Sign in to follow this  
Moose

New Rules...?

So I was talking to some higher up admins and basically they told me to put together some new rules that people think are fair and that would make it better and pass it on to them to discuss. So I was thinking I'd post what my thoughts were here and get input of all the other active players to try and get the best output from these rules... Here's what I got so far:

General rules:

Nade Spamming: All races are set to the same rules, no exceptions, 30 seconds before each nade. (We don't expect you to count exactly, but you know the difference between 10 and 30 seconds)

Race whoring: Above 24 kills, 4:1 ratio switch to a non-max race (Or css pro if all maxed) Until 3:1 and then able to go back to a maxed race. (Also anyone that retries in console to reset their score will be punished, no avoiding this rule..)

Warding races: No warding vents/shafts leading towards objectives.

Objectives: When you are one of the last few people (1-3) on the team you must attempt the objective after the last minute. As well as it is not allowed to attempt in anyway to invisibly complete the objective. You may not grab the hostages, defuse etc. without some sign that you are there.

Race specific rules:

Grayman (I know you've all been waiting): Not quite sure, I say 100 (Seeing as two skills can be maxed) Have to abide by the 4:1 race whoring rules. (If anyone has more input towards grayman I'd like to hear it.. Please don't spam if your idea has been posted already and please no "Reduce the levels, take it out etc." Reducing the level WILL cause more people to whore a MAXED grayman.)

Orc/Forbidden: Flaming gloves of warmth ARE allowed. But you still MUST keep the nade spamming rule in mind, it still goes even with 5 extra nades.

Ghostly Changeling: No changing people in the following areas: Out of map/ stuck inside of walls, ceilings etc. No jumping off cliffs/buildings causing the person changed to suicide. (If stuck somewhere (zergling/to high/ in an item) after changing, notify an admin or type kill don't get them stuck to unstick yourself).

Rapscallion/Forbidden/Zergling: No burrowing/hovering over the bomb when planted. Be aproximately 5 steps away from the bomb when burrowing/going invis.

Cowboy: No spamming doors/walls to lasso through them.

Already have a Grayman thread started, if you want to know what the community thinks you minds as well wait for that to be done.

Don't care for the Cowboy rule.

The changling rule, albeit gay when it happens to you, it's one death, and you don't even necessarily die from it either.

The others I thought were already rules so I don't exactly know what new rules you presented us with.

Already have a Grayman thread started, if you want to know what the community thinks you minds as well wait for that to be done.

Don't care for the Cowboy rule.

The changling rule, albeit gay when it happens to you, it's one death, and you don't even necessarily die from it either.

The others I thought were already rules so I don't exactly know what new rules you presented us with.

Many of the rules posted were already 'rules' in some ways but some admins don't enforce things because they were never specifically posted on the website and they don't want to deal with people aruging back. For example, there's like 4 different opinions on the nade spamming rule and some think that forbidden is an exception and is to be followed as 'when the fire goes out you can throw another nade' when in fact the rule still lies at you must wait 30 seconds before throwing a new one. Another one would be the 4:1 ratio.. We've had a lot of dispute lately about switching to a 'non-max race' the original rule was PREFERABLY a non max race... You never really had to follow the rule that most admins enforce but you would get slayed/kicked/banned for not following it anyways... There's more such as the changeling rules and stuff that just aren't posted.

As to the grayman post, that's many people repeating themselves, and offering ideas such as 'take it out it's to op'. The point in this post is for people to actually think of rules they may be not quite sure on that admins have told them different things, or completly new rules that they feel will make the server more balanced. Once this happens the higher up admins can decide which rules are fair and can then add them to the post of the original server rules.

Also, I put the cowboy rule there seeing as it IS enforced by most admins. I just want all the rules to be written down so when people DO get in trouble for something like that, it is written down and the admins can say 'Hey, go check the forums'.

So anyways, sorry for the long post but don't come on here and tell me 'these rules are stupid' or 'there's already a post started' I look through the posts, I know.. I just want this to be a more organized thread. Whether I get peoples input or not I'll send the list I have on Sunday. Hope you guys are happy once we get some updated rules. :)

Well, taken from what I see so far, I'd like to see Grayman that are 70+ be effected by the race whoring rule (Since you know you guys think that lowering it's levels to max it wont help :/).

Never said the rules were stupid, lol. Most I said was that I didn't care for them. And in the other thread, the Grayman one, if you look there's actually a poll asking which new rule you would like to see if any. And you were asking for the public's opinion, well, there it is.

Well the only rule I feel is bad is the nade spamming rule for forbidden. I mean it's mostly a nade and kill race, I know most people say you put them on fire and knife them but it's not that easy..

I feel that the rule should be as many people say, you have to wait until the fires gone out on a person to throw a new one, emiright ?

I didn't know it was a rule not to ward vents/shafts to objective. I know you're not allowed to ward hosties and bomb site but that's the only restrictions I could think of for them.

WTF is all I have to say. I already gave beautiful chaos a list, and they come to you to make a new one? This is bullshit! They should have just posted the one I gave them to have people debate it. Im going to post the list I gave BC earlier...oh wait nooo I gave it to her on xfire, so I probably didnt save it!! Also there is another post with rules like this that was done A LONG time ago.

http://www.joinuv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14736&highlight=rules

For wards, I thought it was just can't place them over objectives (hostages, bombsites) on either side, and you can't mole and ward.

