Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

Rules Section Addition - Baiting

I was reading through the rules today when I was asked a question about baiting, and oddly enough there isn't a baiting section, or any real rule that outlines what baiting is.

Someone should edit it and add in that section for future reference to talk about what baiting is, ranging from running into T's, to giving a 'command' which could make them die (such as saying toe instead of go, thus letting the T's die cause the CT didn't say go), as well to anything else in between.

Just my two cents.

Guest Waffle

First tell someone to make a rule about "Crouch walking". Otherwise I'm going to kill 99% of the Ts every time I give that command.

Baiting that you can't complain about is when you walk near a terrorist they stab/kill you. That kind of baiting is allowed and you can not shoot/kill the terrorist for doing that.

The other kind of baiting is allowed (the commands given out by Lead CT) because I don't ever see anyone having a problem when the Warden trys to fool you with the words coming out of his mouth.

ICE, so if wookie banned crouchwalking, is it really banned or is it still allowed until it's posted up in the rules :S

Baiting that you can't complain about is when you walk near a terrorist they stab/kill you. That kind of baiting is allowed and you can not shoot/kill the terrorist for doing that.

The other kind of baiting is allowed (the commands given out by Lead CT) because I don't ever see anyone having a problem when the Warden trys to fool you with the words coming out of his mouth.

ICE, so if wookie banned crouchwalking, is it really banned or is it still allowed until it's posted up in the rules :S

Well, word baiting is banned since Hobo has said so.

http://www.joinuv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20000

Besides, it's a dick move really, and stupid. You shouldn't be doing that period when there's already enough issues with people. Keep it simple and straightforward and in order.

So would you consider playing the simon says game, simon then says exactly this :" now I want you guys to come over here ". so the guys who come over get shot.

is that baiting?

So would you consider playing the simon says game, simon then says exactly this :" now I want you guys to come over here ". so the guys who come over get shot.

is that baiting?

Considering Simon didn't Say, then it'd be part of a game. I've seen people do that, and it's legit. People know better.

What I'm talking about is by nitpicking the words. Such as saying "toe" instead of "go", or "Semen says" instead of "Simon Says", thereby making people think you said it when you "didn't", then killing them cause the person "didn't say go/Simon says, lol".

oh that's baiting. -- seamen says shit isn't allowed.

I thought you meant like in chat where people go like when I say go in chat you must move here. then they say like.. GOPHER, GOLFBALLS, GOTMILK, and some dumb shit like that.

oh that's baiting. -- seamen says shit isn't allowed.

I thought you meant like in chat where people go like when I say go in chat you must move here. then they say like.. GOPHER, GOLFBALLS, GOTMILK, and some dumb shit like that.

Well, what you're saying is the same concept that I'm explaining.

Regardless, the rules do need a general explanation of baiting so that people know what it is. Cause there are too many FK's of it cause some don't know better.

Well, we'll wait until I guess there's an ingame rules mod so we can directly point to them.

Because pasting the rules jb url doesn't always work :/

Half of the people don't even read the rules.

That's why I admin, so they know them better. :P

Only real issue I've had is with someone in the clan who thought I was being a bitch by following rules. Outside that, no real issues with enforcing.

Guest Waffle

I bet I know more about the rules than you Oracion. XD

I bet I know more about the rules than you Oracion. XD

We'd have to see. Not like a competition is needed, but we both slip up, obviously now and then. Having others that do know them too helps those that are enforcing. :P

Guest Waffle

What is annoying is when people use the "Collateral Policy" out of its jurisdiction. Just claiming everything is collateral.

"Crouch Walking" does NOT imply holding both ctrl and shift. Holding only control is satisfactory. Forcing a terrorist to hold both is a punishable offense. As well, both crouch and shift walking are treated to be the same: you restrict one, you restrict the other.

Its in the rules http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/index.php?page=jail

First tell someone to make a rule about "Crouch walking". Otherwise I'm going to kill 99% of the Ts every time I give that command
Not sure if you were talking about them doing both crouch and shift or just doing crouch but either way you can kill them for not following orders and direct them to the rules.

Guest formerlyaeth

Fallen Angel is now the prettier version of Chaos.

lol I was shot and freekilled by Oracion cause he was too busy trying to type something out when I was T and had to spray on the wall beside him :D

He had it coming with the lightning :D