a Zombie Mod (no propmenu) server. At this point in time no concrete plans have been made, but we hope to have one in the near future-- likely after Team Fortress 2 is done.

That's all for this Digest! The next Digest will be posted this Friday!

UPDATE: T-MINUS JESUS DAYS!

QFT. I have risen.

I wonder how far this all goes and if this is the beginning of the end of this community.

No worries, it was all part of the plan to cut out the cancer of this clan at long last-- Phoenix2. My forum shenanigans were to get him to focus all of his attention on me, get him to think I was the root of all of his problems, and to distract him from what was really going on; we were slowly, with his permission, stripping all of his ownership of clan assets. The most difficult of these was the joinuv.com domain-- we thought he would never give that up. Much to our surprise, we discovered P2 was more than happy to transfer the domain to Coinstar if it meant me stepping out of power.

Hell be back to manager or w/e the fuck the positions are now within 2 weeks

This plan has been weeks in the making guys. I apologize to all who were negatively affected by it [except P2 and the brown nosers following him], and would like to thank those who knew about one part of the plan or another and kept silent about it. Most of all, thanks to those who showed their support, even though I will admit some dirty tactics were used. Not entirely proud of trolling P2, but it was the best way to keep him occupied during the final crucial stages of this.

Gayest avatar fad ever, this is part of the cancer that is killing UV, although technically I could care less whats killing UV

As I alluded in my response, this isn't a fad. It was a big fucking hint as to what was about to happen. Ocean's 11 was a movie all about conning Andy Garcia's character, Terry Benedict. We gave P2 Andy Garcia, and the rest of us were all in on the plan to depose him.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH. PLEASE STOP SPREADING RUMORS NOW. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, ASK IT HERE AND WE WILL ADDRESS IT. IF IT'S NOT HERE, THEN IT'S NOT TRUE.

I love P2. He is the people's champ.

So now that it's been revealed this was all planned from the start, you gonna run back and hide in the shadows now until it's time for me to go again? I hope so :3

Now Phoenix2, before I deliver my final goodbye present to you, I have another smaller gift.

I know you're a huge fan of posting Xfire chats, so I thought you would get a kick out of this one:

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: Find a picture of Junzou

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: And edit it

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: So it just shows his chin

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: And so we can claim its not him

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: His name is

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: Don't let anybody know

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: I tell you

=(UV)=NeverEndingXsin: okay

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: REDACTED

=(UV)=NeverEndingXsin: i cant find anything

=(UV)=NeverEndingXsin: where did you get his name?

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: From when he used to pay for admin

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: He also

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: Gave us

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: His image

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: From his facebook

=(UV)=NeverEndingXsin: then give it to me

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: And I just remember a few pics of him with some fat women Note: Actually, the pic you saw was with about 6 of my small asian friends, all averaged out to be about 5'3" high, and all thinner than your right thigh

=(UV)=NeverEndingXsin: SEND

=(UV)=NeverEndingXsin: ill edit them

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: Do you have facebook?

=(UV)=NeverEndingXsin: yeah. but i dont give it out

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: Ok well

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: Add this guy to your facebook

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: Its junzou I'm pretty sure

=(UV)=NeverEndingXsin: kk

=(UV)= Phoenix2 [MGR]: REDACTED (Wrong Facebook profile, but you could still get my name from it)

***As an aside, I would like to thank NEXS for sharing this conversation. Nothing of mine was ever released, and Sin only talked with him about this to get more leverage against him.

Pretty incriminating eh? Isn't that exactly why we "stripped you of paypal" back when you exposed Kyle's shit? (That paypal bit was in quotes because it took us fucking 2 months to wrestle that from him). I think we can let this be the final nail in your coffin.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, my grand finalé!

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Goodbye, Phoenix2!

Holy shit. I don't mean to grind salt into P2's bleeding and tear-stained eyes, but that was fucking rape.

The videos were the best.

Damn right they were. A lot of love went into those by yours truly.

How long did the subtitling take?

They lines were s00per epic =P