I dont agree with forbidden being able to use gloves. They can just buy gloves, and it wont drop the nades, so they can just store them up and have over 10 nades to spam if they wanted to. Especially if you guys do the bullshit no fire rule.

The Maxed all races rule, I think it should be you can change to any other race, but unless its css pro you have to keep changing every 3 rounds until your ratio is 3:1 or below. I mean, hell it took me FUCKING FOREVER TO MAX CSS PRO OUT!! and considering I'm the only one to actually do it to know how long it takes, Id say if you forced me back on that race it would be fucking stupid.

I mean I was on that race for weeks non stop. Just because I went through and grinded my levels on it, playing for weeks on it while everyone whored out races, I feel like I should be able to have fun with the maxed races I worked so hard getting (Only person so far to Finish ALL The races). You guys can tell me that I HAVE to switch to CSS PRO when other people max it out. Because it seems like I'm probably going to be the only one that ever does.

Grayman should be kept how it is already. I mean most of the people that you are complaining about already have their grayman maxed (or like 10 levels from it) so the rule will apply to them shortly.

No map glitching. Some skills in WC:S can allow players to reach normally inaccessible parts of the map.

Rooftops, balconies, etc are fair game but going outside of the fully constructed, textured area of the map

(ie: underneath) or going outside of a wall that is intended to be the boundary of a map is forbidden.

Special Areas Not Permitted:

cs_assault - Camping in the Upper vent Area

de_nuke, de_icewerk - Camping on the mountain tops

No skywalking. Similar to map glitching, this is defined as walking on any invisible surface. Simply put,

if you can't see it, don't walk on it. If you can see through walls or other textures where from the other side, it is not transparent.

leave map on accident? Do not use this as a chance to sit behind

a wall and camp. Get back in as soon as possible. If you can't, ask an admin to teleport or no-clip you

back into the map. If there is no admin and being out side the map is delaying the end of a round you must type "kill" in console.

Attempt Objectives ...for each type of map as explained in the global rules. You have two objectives. Planting bombs, rescuing hostages

takes priority over killing the other team. If hostages are not alive or no bomb is to be found, or the T can no plant due to race,

then each team Must search for the other team (no camping on either side).

No Race Whoring` If you are on a maxed race, have at least 24 kills, and you have a kill:death ratio of

more than 4 to 1, you must switch to a Non Max race as soon as you die, or within

two rounds, whichever comes first. If you have all races maxed (CSS PRO, knife races and grayman included) you must switch to a different

maxed race after 4 rounds if your ratio is 4:1 on that race (you switch at 25-1, on the new race you are 30-5 after 4 rounds. You can still stay

on the race. If you are 29-2 after 4 rounds, you have to switch to another race).

Health Restrictions` If your race starts with less than 50 HP, do not buy HP from the shopmenu at

any point during the round. In addition, if your race starts with 200 HP or more, do not buy HP from the shopmenu until below 100 HP.

No buying speed/longjump on slow races` If your race starts with a speed decrease, you may not

buy boots of speed or longjump from the shopmenu.

No grenade spamming` Grenade spamming is defined as throwing two or more grenades in the same

location in a 30-second time frame. Forbidden is not an exception to the rule. they must follow the nade spam rule. Don't do it.

No Invisible Defusing If you are a race that can be completely invisible [NOTHING is visible,

including your weapon], you may NOT defuse the bomb. You must have some indication of your presence there.

N

o Warding the Objectives If you are a race that can lay wards, do NOT place them so that the

bomb can't be defused or planted by low HP races. Same applies for hostages.

NO Team Stacking. If the admin switching you to the other team to balance teams, you cannot switch back to the side you were

taken from.

and a few more rules from the other link is what I gave chaos

Few problems with your set rules... The shopmenu has been taken care of. They already added restrictions. Idk why you'd go ahead and send rules without getting peoples input on them... I mean that's great you think those are good but I posted this and came up with the rules that I did with a few other people... Anyways they didn't come to me I went to them. Seeing so many people post about 'op races' and in server 'these rules aren't posted' things I figured it needed to be taken care of. Anyways I see you didn't address many of the race specific rules that many people would like addressed. How is it that the server engineers refer to Forbidden as a KNIFE race and people still think it's all about grenade spamming? It's supposed to be a knife race so if they follow the nade spam rule there you go... It's just small things like that that people argue and yell at admins over and some admins just don't know which rules to go by... As for your kd suggestion.. personally I don't see how that would help I could go through dunpeal, gman, bulba, undead etc. and keep a 4:1 with each race and get like 100:5 kdr... Anyways I guess I'll just send mine off to chaos as well seeing as I'm not really getting much input on new rules...

And pan I wasn't exactly pointing that out for you... it was more espe's post, I just quoted you to address the other things you said about each race.

I'd put the rules up there incase it glitches, like how some people are able to use guns on knife races like wolverine. Just because the server lets them, we should have it in the rules so we can enforce them and tell them how its in the rules.

Yeah you have a point. idk I guess my feeling is they're restricted or they are a knife race so if it does glitch, the admins then have the right to punish them if they don't listen.